Prog Off Project: Spot the Logical Fallacies

Raum Emmanual Goldstein
KOMRADES!

I have a CHALLENGE for you!

See if you can spot as many logical fallacies and flaws (print and imagery) as you can find in the following Print Media Campaign layouts from “Moms Demand Action” and list them in your commentary…

So far... I'm up to at least five.

Don't forget to disengage your Prog before you begin.

From Independent Journal Review: https://www.ijreview.com/2013/04/47217- ... t-weapons/

Moms Demand Action announced a new PSA campaign titled Choose One, a series of print ads featuring assault weapons alongside other objects that have been banned to protect children.

Dodgeball versus a weapon? A book versus a weapon? A toy filled egg versus a weapon? Some comments on the MDA page noted that this ad campaign is very powerful; there is nothing powerful about these ads to me. The basis of gun control arguments revolves around the interpretation of the Constitution. I don't even really understand why the other things are banned, so the argument about why banning dodgeball justifies banning an assault weapon mainly just confuses me, and is an incredibly weak argument anyway.

Each begins with the header:

"ONE CHILD IS HOLDING SOMETHING THE IS BANNED IN AMERICA TO PROTECT THEM."
~
Image “We ban the game dodgeball because it's viewed as being too violent. Why not assault weapons?”

Image “We won't sell Kinder [toy filled] chocolate eggs in the interest of child safety. Why not assault weapons?”

Image “We keep ‘Little Red Riding Hood' out of schools because of the bottle of wine in her basket. Why not assault weapons?”

I'm reluctant to prog off too long on this one. My blood pressure is not what it used to be. Still, I'll note (aside from the terrible trigger discipline), that these The Children™ are shown with the "banned" items. The ban works well, apparently. Maybe the little girl did not (likely could not) read the "This Is A Little Red Riding Hood Free Zone" sign. I did get a chuckle out of the partially visible "Fiction" sign in the back. Says it all.

Kollektiva.jpg

These pictures of children are interrupting the healing process, if anything it will prevent the chances of lucrative book deals or appearances on CNN, MSNBC and “The View”.The good news is that Mom's Demand Action no doubt will continue to fight on which will help children to grow up healthy and have children of their own so that future generations of progressives will have someone to constantly protect.

Love the fingers on the triggers. Not a clue on the part of the ad makers.

I hate to damage the mental workings of these Moonbats Mummy, but all weapons are "assault" weapons, just as none are. To quote dear leader, let me "clarify". ALL weapons by design, are meant to inflict physical harm, damage or death (gasp 'here'). Secondly, the term "assault weapon" was one made up by other Moonbats (Democrats) to disparage gun weaponry as something evil when it is not -- the evil comes from people or persons involved. Guns do no harm laying around (!!), but only when in the clutches of evil doers. You can try to 'ban' evil doers (good luck with that, btw) -- if you try, please begin your list from the Democrat Party (Conservatives would be a waste of time. They understand how to use guns appropriately to protest their kids.)

Prog Off.png
Comrades,

"ONE CHILD IS HOLDING SOMETHING THATS BANNED IN AMERICA TO PROTECT THEM."

Neither item in any of the 3 images is banned in America; i.e., there is no American ban on the book, the ball, the egg, or the rifle. The text in all 3 images is false. That's 4 errors right there.

Then there's the rifle in the kid's hands. Kids this age are not able to buy firearms legally even though the rifle in question is NOT banned. That makes 5 errors.

The incorrect use of the term "assault" as applied to the semi-auto rifle is #6.

The 7th mistake was mine in bothering to analyze this stupid ad.

Prog On.jpg

Ahh! That's better.

[img]images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img] Here's one of my favorites!

Let's ban CO2 emissions! (To alleviate "Global WarmingClimate Change of course!)

THE FINAL SOLUTION!

According to Obama & Friends: "We will Re-educate or Eliminate 25 Million Resistors"

I just love how environmentalists rail against those who want to see everyone prosper under the "evil" capitalist system.

If we were to take their lead, we would just suffocate ourselves.

Case in point: All humans and other mammals breathe out CO2. This enables their recipients, like plants, to exude H20, which gives life to us all!

I've seen people over the years, taking trips to the Amazon to check out how awful it was that we were cutting down the rain forest. I have also found them to be the most self-righteous jackasses on the planet
This does not mean I wish to see rain forest deprived of their nutrients.

They think, and they tell me so, that just because they went down to the Amazon Rain Forest, they are most knowledgeable on the subject. They themselves, did nothing but visit. Yet, they know everything.

I have yet to meet any human being that wants dirty air or water. Not one!

Yet, those of us who like to breathe H2O, an essential part of living, are vilified and disenfranchised!

So, I'm not sure I've made the argument, but, if the point is that we deprive humans of H2O, so they cannot live, what other agenda is in place.

It's money!

Pami,

Are you OK? You said, "Yet, those of us who like to breathe H2O, an essential part of living, are vilified and disenfranchised!" and I thought you might be trying to drown yourself!

What's wrong with the bottle of wine in Red Riding Hood's basket? Too high in sugar content?

What's wrong is there is no government school lunches present. Their caretakers (gender neutral) probably prepared peanut butter sandwiches, just to taunt the allergic...

I.M. Craptek wrote:Pami,

Are you OK? You said, "Yet, those of us who like to breathe H2O, an essential part of living, are vilified and disenfranchised!" and I thought you might be trying to drown yourself!
Not a chance, dear Crap! Not a chance!It's not me, it's THEM!I will never comply! Never.XXXXX!!!!!

Here's proof of my "Prog Off" rant:

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/21/opinion/sunday/friedman-how-to-put-america-back-together-again.html?partner=rssnyt&emc=rss&_r=0

Ha! There ya go, Comrades! It's m.o.n.e.y!

p.s.: I know you already know this. Thanks for letting me vent.

Commissarka Pinkie wrote:What's wrong with the bottle of wine in Red Riding Hood's basket? Too high in sugar content?

No. I think maybe it's over 18 oz.

Commissarka Pinkie wrote:What's wrong with the bottle of wine in Red Riding Hood's basket? Too high in sugar content?
It's white wine.

I know! Why don't we lift the ban on EVERYTHING the children are holding??? We can't ban everything that we think will hurt kids, anyway. PS it wasn't our people who banned the ball and the book, it was your people. Go away now.

In all pictures the bad guy is white, as s/he should be.

Raum Emmanual Goldstein
I.M. Craptek wrote:
Prog Off.png
Comrades,

"ONE CHILD IS HOLDING SOMETHING THATS BANNED IN AMERICA TO PROTECT THEM."

Neither item in any of the 3 images is banned in America; i.e., there is no American ban on the book, the ball, the egg, or the rifle. The text in all 3 images is false. That's 4 errors right there.

Then there's the rifle in the kid's hands. Kids this age are not able to buy firearms legally even though the rifle in question is NOT banned. That makes 5 errors.

The incorrect use of the term "assault" as applied to the semi-auto rifle is #6.

The 7th mistake was mine in bothering to analyze this stupid ad.

Prog On.jpg

Ahh! That's better.

Very good Kommie Krap... You are quite close....

The Kinder Eggs actually ARE banned from importation into the AMERICA-- sadly....

You are close.... these children are NOT holding an "Assault Rifle" which are capable of fully automatic fire and are already very heavily regulated. Rather, they are holding (assuming they're real) semi-automatic rifles.

There is at least one other key point of sophestry you missed...however.

[img]images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img]They say in pix 1, “We ban the game dodgeball because it's viewed as being too violent. Why not assault weapons?” Actually, real assault weapons are already banned from general purchase.