Iranian youths sentenced to flogging for dancing to 'Happy'

Iran_Happy_Dancers_SCRN.jpg
Did you hear? Pharrell Williams is asking us to take a break and be happy. I agree! But Iranian youth who filmed themselves dancing to Pharrell Williams' 'Happy' were arrested, tried, and sentenced to 91 lashes and 6 months jail time each.

The sentences were suspended, however, because the case became too prominent in the media and caused international outcry. That means the punishment won't be carried out unless they commit other crimes (only Allah knows what that might be.)

Iran 'Happy' dancers sentenced to prison, floggings for their 'decadent' dancing

If you really want to see your fellow man in a greater array, watch #HAPPYDAY Supercut.

In fact, maybe The People's Cube should have a contest where comrades can submit their versions of happiness, according to them. I would love to see that!

That's what all these other guys are doing. Why can't we do it too?

Thanks, Pam. I was going to post it myself and even prepared a screenshot for the video, but got distracted by other projects. So I updated your post with my screenshot (and inserted some links, as you may see).

Red Square wrote:Thanks, Pam. I was going to post it myself and even prepared a screenshot for the video, but got distracted by other projects. So I updated your post with my screenshot (and inserted some links, as you may see).

Thanks Oleg, for fixing things up so everyone can see these links. I LOVE this song!

EDIT: And, sometimes you have to change what you wrote because it's the dumbest thing you ever typed on a computer. Sorry folks, needed to get some sleep. Wow. Talk about an embarrassment of glitches (and redundant thingies, yikes!)

Oleg and his lesser known brother Pharrell.

oleg-and-pharrell-atbashian.jpg

happy-iranians.jpg

Where is Happy Oleg Atbashian off to now?

oleg-pharrell-williams-atbashian.png

Is it possible that in translation, we lost the fact that flogging is appropriate punishment for LISTENING to that audio? I'd beat them myself! Our Mooslimic comrades know what they are doing, NASA is there to help them feel better about it too.

As to be expected, [color=#C0392B]Pamalinsky[/color] came up with a wonderful idea when she wrote:...maybe The People's Cube should have a contest where comrades can submit their versions of happiness, according to them. I would love to see that!

Supreme Iranian President Hassan Rowhani, 'I like to kick back with my bud Lil' Wayne, lip-sync to some Pharrell and stroke my supreme sub-Saharan sand squirrel - Iranian Army Captain Crapteki!'

rowhani-is-happy.jpg

Comrade Putout wrote:.
Oleg and his lesser known brother Pharrell.

oleg-and-pharrell-atbashian.jpg

happy-iranians.jpg

Where is Happy Oleg Atbashian off to now?

oleg-pharrell-williams-atbashian.png
Dearest Sista Comrade Putout,

As a fellow artist, I'd like to commend you on the subtle glow on Comrade Red's forehead, showing there is something present, other than a hat on top of his head. The glow does, indeed, come from within. Brilliant! Nice touch!

Comrade Putout wrote:
As to be expected, [color=#C0392B]Pamalinsky[/color] came up with a wonderful idea when she wrote:...maybe The People's Cube should have a contest where comrades can submit their versions of happiness, according to them. I would love to see that!

Once again, dear Sista Comrade Putout,

I am most flattered by your suggestion that I may actually have a good idea about this contest.

Thing is, there is only one who has included other comrades in her posts with great success. And, that is YOU!

I know you are up to something. This could be your magnum opus!

I, of course, will generously (like all made progs who want attention) lend my image to you, as, I'm sure, other comrades will. We all love to be in the limelight, or, should I say, Cubelight?

PS: Don't forget to include Craptek, I know you guys got something goin' on.

Go for it! Maybe others will follow, just like Pharrell.

; • ) Pammie

I could tell [color=#C0392B]Pammie[/color] was happy when she wrote:Once again, dear Sista Comrade Putout,

I am most flattered...

You are quite welcome, Sista Pammie!

It looks like Oleg 'Pharrell' Atbashian has memorized the words to an old Cream song... or perhaps he is really happy and/or glad!

oleg-is-so-glad.jpg

Nothing wrong with that young lady that can't be fixed with soap & water and a hairbrush....

Tovarichi wrote:Nothing wrong with that young lady that can't be fixed with soap & water and a hairbrush....
OK, Tovi, I can see the hairbrush part but the "soap and water" part I just don't get. /sarc

Comrade Putout wrote:
I could tell [color=#C0392B]Pammie[/color] was happy when she wrote:Once again, dear Sista Comrade Putout,

I am most flattered...

You are quite welcome, Sista Pammie!

It looks like Oleg 'Pharrell' Atbashian has memorized the words to an old Cream song... or perhaps he is really happy and/or glad!

oleg-is-so-glad.jpg

Good start, Sista Comrade Putout, I have to admit I am a fan of "Cream." Yeah, I was.

[img]images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img] I love this post because it's a celebration of the human spirit!

[color=#C0392B]Pammie[/color] hit the nail right on the head when she wrote:Image I love this post because it's a celebration of the human spirit!

I like to think we are also celebrating our gracious host, Oleg!

oleg-in-the-box.gif

I was thinking the same thing, Sista Putout, just shows great minds, if you'll pardon the expression, think alike!

Regarding the Tri-titted one...She been proven a fake! Easily Googled.

Wow! Talk about a 3-card-monte! Ha! Ha! Ha! She punked everyone!

Pamski, the soap was to wash the LIES from her mouth...

Actually, Tovi, I missed that and put a "sarc" thing in there to cover myself. But, you were right! I should know better because I remember when they used to call those things "falsies." They were bra inserts to make your lady bits look larger. This girls' prank takes that idea over the top!

Another confession: I missed the hairbrush thing, too! Corporal punishment is what you meant and is in order here. Jeesh, I just thought she needed to brush her hair or something. Duuuuuuh!

Thanks for setting me straight.

[img]images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img] Hey, Comrades,

There is no end to the images of our friends expressing their happiness and how much they love it. I love all of them. But, I have to say I really love this Grab shot of a girl reaching for the sky. She's a girl after my own heart.

Happy Girl Reaching for Sky.gif

FREEDOM! LIBERTY! HAPPINESS! YES!