OBAMA might have been a WAR HERO

OBAMA might have been a WAR HERO, if it had been convenient for him

The statement is thought to be the first time during the 19-month-long presidential campaign that the Democratic nominee for the White House has indicated he once wanted to serve in uniform. The aspiration was not mentioned in either of his two volumes of memoirs.
Mr. Obama was asked by George Stephanopoulos of ABC's "This Week" programme whether he'd ever thought about military service and replied:

"You know, uh uh ah um I actually did. I had to uh uh sign up ah for Selective um Service [a means of conscription in case of war] when I graduated from high high uh high school.”

"And I was growing up in Hawaii. And I have friends whose you know uh parents uh were in the military. There are a lot of uh Army, uh military bases there. [Navy and Marines as well.]
"And I actually always thought of the military as an ennobling and, you know, honourable option. But keep in mind that I graduated in 1979. The Vietnam War had come to an end. We weren't engaged in an active military conflict at that point. And so, it's not an option that I ever uh,,, decided to pursue."

Of course there was the Iranian hostage thing going on at the time. Good thing some youngsters were serving, even without the enticement of Viet Nam.

“Uh ya, but I had ah to um uh ah....”

And Beriut in 1983. Luckily, we still had some guys in the Marines at that time. Guys who had nothing to do.

“But I uh...”

And you were still young enough for Desert Storm in 1991. I mean, if you really wanted to fight.

“I I I uh was helping people learn to sign up for government programs in Chicago and uh showing them how to uh vote ah Dhimmi uh Democrat."

The Illinois senator's newly-disclosed military ambition came after the choice of Sarah Palin as the running mate of his opponent John McCain ensured that for the first time in modern history three of the four candidates on the two presidential tickets would have a son that had served or would serve in a war zone.

Mrs Palin's eldest son Track, 19, is due to leave for Iraq on Thursday, the seventh anniversary of the September 11th attacks on America and exactly a year after he joined the US Army as an infantryman.

John McCain's youngest son Jimmy, also 19, is a lance-corporal in the US marine corps who served in Ramadi, deep in Iraq's Sunni triangle, last year. His other son Jack, 21, is currently training to be an officer at the US Naval Academy in Annapolis.

Beau Biden, 39, elder son of Senator Joe Biden, Mr Obama's running mate, is scheduled to go to Iraq early next year. Beau Biden is attorney general of Delaware and a captain in the legal corps of the US Army's National Guard. Under the Amrican Royalty system, he is in line to inherit his father's Senate seat should Mr Obama win the White House, and will no doubt have a cushy billet in Iraq.

Mr Obama is more vulnerable than most Democrats on the patriotism issue because of his exotic life story, his past radical associations, his previous refusal to wear an American flag pin - though he has since relented and is now seldom seen without one - and inaccurate smears that he is a Muslim - and an odd freudian slip about his “muslim faith”.

Mr. Obama has shown no backbone whatsoever at any time in his life, but that is no reason to discount what he says now.

Next week, a special report:
I could have field dressed a moose, but I lost my uh uh um ah uh you know uh um pocket knife.

[If Red Bubba had been a reactionary, nothing, not even Marxism, would hack him off more than this twits "I coulda joined..." BS. Fortunately, he is full of hope and change instead. Semper Fidelis.]

And I might have been a community organizer...

Da I can see the Obamamessiah proudly leading troops in to battle. The Enemy would have fled the trembling might the Messiah would have brought forward....

Sigh.................Yes comrades I can see the Messiah now Marlboro pressed between his lips, Carrying a 50 Caliber Machine gun under one arm a wounded solder over the other, firing a 45 in the other hand.......

Ooops I just wet myself