Presidential Proclamation: May Day = National Loyalty Day

White_House_Red_Flag_Masthead.jpg

Presidential Proclamation -- Loyalty Day, 2013

LOYALTY DAY, 2013

- - - - - - -

BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

A PROCLAMATION

In the centuries since America broke from an empire and claimed independence, our people have come together again and again to meet the challenges of a changing world. We have reinvented our cities with advances in science and reformed our markets with new understanding of the forces that guide them. We have fought for freedom in the theater of war and expanded its reach during times of peace. We have revamped and recovered and remade ourselves anew, mindful that when times change, so must we. But with every step forward, we have reaffirmed our faith in the ideals that inspired our founding. We have held fast to the principles at our country's core: service and citizenship; courage and the common good; liberty, equality, and justice for all.

This is our Nation's heritage, and it is what we remember on Loyalty Day. It is an occasion that asks something of us as a people: to rediscover those ageless truths our Founders held to be self-evident, and to renew them in our own time. We look back to Americans who did the same, from generation to generation -- citizens who strengthened our democracy, organizers who made it broader, service members who gave everything to protect it. These patriots and pioneers remind us that while our path to a more perfect Union is unending, with hope and hard work, we can move forward together.

Today, we rededicate ourselves to that enduring task. We do so knowing our journey is not complete until the promises of our founding documents are made real for every American, regardless of their station in life or the circumstances of their birth. Progress may come slow; the road may be long. But as loyal citizens of these United States, we have the power to set our country's course. Let us mark this day by pressing on in the march toward lasting freedom and true equality, grateful for the precious rights and responsibilities entrusted to each of us by our forebears.

In order to recognize the American spirit of loyalty and the sacrifices that so many have made for our Nation, the Congress, by Public Law 85-529 as amended, has designated May 1 of each year as "Loyalty Day." On this day, let us reaffirm our allegiance to the United States of America, our Constitution, and our founding values.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim May 1, 2013, as Loyalty Day. This Loyalty Day, I call upon all the people of the United States to join in support of this national observance, whether by displaying the flag of the United States or pledging allegiance to the Republic for which it stands.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this thirtieth day of April, in the year of our Lord two thousand thirteen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and thirty-seventh.

BARACK OBAMA

[img]/images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img]
If you have read this to the end, you are probably thinking that, for a political parody, this spoof is only mildly funny. Where is the punch line? The punch line here is this: the entire text, without any alterations, has been copied and pasted from the actual White House website. Let me reiterate: this is not a parody.

Spoofing president Obama and his policies is becoming increasingly challenging: how can one reveal absurdities that aren't being hidden, but instead, are being openly trumpeted? The good news is that if this trend continues, soon we'll be able to make people laugh simply by copy-pasting official government speeches, memos, and proclamations.

I can't quote this often enough - and the truth of this quote is becoming more obvious with every new move by this administration and its subservient media:

"The uncontested absurdities of today are the accepted slogans of tomorrow. They come to be accepted by degrees, by precedent, by implication, by erosion, by default, by dint of constant pressure on one side and constant retreat on the other - until the day when they are suddenly declared to be the country's official ideology." - Ayn Rand

Live and learn:

Wikipedia wrote:Loyalty Day

The holiday was first observed in 1921, during the First Red Scare. It was originally called "Americanization Day," and it was intended to replace the May 1 ("May Day") celebration of the International Workers' Day, which commemorates the 1886 Haymarket Massacre in Chicago.

Loyalty Day is celebrated with parades and ceremonies in several U.S. communities, like Batavia, Illinois, although many people in the United States remain unaware of it.[citation needed] Although a legal holiday, it is not a federal holiday, and is not commonly observed.

During the second Red scare, it was made an official holiday by the U.S. Congress on July 18, 1958 (Public Law 85-529). Following the passage of this law, President Dwight D. Eisenhower proclaimed May 1, 1959, the first official observance of Loyalty Day. [6] With the exception of Eisenhower in 1959 and 1960, Loyalty Day has been recognized with an official proclamation every year by every president since its inception as a legal holiday in 1958.

That may be so, but every president fills this old flask with new wine - in this case, Kool-Aid - lionizing community organizers and equating them to the soldiers of the Revolution, promoting the Marxist concept of societal change, etc.

The government shouldn't have messed with this in the first place. Granted, in 1921 and 1958, no one could imagine America would have a president who shares communist ideas.

Herein lies the lesson: amateurs shouldn't be playing political jiu-jitsu with the Professional Left.

Image This so thrilling -- now the day to celebrate communism, has become a Loyalty Day in the USSA... USA. Are we all to swear Oath of Hussein Obama not? Do we raise our right hand, and place it on the Bible... Koran... picture of dear leader? What a jerk he is.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. C. .S. Lewis

Red Square,

Into the box below I've pasted United States Code Title 36 Sction 115 (which is the U.S. Code codification of Public Law 85-529. Scroll down below the box for my comments regarding your interpretation of Obama's Proclamation thereunder.

