Levitated Mass or Why California Is Not Like Us

Who wouldn't pay $10,000,000 for a big rock, especially if it is ART. A museum in California just bit on one. A common prol would not understand such deepness (or denseness). But it does give insight into the Left Coast's financial difficulty.

levitated mass.jpg

People's Comrade, why of course, this is why our party must micromanage every detail of the average prole's life. Why, if they cannot figure out the beauty and value of a piece of rock like this, and why tax dollars should pay for it, they simply do not understand how to live. It's like those museums with rooms that have canvasses with solid colors. Or the ones that look like the result of a paintball fight. These are easily worth millions if not billions. With the paintball canvasses, no two are alike. Or what about the ones that just have scribbles on them? We need to increase taxes to buy these for museums everywhere. Every museum in the United States should have at least one. Tax the rich!

Yes, a rock in every museum could never be realized by individual museums. But together, with other people's money, it can be done. Each community can tax travelers/non-residents and therefore, it would be free. This is the magic of taxing others. There are only positive economic effects.

Image looks like just another *BFR to me.

Image How glorious! I'm so glad there are academic elite to tell us what is art, comrades!

* (Big Friggin' Rock.)

Before being placed on permanent display, the museum will be required to file an EPA impact statement to determine whether there are any endangered ants or burrowing rodents on the site.
Thanks to a more streamline approach within the EPA, " The Rock " could be given the go ahead as soon as 2015.

Where art is concerned, we waive EPA requirements (unless there is a Christian motif).

This rock is a treasure according to Darwinian Geological theory. Deposition occurs at 1 centimeter every year. The "Growth Cycle" for this gem required many thousands of years.
For that reason alone, it is a treasure.

There needs to be a state holiday for this overgrown stone, possible taking up an entire week.

The correct identifier is Peoples Democratic Dictatorship of Kalifornia.
Last edited by General Confusion on 3/10/2012, 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason for editing this post: space needed or space needle, take your pick

Comrades, it is GOOD to see one of my brethren (or perhaps sistren, the photo was from the wrong direction to be able to tell) having an opportunity to raise - to levitate, if you will - the art consciousness of the proles of Kalifornia.

I wonder if it, too, is a musical Rock?

If located in Kalifornia, I hope it's Progressive Rock...though alternative rock will suffice.

And we all know (wink wink) that Sandra Fluke hopes it's a hard rock!