Human Achievement Hour 2014

Saturday, March 29, 2014
8:30 pm – 9:30 pm

Human Achievement Hour (HAH) is a celebration of individual freedom and appreciation of the achievements and innovations that people have used to improve their lives throughout history.

To celebrate Human Achievement Hour, participants need only to spend the hour from 8:30 pm to 9:30 pm on March 29 enjoying the benefits of capitalism and human innovation: Gather with friends in the warmth of a heated home, watch television, take a hot shower, drink a beer, call a loved one on the phone, or listen to music.

On Saturday, March 29, 2014, from 8:30 pm to 9:30 pm, some people will shut off their lights and spend an hour in darkness as a symbolic vote against global climate change. Observers of Earth Hour want world leaders to “do something” about pollution and energy use.

What this means is that they want politicians to use legal mandates and punitive taxes to prevent individuals from freely using resources, hindering our ability to create the solutions and technologies of the future.

Instead, the Competitive Enterprise Institute asks you to spend that hour with your lights *on* in celebration of Human Achievement Hour.

Also, keep your eye on OpenMarket.org for the daily Human Achievement of the Day.

I did my part for the Human Achievement Hour. I frivolously gambled away my rations on horses at Sam Houston Race Park. I contributed to society by my participation of gluttonous behavior and frivolous expenditures. The race track even had a power surge that shut down all betting stations for 20 minutes. Not only were us participants wasting our hard revenue that could be better served by giving it to our beloved bureaucrats, but apparently we were frivolously wasting energy as well, not to mention the cruelty of forcing an 1100 lb. horse to carry a 110 lb. man for 300 yards.

Screen Shot 2014-03-29 at 10.13.49 PM.png

Comrade Šterpin wrote:
On Saturday, March 29, 2014, from 8:30 pm to 9:30 pm, some people will shut off their lights and spend an hour in darkness as a symbolic vote against global climate change. Observers of Earth Hour want world leaders to “do something” about pollution and energy use.

Sorry, but I didn't get your message till after I turned the power back on at 9:30. Next time you may want to notify us prior to the annual protest-blackout.

El Presidente wrote:...not to mention the cruelty of forcing an 1100 lb. horse to carry a 110 lb. man for 300 yards.
My genuine, EPA approved, solar, wind, and tides powered Obama FairBOy™ unfairness detector is clanging like the bells in the namesake Edgar Allen Poe poem. Justice for Obese Jockeys, NOW!

Dedhedvedev wrote:My genuine Obama FairBOy™ unfairness detector is clanging like the bells in the namesake Edgar Allen Poe poem.

Not to mention the fascist practice of having winners and losers. Clearly horse racing has yet to adopt the philosophy of equality of results that is being propagated by The Cube.