Prog Triumphs: 1 man 1 vote - OUT & 1 Hispanic 6 Votes - IN

fraud.jpg
Comrades,

Today is good news! Just as Marx "stood Hegel on his head" , the progressive movement has stood "democracy on its' head. We have finally put some teeth into the liberal dogma of "vote early and vote often". Quite frankly, the one man one vote is quite repressive.

In Port Chester NY, the Federal gov't in 2006 decided that the voting system of "One man One vote" was just not progressive enough:

Residents get 6 votes each in suburban NY election:

PORT CHESTER, N.Y. – Arthur Furano voted early — five days before Election Day. And he voted often, flipping the lever six times for his favorite candidate. Furano cast multiple votes on the instructions of a federal judge and the U.S. Department of Justice as part of a new election system crafted to help boost Hispanic representation.

Although the village of about 30,000 residents is nearly half Hispanic, no Latino had ever been elected to any of the six trustee seats, which until now were chosen in a conventional at-large election. Most voters were white, and white candidates always won.
Federal Judge Stephen Robinson said that violated the VotingRightsAct, and he approved a remedy suggested by village officials: a system called cumulative voting, in which residents get six votes each to apportion as they wish among the candidates. He rejected a government proposal to break the village into six districts, including one that took in heavily Hispanic areas.

FairVote said cumulative voting allows a political minority to gain representation if it organizes and focuses its voting strength on specific candidates

But Randolph McLaughlin, who represented a plaintiff in the lawsuit, said the goal was not merely to encourage more Hispanics to vote but "to create a system whereby the Hispanic community would be able to nominate and elect a candidate of their choice."

It all makes sense now! The majority only matters when it is a "minority one."

Yes! I see many possibilities for such interpretations of the law and with a true progressive in the White House, the "sky is the limit"!

Of course this does show why it it is so important to get the illegal immigrants undocumented Americans to vote as soon as possible. After all how many millions times six means many more votes for the progressive cause.

The proletariat should realize that this is only a "temporary solution" like affirmative action.
Once Caucasians and their "bourgeois ways" are the minority, we won't need these laws anymore. After all, the "correct" groups will be in power then.....

This is such a relief to me and my sensibilities. We may no longer need to require the dead to vote in Chicago. Though tomb voting is a highly successful progressive voting strategy, I always felt it disrespectful. Clearly it was not our fault and we were forced into conscripting the dearly departed due to the viciousness and selfishness of the political right.
acorn.jpg

ThePeoplesComrade wrote:This is such a relief to me and my sensibilities. We may no longer need to require the dead to vote in Chicago. Though tomb voting is a highly successful progressive voting strategy, I always felt it disrespectful. Clearly it was not our fault and we were forced into conscripting the dearly departed due to the viciousness and selfishness of the political right.
acorn.jpg

Excellent points comrade!

I do fear however that once such a progressive voting scheme plan is instituted on a national level- what will we do with all the ACORN workers now?

No more dead voting! What shall we do with free weekends, not to mention all that space in the vehicle trunk?

{off} I thought this was funny. Until I read it. Now I'm just scared.

Hurray! Affirmative Action has finally been extended to voting.

Neotrotsky wrote: I do fear however that once such a progressive voting scheme plan is instituted on a national level- what will we do with all the ACORN workers now?
Forgive me for acting like a know-it-all but may I suggest after we nationalize business on a larger scale we will have full employment. Each business should and must have many more employees than are currently being utilized. Current profits are being sucked up by greedy owners who are becoming rich on The People's money.
mcdonalds3.jpg

ThePeoplesComrade wrote:
Neotrotsky wrote: I do fear however that once such a progressive voting scheme plan is instituted on a national level- what will we do with all the ACORN workers now?
Forgive me for acting like a know-it-all but may I suggest after we nationalize business on a larger scale we will have full employment. Each business should and must have many more employees than are currently being utilized.
mcdonalds3.jpg

Comrade, you speak words of wisdom!

Wait I have an idea......

By utilizing the "approach" from voting, we could "even things" out if we had the majority work two jobs and pay taxes so one State sanctioned oppressed group member does not have to work

oh... never mind

most of us are doing that now on a voluntary basis. Still the state could mandate it!
After all, it means nothing unless the state approves it

Neotrotsky wrote: Wait I have an idea......

By utilizing the "approach" from voting, we could "even things" out if we had the majority work two jobs and pay taxes so one State sanctioned oppressed group member does not have to work

oh... never mind

most of us are doing that now on a voluntary basis. Still the state could mandate it!
After all, it means nothing unless the state approves it
I am laughing my most hearty Collective laugh. See how far we have come already. Often we of the enlightened Progressives do not recognize our own advances.

We've got to Nationalize this 6 to 1 ratio before November. Obama willing...... and we won't lose a single seat in Congress.

Neotrotsky wrote:
ThePeoplesComrade wrote:This is such a relief to me and my sensibilities. We may no longer need to require the dead to vote in Chicago. Though tomb voting is a highly successful progressive voting strategy, I always felt it disrespectful. Clearly it was not our fault and we were forced into conscripting the dearly departed due to the viciousness and selfishness of the political right.
acorn.jpg

Excellent points comrade!

