Sam Adams - My New Favorite Prog Beer

SamuelAdamsBeer.jpg
Comrades, I have a new favorite line of beers!

Some of you probably know that one of the favorite slogans of the founders >spit< of this country during the War for Independence was "No King but King Jesus!"

Well, there's a beer company that's seen past all that religious mumbo jumbo - and they say that they bow to NO king!

In their advertisement they also quite wisely remove "by their Creator" from their quote from the Declaration of Independence, which makes total sense to me. After all, our Dear Leader quotes the Declaration in the exact same way.

I raise a glass of Samuel Adams Cream Stout to my fellow progs!!

I give the Capitalists at Samuel Adams the benefit of the doubt on this one. I assume they did not want to link "their Creator" with the capitalist enterprise of beer consumption.

As for Dear Leader. I believe he simply left out "their creator" because he didn't want to sound like he was talking about himself too much.

Sam Adams wrote:How strangely will the Tools of a Tyrant pervert the plain Meaning of Words!

ProgOff.jpg
Actually, the Samuel Adams company says that they can't legally refer to "religion" in their advertisements. My response is that no one said they had to quote the Declaration in their ad - had they not quoted that specific line, there would have been no missing reference to "their Creator".

An additional irony is that Samuel Adams, in addition to probably being the one man without whom the War for Independence would not have taken place, was also possibly the most outspoken of the well known founders about his Christianity.

ProgOn.jpg

Cone_of_Silence 5.png

Comrade ROCK

I hadn't seen that ad before. Strange that he says "...all men are created equal" - no problem. But, to say "...and endowed by their creator" is a no-no. How progishly juvenile. I'm not a religiously inclined person, but I understand the intent of the original wording. I also know that it's a disgraceful act of cowardice to intentionally omit a simple phrase - that means so many different things to so many different people - out of the quote. Put another way, it's a chicken-shit excuse to say it's "illegal" to utter the phrase "endowed by their Creator"!
(no offense intended, Comrade Rooster)

Comrade Putout,

I have mastered a new tail technique you may find useful enjoyable interesting.

Tail Tickler 2 GIF.gif

[color=#C0392B]Captain Craptek[/color] became my best friend when he wrote:Comrade Putout,

I have mastered a new tail technique you may find useful enjoyable interesting.
crapteks-new-tail.gif
drink-up-comrade-craptek.jpg

Captain Craptek wrote: I hadn't seen that ad before. Strange that he says "...all men are created equal" - no problem. But, to say "...and endowed by their creator" is a no-no. How progishly juvenile.
Indeed.

And just for fun, here's my favorite quote from Samuel Adams - probably my favorite from all of the founders:

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; may your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."

Would that we had men of Adams' character today in What's Left of America...

After a few are consumed for quality assurance, it begins to sound like Sham
Adumbs anyway.