[table][tr][td] Public Law 85-529 (36 USC Section 115) became a federal statute in 1958 (see legislative-history note at end)
36 USC Sec. 115 01/03/2012 (112-90) -EXPCITE-
TITLE 36 - PATRIOTIC AND NATIONAL OBSERVANCES, CEREMONIES, AND
ORGANIZATIONS
Subtitle I - Patriotic and National Observances and Ceremonies
Part A - Observances and Ceremonies
CHAPTER 1 - PATRIOTIC AND NATIONAL OBSERVANCES -HEAD-
Sec. 115. Loyalty Day -STATUTE-
(a) Designation. - May 1 is Loyalty Day.
(b) Purpose. - Loyalty Day is a special day for the reaffirmation
of loyalty to the United States and for the recognition of the
heritage of American freedom.
(c) Proclamation. - The President is requested to issue a
proclamation -
(1) calling on United States Government officials to display
the flag of the United States on all Government buildings on
Loyalty Day; and
(2) inviting the people of the United States to observe Loyalty
Day with appropriate ceremonies in schools and other suitable
places. -SOURCE-
(Pub. L. 105-225, Aug. 12, 1998, 112 Stat. 1257.) -MISC1- HISTORICAL AND REVISION NOTES
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Revised Source (U.S. Code) Source (Statutes at Large)
Section
--------------------------------------------------------------------
115(a) 36:162 (1st-13th July 18, 1958, Pub. L.
words). 85-529, 72 Stat. 369.
115(b) 36:162 (14th
word-semicolon).
115(c) 36:162 (words after
semicolon).[/td][/tr][/table]

So what if you didn't know the legislative origin of the authorization/request for annual presidential proclamations. You were making a correct point by recognizing the the French-Revolution type of language "Liberty, equality and justice for all" (italics added by me), which, like Marxism, focues on the noun "equality" rather than the descriptive word "equal" denoting equality under the law in our Constitutional system to mean no citizen is born with an intrinsically higher legal status than any other citizen.

The French Revolution slogan (Liberty, Fraternity, Equality) like Marxism/Collectivism invokes a static, result-oriented (and intrinsically false) view of "equality" rather than the equal-before-the-law concept embodying the foundational principles of our system.

So much of the rest of the proclamation comprises euphemistic assertions of what is essentially the Progressive view that we should view foundational constitutional principles as malleable sophistry to be interpreted not according to their abstract meaning but rather according to political expediency. You weer correct to recognize the Progressive Kool-Aid surrounded by the window dressing of allusions to the founders and the timeless, abstract principles they articulated in creating what was then the most revolutionary leap forward for freedom in all of human history.

Few if any of our leaders today would have the intellectual horsepower to even come close to their accomplishments. So, you're right after all. It's an unwitting self-parody of Obama's redistributionist philosophy surrounded by words normally associated with the abstract principles atriculated by our Founders.

You were right to mock the progressive philosophy surrounded by the window-dressing of allusions to our founders and foundational principles. If our side doesn't figure out how to catch the attention of LIVs (and then enlighten them) between now and November, 2014, then the 2015 Proclaimation will tout "Liberty, equality, suitable housing, suitable ObamaCare, free ObamaPhones Google-Glass, food stamps, unemployablity compensation, three veggies a day, and justice for all."

For the sake of brevity and to avoid insulting everyone's intelligence, I will forego further specfications of how other language in the proclamation subliminally promotes collectivist philosophy.

Somehow, our side must enable the LIVs to learn that "The Price of What's Free is Freedom."

--KOOK
Last edited by KOOK on 5/2/2013, 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason for editing this post: replace text lost in cut/paste

Fraulein Frankenfeinstein wrote: ... Do we raise our right hand ....?
Left hand.

Senator Durbin hasn't heard of Loyalty Day either. That is, he must have heard something but not actually read it, because in this video he calls it "Law Day."

Still, it's a very convenient disguise, to celebrate communism by calling it "law," "loyalty," or whatever.

There may come a day when it will be celebrated officially with a milder dressing - just like the other international communist holidays - Earth Day, Women's Day, etc.

Senator Durbin Defends Rallying with Communists and Anarchists at May Day Chicago

Oleg, you have just confirmed to me what I have feared, that we have a hardcore fanatical Marxist in the White House, who is not only full of himself with self adoration, but who acts and thinks of Marxist Symbols in Pavlovian Terms, such as MAY DAY (doesn't he realize how obvious he is?).

Thanks for scaring me into waking up from the turpor of everyday life in America (while it is slowly melting in front of our eyes).

Let's Party on while the Titanic Sinks!!!!!!

As I've always said, only Obama can save us from Himself.

Prog Off.png
I've watched Durbin running his mouth on C-SPAN Senate coverage for years but never heard him commit so openly to the far left as he does in the video clip above. I'm convinced the entire prog caucus will be declaring the same allegiance in due time. At least it's getting out there. The question now - will enough LIVs notice or understand what it means?

Prog On.jpg
"Little Dick" Durbin - The People's Senator.

Prog Off.png
I just realized that if Anthony Weiner gets back into elected office there could someday be a jointly sponsored Bill known as The The Little Dick-Weiner Bill.

Prog On.jpg
Forward!