Internet Protection and Affordability Act - "ObamaWeb"

“That means that no matter how we reform the nation's internet, we will keep this promise to the American people: If you like your internet, you will be able to keep your internet, period. If you like what you pay now, you'll be able to pay what you pay now, period. No one will take it away, no matter what. Just as ObamaCare does not affect you but only affects the insurance companies the ObamaWeb will only affect the ISPs while giving you better service at fair cost. ”

"America is facing a crisis in broadband. Millions of Americans use substandard ISPs. Millions do not have ISPs at all because they can't afford the confiscatory monopoly rates charged by these fly-by-night companies operating without any reasonable oversight. Millions more through no fault of their own have preexisting economic conditions and are routinely turned down and denied broadband access in our present broken system. This has become a terrible social cost that we all end up paying. We are spending, as a whole, over twenty percent of our GDP on the Internet nationwide. This is a horrible burden on the economy and is adding to the deficit. This is simply unacceptable. We need better than this. We can do better than this.

"Having access to the internet is a right and the millions without internet must have internet. This is both a moral obligation and a practical obligation. And this is why the Internet Protection and Affordability Act is so vitally important. It will make the internet a public utility. This legislation ensures that every American enjoys good internet at an affordable cost. It ensures that no one will suffer substandard internet access. It ensures that no one has to rely on the old broken Wild-West ISP market that has run rampant robbing the nation of its GDP, adding to the nation's deficit, and providing nothing but unfair substandard internet access.

"The Internet Protection and Affordability Act will not only guarantee every American access to affordable broadband internet, it will bring down the internet costs for the nation and add to the economy by creating more jobs for the middle class. Most Americans will actually save money every month on their ISP bills.

"With this Act our national internet system will enter the 21st century and no Americans will ever again find themselves out in the cold, broken by the high costs of internet access."

Excerpt from President Barack Obama's Ohio speech on the ObamaWeb.

The Karl Marx Treatment Center's latest best seller is Sophistry For The Practical Totalitarian.

An inspiring speech, comrade. It brings tears to my eyes! What would America be like, without The One?

If only his O'liness would redistribute the fair share of the millionaires and billionaires portion of my service fees and taxes... Come to think of it, why shouldn't I have the same amount of bandwidth as Netflix or Amazon? I'm a citizen here, and a taxpayer and a loyal member of the John Birch Society NRA Party™ ! I'm a PROG dammit, one of the good guys in the white hats red hardhats, and I'm entitled!

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:If only his O'liness would redistribute the fair share of the millionaires and billionaires portion of my service fees and taxes... Come to think of it, why shouldn't I have the same amount of bandwidth as Netflix or Amazon? I'm a citizen here, and a taxpayer and a loyal member of the John Birch Society NRA Party™ ! I'm a PROG dammit, one of the good guys in the white hats red hardhats, and I'm entitled!
I think you express the sentiments of us all, comrade! This sense of entitlement is exactly the sentiment that Dear Leader is striving to satisfy! If only we had greater control over the interwebs...........

there is nothing that government cannotscrew up er, um, fix. We look forward to our improved internets after a hard wonderful day in the beet fields. It will all be so most excellent next Tuesday.

M84
I heard Open Enrollment in ObamaWeb starts this weekend; true?

M84 wrote:I heard Open Enrollment in ObamaWeb starts this weekend; true?

They're having some problems with their website. Obama's spiders are still trying to spin their Web. Don't worry. You'll get caught in the ObamaWeb soon enough. They're trying to make it extra sticky.

$.$. Halliburton wrote:
M84 wrote:I heard Open Enrollment in ObamaWeb starts this weekend; true?

They're having some problems with their website. Obama's spiders are still trying to spin their Web. Don't worry. You'll get caught in the ObamaWeb soon enough. They're trying to make it extra sticky.

ObamaWeb 404 Error 800x500.png

Dear Comrade Pingvin, I do believe you have pointed out what many have missed, i.e., when we put a system into neutral, it ceases to move.

RedDiaperette wrote:Dear Comrade Pingvin, I do believe you have pointed out what many have missed, i.e., when we put a system into neutral, it ceases to move.
Or rolls uncontrollably and inevitably towards an horrendous crash.......

Kapitan Kangaroo Kourt wrote:
RedDiaperette wrote:Dear Comrade Pingvin, I do believe you have pointed out what many have missed, i.e., when we put a system into neutral, it ceases to move.
Or rolls uncontrollably and inevitably towards an horrendous crash.......
Computer networks do have a tendency to crash, but this is due to the profit-mongering kulakian ISPs not upgrading their networks so that we all have the same bandwidth as internet hogs Netflix and Amazon. Bandwidth for all, comrades! Forward to Next Tuesday™!