Oliver Stone Has A Man Crush On Hugo Chavez

EMBEDDED IMAGE NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Hugo Chavez Hits Red Carpet for Screening of Oliver Stone's New Movie
Stone says the U.S. media — including FOX News — and the government have demonized Chavez and other leftist South American leaders.

"You can't get a fair hearing for Chavez. It's an outrageous caricature they've drawn of him in the Western press," said Stone told Variety.

"You can't get a fair hearing for Chavez. It's an outrageous caricature they've drawn of him in the Western press," said Stone told Variety....

How right is the progressive agitprop provider Stone. (Sorry..by "right" I meant "correct"...."KORREKT" !)

It's irrelevant how many political opponents Chavez has tortured, executed or imprisoned, and how many hard working individuals he has forced into collective slavery.

What we <i>really</i> want to know is what's on his iPod, was he ever grounded by his parents and what for, and what groovy creative ways he recycles and looks after the planet.

Viva la cult of personality!!

Most excellent Superkommissar Maksim!

We must get Queen Nansky to portray the character that Juliette Lewis played.

Now, here's an article I find shocking:

Stone says Chavez film may struggle to get U.S. play

VENICE (Reuters) – U.S. director Oliver Stone fears his documentary about Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, a fierce critic of American foreign policy, will struggle to find a distributor at home.

"South of the Border," which had its world premiere at the Venice film festival this week, portrays Chavez as a champion of the poor, and includes interviews with the leaders of Brazil, Bolivia, Argentina, Paraguay, Ecuador and Cuba.

He focuses on how a generation of leftist leaders is seeking increasing independence from the International Monetary Fund and, by extension, U.S. economic policy, which Stone criticizes in the movie.

South of the Border also seeks to demonstrate how Chavez has been unfairly demonized by the U.S. media which has cast him as a dangerous maverick who is a threat to security.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090908/fil ... ce_stone_4

Isn't that weird? I would've thought that in hard economic times like these, folks would just be dying to spend $10-$15 of their hard earned money (if they still have a job, or to borrow it if they don't) to see a crappy film by a nitwit limosine liberal Hollywood a$$hole director who wants to lecture them on the "virtues" of a scumbag dictator of a banana republic. Gee, outside of going down to the city pound and watching stray animals be euthanized, what could be more fun than this movie? I just don't get it.