Free Potatoes

My "Inner Comrade" was screaming with glee when I came across this story. Now if we could get the party leaders to introduce beets into the school system, all will be well.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Senate threw its support behind the potato Tuesday, voting to block an Obama administration proposal to limit the vegetable on school lunch lines.

Full Story here

Now I just need to get little Pewkov to bring home his potatoes ... "Happy Times" potato vodka for me!

Seemed to me like Moochelle was down on potatoes. Then again, maybe not.

You ought'a see her eat a whole lobster this way.
Well worth the price of admission.

I denounce commrade Pewkov, the Associated Press, the potato industry, Senator Susan Collins and the entire US Senate. We have allowed these reactionaries to use doublespeak when we know that doublespeak is reserved only for true progressive goals. To call a potato a vegetable is blasphemy. Every good progressive scientist knows that potatoes are tubers - merely starchy fillers and not true vegetables. The 99% need brocoli and brussel sprouts. Potatoes should be reserved in our utopia for more noble purposes.
vodka.jpg

Now that's a must have for this year's Merry Winter Solstice Enlightenment Festival
and Gift Exchange !
( aka "Merry Marxmas" )

Recovering Capitalist wrote:I denounce commrade Pewkov, the Associated Press, the potato industry, Senator Susan Collins and the entire US Senate. We have allowed these reactionaries to use doublespeak when we know that doublespeak is reserved only for true progressive goals. To call a potato a vegetable is blasphemy. Every good progressive scientist knows that potatoes are tubers - merely starchy fillers and not true vegetables. The 99% need brocoli and brussel sprouts. Potatoes should be reserved in our utopia for more noble purposes.

Comrade .... uhm ... Capitalist?

I've never said the Glorious Potato was a vegetable. Please re-educate yourself with my post, I was QUOTING the Peoples' Paper ... the Associated Press. Just a teaser line for those Party Member's who don't want to take the time to read the full article.

The troubling bit in the news story, is that it was The Glorious Leader, Obama, that wanted potatoes removed from the school system. The word from the Inner Party is that those potatoes were destined for use in adult beverages. The Evil Rethuglicans interceded TGL Obama's plans and now we're going to be short potatoes once the revolution is complete.

Comrade Pewkov, you seem to be taking this denouncing much too personally. Think of the Kollective Good rather than your own sitution. When denouncing, it is better to be overinclusive than underinclusive. If you are truly innocent, the Komissars will figure that out. Reporting your neighbors is your Kollective duty.

Remember Comrades: "If You See Something, Say Something."

Recovering Capitalist wrote:I denounce commrade Pewkov, the Associated Press, the potato industry, Senator Susan Collins and the entire US Senate. We have allowed these reactionaries to use doublespeak when we know that doublespeak is reserved only for true progressive goals. To call a potato a vegetable is blasphemy. Every good progressive scientist knows that potatoes are tubers - merely starchy fillers and not true vegetables. The 99% need brocoli and brussel sprouts. Potatoes should be reserved in our utopia for more noble purposes.
vodka.jpg
I agree with you komrade. Only the Paяty Иomэикlatuяa can partake of bourgeoisie delights without relapsing into decadent Kapitalism.

I see that you have recently become a member of the Paяty and have decades ahead of you before becoming a member of the Иomэикlatuяa. Beets are enough for you at this stage.

As for me, where is the Kэяяy Яэd Saucэ?

The U.S. Department of Agriculture has been making an effort to make school lunches healthier. As a part of this effort, the United States Department of Agriculture made an effort to severely limit spuds in school meals, a move that has been blocked by the Senate. Article resource: Potatoes will stay in schools, for now .I think this idea will benefit the health of children.Instead of eating various junk foods and sodas....vegetables and root crops is good remedy.

Parents are not trained to know what is best to feed their offspring. That is the purview of a bureaucrat in Chicago...

Tovarichi wrote:Parents are not trained to know what is best to feed their offspring. That is the purview of a bureaucrat in Chicago...

Of course they're NOT. Only The Party is capable of determining what is good for you and your children. The reckless "thinking on your own" is what has caused the trouble in the first place.

Raznochinets Pewkov wrote:The troubling bit in the news story, is that it was The Glorious Leader, Obama, that wanted potatoes removed from the school system. The word from the Inner Party is that those potatoes were destined for use in adult beverages. The Evil Rethuglicans interceded TGL Obama's plans and now we're going to be short potatoes once the revolution is complete.

Not if you "get to know" Ustinya from the next Gulag over.

soviet-russia.jpg