It’s the WAR, Stupid!

New deadliest month in Afghan war
AP wrote:The deaths bring to 55 the total number of American troops killed in October in Afghanistan...

"A loss like this is extremely difficult for the families as well as for those who served alongside these brave service members," said Navy Capt. Jane Campbell, a military spokeswoman. "Our thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends who mourn their loss."

The President leaves trivial matters like these to Vice President Hair Club. He only concerns himself with important matters of state like the lies Faux News is telling or the greens fees at various golf courses.

Comrade VP Plugs is the man for decision making. Remember he rode the Amtrak to work and back so he is eminently qualified. And he has been a progressive Senator for a long time, need i say more?

Democracies can not finish wars unless under personal and obvious threat. Only Motherland collectives can fight such wars (unless money runs out) because the will of the people is subservient to the will of the state. War weariness of a democratic population will short circuit any chance of winning a non-defensive war (not to mention political infighting to retain or obtain power). VP Plugs has it right. Look as though you are fighting without really fighting. Bomb something now and then, use tough talk, but save money and lives and reach out from a distance with technologically superiority. Nothing says you are at war like a big explosion.

All those hours on the Amtrak have paid vast wisdom dividends. And who knows ... maybe he is on to something.But for heaven's sake, please stop sending these guys out into the field with no support. Doesn't anyone over there have a rocket or missile to send instead?

I like the precedent Obama is setting in Afghanistan. Think about it...

What if there was a civil uprising here and martial law was declared, but the military refused to obey because they need to think about it?

After all, choosing to prop up an unpopular regime by military force is a solemn decision not to be made in haste.

It might be better for the military to await the outcome of the "special election" before stepping in to restore order.

[prog off]

And here I was thinking that there was broader consensus that we should be in Afghanistan than in Iraq.

If that's true, dithering in Afghanistan seems completely asinine.

This seems to confirm that the Left didn't really care that Iraq was diverting resources from Afghanistan.

Red Square wrote:New deadliest month in Afghan war
AP wrote:The deaths bring to 55 the total number of American troops killed in October in Afghanistan...

"A loss like this is extremely difficult for the families as well as for those who served alongside these brave service members," said Navy Capt. Jane Campbell, a military spokeswoman. "Our thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends who mourn their loss."

It's real simple, Dear Leader is starting a new Acorn Voter drive since his Poll numbers are tanking, where else will he get the votes in 2012?

In Nevada ACORN voted the Dallas Cowboys. I only hope that Dear O'Leader manages to vote all of the Arlington National Cemetery in 2012.

But here's another thought. I heard a German woman say that she ought to get to vote for the United States President because what he did was so important to Germany.

Since we buy so much from China and they hold so much of our debt, why not let the Chinese vote?

"For years you've voted for Commies at home. Now vote for the Commie in Washington!"

Yes, the Germans are truly affected. We have controlled their economy for years by purchasing German cars with our evil kapitalist dollars. And don't forget Nivea Cream. It's a old German classic. Of course, they have never cared for our cars, and I don't understand why. Could it be that they look down their noses at us, especially when we had a "Cowboy President?"

And of course, we never need worry about the actions of the Germans, need we? Never mind that the attack on the World Trade Center was planned in Hamburg. What happens in Germany usually stays in Germany, except, well, there are a few exceptions, aren't there?

The German term for big, fancy car--read Cadillac--is I believe <i>Amischlitten</i>. Of course I consider some of their cars to be a <i>furtz</i>. I hope Genosse Pieck can give me some help in this.