Gibson Guitar Company Finally Fingers Feds

Prog Off.png

Gibson.jpg

Ricochet.com: The award for P.R. champion of the week goes to the Gibson guitar company, makers of the famous Les Paul guitar, and headquartered, I'm proud to say, here in my hometown of Nashville, Tennessee.

A couple of years ago, the Feds raided the Gibson factory here in Music City, SWAT-team style, and shut the whole company down, allegedly for possessing illegally imported wood. From what I gather, it had mostly to do with how the shipping containers were labeled. Anyway, it didn't merit a commando operation.

It was a disproportionate action on dubious grounds.

Gibson later settled for $300,000. But not until after it had already lost far more than that by virtue of being forced to shut down operations.

This week Gibson has announced the "Government Series" of guitars, to celebrate the end of its tussle with the eager enforcers of the U.S. Customs Department.

It's a series of guitars made, purportedly, with the very same wood that was seized by the United States government, which was later returned at the end of the fiasco.

Prog On.jpg

I assure you, the squirrel community will not be pleased. Guard your nuts carefully, comrades!

This just in .... Creed Bratton to hold another CCR re-re-reunion concert to support the EPA and climate change community using an official Les Paul Government II. According to John Beale, stage name - Creed, "We wanted to hold the benefit concert in Miami Beach, but climate change cold emanating from climate change heat, caused us to move the rock-fest to Costa Rica where climate change temperatures are a blistering 79 degrees." As the front man Creed screamed "FORWARD" and threw down a killer chop, the crowd went wild, and the concert began. Most of the proceeds, after Creed's expenses, go to help fight climate diversity.

Image Gibson is looking even more and more like my next guitar…

Image …how could we let them escape like this?!?! Revengeance shall be ours some day…!!

[img]/images/Gibson_Balalaika.jpg[/img]

Gibson USSA: State-issued, government series Balalaika. Play fast, drink hard, comrade! Only Gibson is Party-Approved.

ProgTurnedDown.jpg
My main machine for many, many years, both for playing live and for recording, was a black Gibson SG - refinished twice, no pick guard, Dimarzio Super Distortion pickups, silver mini-Schaller tuners, etc.

It was a serious work horse, and the next to the best action I've ever played.

I still have it :)

ProgBackTo11.jpg

Check out the specs comrades. They come with the infamous "Dirty Fingers" pickups

R.O.C.K. in the USSA wrote: My main machine for many, many years, both for playing live and for recording, was a black Gibson SG - refinished twice, no pick guard, Dimarzio Super Distortion pickups, silver mini-Schaller tuners, etc.

Comrade ROCK,

mod_meter.gif
As an enlightened prog, shouldn't you remain at maximum distortion continuously? Come on comrade! Get that mod meter up there in the RED where it belongs!

R.O.C.K. in the USSA wrote:
ProgTurnedDown.jpg
My main machine for many, many years, both for playing live and for recording, was a black Gibson SG - refinished twice, no pick guard, Dimarzio Super Distortion pickups, silver mini-Schaller tuners, etc.

ProgBackTo11.jpg
My favorite action, which was sold many years ago, was a non reverse Gibson Firebird in Sherwood Green. Just like Stevie Winwood's. I don't play anymore, my hands are so worn from years of beet harvesting.

Captain Craptek wrote:
R.O.C.K. in the USSA wrote: My main machine for many, many years, both for playing live and for recording, was a black Gibson SG - refinished twice, no pick guard, Dimarzio Super Distortion pickups, silver mini-Schaller tuners, etc.

Comrade ROCK,

mod_meter.gif
As an enlightened prog, shouldn't you remain at maximum distortion continuously? Come on comrade! Get that mod meter up there in the RED where it belongs!
Comrade: 11.

Red Square wrote:Gibson USSA: State-issued, government series Balalaika. Play fast, drink hard, comrade! Only Gibson is Party-Approved.
Image Does this mean I have to turn my old one in? Or can I just put the new one on a DA 2062?