Media Matters: Learn How To Denounce Enemies Correctly

I got this link in the mail today from Comradette Ronichka, who brought our posters to the recent anti-pork rally in Denver -

Unhinged in 30 days: The right-wing media's Obama era implosion

Read it and weep, comrades! Learn from professionals how to be unhinged and position yourself as a victim, while earning money at the same time, in four easy steps:

• Step 1: Approach someone in the crowd and hick him in the sheen (it doesn't matter if you know the target, but it's important to have police nearby).
  • Step 2: Immediately start crying and loudly denounce your target for kicking you without provocation. The more you whine, the angrier your target will become - and the guiltier he will look in the eyes of the community and the police.
  • Step 3: Produce the People's Cube posters as proof of your victim status.
  • Step 4: Collect a check from George Soros.

And more foaming at the mouth, please! We will not accept any further denunciations without the foaming.

Case in point:

Eric Boehlert, a professional sheen-kicker, writes an unhinged and hateful tirade in the left-wing media, denouncing the "unhinged and hateful right-wing media" for criticizing Obama. He artfully kicks and whines at the same time, while taking himself so seriously that he misses the irony of posting this complaint on a website called The Smirking Chimp - the epitome of the eight-year-long Bush Derangement Syndrome at its worst - where he's been an official blogger for 2 years 23 weeks.

The author is described as follows:

A senior fellow at Media Matters for America, and a former senior writer for Salon, Boehlert's first book, "Lapdogs: How The Press Rolled Over for Bush," was published in May. He can be reached at [email protected]

For someone with such credentials, who was able to publish a book under such a nonsensical title, to complain about the dominance of right-wing media means only one thing: professional, paid-by-the-hour sheen-kicking. It deserves a scientific study - being either a case of psychological projection of a sociopath, or part of an organized, cold and calculated effort to frame the other side for supposedly doing what they themselves are doing. It also helps to drown potential questions in the deafening noise they are raising over the mythical "Republican Noise Machine."

And here's the part where he illustrates the right-wing media's attacks with the People's Cube posters from the Denver rally. For the newbies, these posters were made in August last year for the DNC convention in Denver - not to "regurgitate the hateful talking points the Noise Machine has been churning out since Obama's inauguration just one month ago." But one must be a "senior fellow" at Media Matters to be able to dig this deep.

This is a screen capture. I noticed that the images on the Smirking Chimp were actually located on the MediaMatters.org servers. So I went to that site as well and found the same article posted there. I further googled the title "Unhinged in 30 days: The right-wing media's Obama era implosion" and found dozens of leftist websites and blogs posting it - some using the Mimeswipe method - but also some prominent sites where Boehlert posted it himself, as an insider - including Air America where he is featured as a guest blogger, AlterNet, and The Huffington Post where Boehlert is a regular blogger and has his own page with a bio.

A media attack lapdog complaining he's a victim? It might be a little more convincing if it weren't for all that hustling and foaming at the mouth. Yet good enough to warrant eight pages of results in Google.

Considering that this is an asymmetrical warfare and the right-wingers hardly ever do the dastardly things the left is fond of, the complaints must be loud and perpetual in order to be believable. This is what "senior fellows" like Eric Boehlert are for. The impression of massive public indignation is created by multiple posts in various sources. And they are worth every penny George Soros is paying them. This is where Step 4 comes in.

Some background: Media Matters was created by David Brock who, in an earlier life, was a Republican operative.

Wikipedia wrote: David Brock (born November 2, 1962) is an American journalist and author and the founder of Media Matters for America. He was a conservative journalist during the 1990s.[1] During that time he was best known for his book The Real Anita Hill and authoring the Troopergate story, which led to Paula Jones filing a lawsuit against Bill Clinton. He tells his personal story in his memoir Blinded by the Right and criticizes the "conservative media machine" in his book The Republican Noise Machine. His work on the latter book led him to found Media Matters for America, a non-profit organization that describes itself as a "progressive research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media."

LOL. Conservative misinformation -- that's rich. Here is David with his new friends:

Who can resist switching teams -- politically -- when you have the sultry Bonnie Fwank tempting you at every turn? Who could resist those man boobs!? Who I ask!?

Oh... Oh... This is why Brock left:

Wikipedia wrote: Brock said that he had reached a turning point — he had thoroughly examined charges against the Clintons, could not find any evidence of wrongdoing, and did not want to make any more misleading claims. Brock further said that his former friends in right-wing politics shunned him because Seduction did not adequately attack the Clintons. He also argued that his "friends" had not really been friends at all, due to the open secret that Brock was gay.

So now he slimes and makes misleading statements about Republicans. Wonderful.

I recall reading Brock's articles in <i>The American Spectator</i> which was the source of a good deal of this. They were by the way a victim of the Clinton smear machine.

R. Emmett Tyrell, asked whether he minded if Brock was gay, made some comment like, "We're all gay here except Wlady."

There was some disappointment that his book on our MTE did not use the knife as much we people knew he could do. My personal opinion is that he is a smart man but like so many gay men fell in thrall to a smart and strong woman. And I'll bet that he was schmoozed too.

One of the hazards of being gay is maintaining a balanced view. I always identified with straight men because they were nearly all of my friends. I cared nothing for chick flicks, Hollywood, &c. (Although I don't give a shit about sports.) I could get away with setting my own course because I am, cough, cough, strong minded. And to be fair I've never moved in Washington and NYC circles and yearned to be invited to the right parties.

It is easy, or was easy, some years ago to look at women complaining about the glass ceiling and think, "I wouldn't have a glass ceiling. I wouldn't have a job as a steno." And thereby to sympathize with the underdog, and in the case of our MTE ignore her felonies and lies.

This defection happened to Garry Wills, too although I've no idea about his sexuality, nor do I care.

But we got Christopher Hitchens, smarter than both of them squared.