I do fear however that once such a progressive voting scheme plan is instituted on a national level- what will we do with all the ACORN workers now?

Excellent points indeedy! However, has Dear Leader not utilized ACORN to secure his righteous victory already? As for what to do with the displaced and oppressed ACORN types.... are they not currently taking 40 minute breaks in Florida at $20 an hour?

JUSTICE!

Grigori E.R. wrote:We've got to Nationalize this 6 to 1 ratio before November. Obama willing...... and we won't lose a single seat in Congress.

Yes very true

I believe we need to go the extra progressive step to even the score- "real proportional voting"

It would be quite simple. Whatever state approved and defined group you are from this week, it shares as part of the population should be equated when it comes to voting

So for example if you had 10 members, one a minority group under the oppressive
rules of one man one vote, his vote is one ten percent of the group as a whole and the rest is worth 90 percent.

We must as Progressives equate these two! There are many options to make the one vote "equate" to all the others e.g. make the minority vote worth 9 or dilute the majority member's vote to 1/9 etc. Oh the choices are many

Yes indeed! We could move forward in our Progressive utopia from "One Man-One vote" to "One Group-One Vote"

Individualism is so last century and contrary to statism

Comrade Peoples Comrade, I must denounce you for apology on "knowing it all", as Progs we "know it all" by default. Do you think reichwingers have our glorious wisdom or smartedness? I think not! Off to Jiffy-Lobo with you!

I do like the ObamACORN works at McD's but isn't this regime administration Mo, going to close them down? Something about all that horid kiddie paraphernalia?

I know! I propose a new system "One identity - one vote."

One person can often have several underrepresented minority identities - e.g., a Black Hispanic Gay Addict has four identities in addition to being simply a human being. Thus, voting only with Blacks would force him to underrepresent his other three identities, resulting in mental anguish and emotional suffering. It would only be fair, therefore, to give such a person 4 additional votes - one for each identity.

As a result, such a man can legally cast five votes in one visit to the polling place. That will make sure that all minorities are properly represented, their dignity preserved, and their civil rights are not trampled upon.

Thus, a white heterosexual woman would get the total of 2 votes. A non-white heterosexual woman - 3 votes. A non-white lesbian woman - 4 votes. A non-white lesbian non-English-speaking woman - 5 votes. A non-white lesbian non-English-speaking Muslim woman - 6 votes, and so on.

Those whose only identity is being human, get only one vote each. Unless they convert to Islam, take up drugs, contract AIDS, accept their latent gayness, or make a sex-change operation. The more identities they accumulate, the more additional votes they will be able to cast.

Imagine a government elected under such a vote-redistribution system!

What a wonderful world it would be!!!

Red Square wrote:I know! I propose a new system "One identity - one vote." etc...

I think you just found a new cause for Pinkie. Oh, oh, oh - and we'll wear different colored wrist bands for each identity. I'll have them going up my arms like some kind of tribal jewelry. Wear your oppressed identity on your sleeve, so to speak.

Democracy Now!

Eureka, Red Square, talk about thinking outside the box. One Identity - One Vote ™ would immediately cure unequal power distributions. One question might be, how does this work after the Revolution. And to answer such a foolish question, voting is not needed AFTER the revolution. The People are in control and rule themselves, under the wise guidance of the Party (until the people are sufficiently enlightened). What should the people do, vote for themselves? Ha, ha, ha, ha, I am still laughing at such foolishness.

ThePeoplesComrade wrote:... And to answer such a foolish question, voting is not needed AFTER the revolution. ... What should the people do, vote for themselves? Ha, ha, ha, ha, I am still laughing at such foolishness.
Indeed, I cannot quote Comrade Bukharin often enough:

Bukharin, after the Bolsheviks took over the power in Russia, wrote:"We asked for freedom of the press, thought, and civil liberties in the past because we were in the opposition and needed these liberties to conquer. Now that we have conquered, there is no longer any need for such civil liberties."

~ Bukharin, 1917

Yes, at times I sense the channeling of our glorious forerunners, much like Comrade Hilary's channeling of Eleanor Roosevelt. Some of The People instinctively know the truth ... it is so clearly right (or left depending on your hemisphere).

All this channeling is making chillies run down... run UP my leg! Now, we must demand channeling entities have the right to vote for dearest Leader.

Margaret said:[highlight=#ffff99]"and we'll wear different colored wrist bands for each identity."[/highlight]

I'm "old school" and was thinking arm bands like the good old days with different color bands for each identity, but.............

Middle School 2010
One of my Great Gran daughters (she's 13) and her friends are wearing these little rubber bands on their wrists. Each one is a different color and each one, when you take it off, assumes the shape of an animal. Seems each one is molded in a different shape and color. This could easily be the model for the new wrist bands. A racist would have to wear one that would turn in to a KKK when removed. Likewise, each identity would assume it's relevant shape.

As good as "one identity - one vote" is, there are additional solutions for added impact.
voter registration.jpg