Rationing to Save the Planet

From The Guardian:

• Meat must be rationed to four portions a week, says report on climate change
  • Study looks at food impact on greenhouse gases
  • Return to old-fashioned cooking habits urged
The Guardian wrote: Juliette Jowit | The Guardian | Tuesday September 30 2008

People will have to be rationed to four modest portions of meat and one litre of milk a week if the world is to avoid run-away climate change, a major new report warns.

The report, by the Food Climate Research Network, based at the University of Surrey, also says total food consumption should be reduced, especially "low nutritional value" treats such as alcohol, sweets and chocolates.

It urges people to return to habits their mothers or grandmothers would have been familiar with: buying locally in-season products, cooking in bulk and in pots with lids or pressure cookers, avoiding waste and walking to the shops - alongside more modern tips such as using the microwave and internet shopping.

The report goes much further than any previous advice after mounting concern about the impact of the livestock industry on greenhouse gases and rising food prices. It follows a four-year study of the impact of food on climate change and is thought to be the most thorough study of its kind.

Full Article: https://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2008/sep/30/food.ethicalliving

Ration now, Comrades, or else the polar bears will drown!

off/
What a crock of shit...I doubt those retards really believe that slop, but they fully expect the proles to...gawd thay r smart, rnt thay??

AHH Rationing, shortages, black market for basic goods, NOW THIS IS PROGRESS! First my own personal bailout for The Greater Good http://tinyurl.com/Ted-State-Bailout and NOW a rationing line! Comrades the Glorious world of next Tuesday is ALMOST here!!!!

I have great news! A major new report by the Idiotic Study Climate Research Panel based at Fork University (Fork U.) warns that the chattering class must be rationed to 4 inane useless reports or studies a year if the world is to avoid runaway climate change.

"Producing stupid useless reports consumes lots of paper and electricity" says Seymour Crapp, lead researcher of the report. "In addition, the people writing these things tend to be mouth-breathers which greatly increases carbon dioxide and methane emissions" he added. "Besides, most of these things don't say anything that hasn't been said before and are thus also a waste of time and money. They could just recycle some old crap, change a few words and put their names on it and no one would be the wiser" he concluded.

The report goes much further than any previous advice after mounting concern about the impact of the stupid report and study industry on greenhouse gases and the rising price of useless politically correct research. It follows a four-year study of the impact of junk science on climate change and is thought to be the most thorough study of its kind.

Comrades,

A recent article abstract posted at ScienceDaily is titled "Ethnic Conflict Stoked By Government Economic Intervention, Not Globalization, Study Finds." Who allows such untruth to be published?

The Guardian is not a science-focused data source, but it's willingness to report scientific truth is unparalleled.

Does... does this mean no more hot pockets?

If anyone needs to brush up on ration card procedures, this previous announcement may be a good refresher course.

Premier Betty wrote:Does... does this mean no more hot pockets?

No No No This means EVERYONE will get a Hot Pocket. With a Card. And waiting in line. Maybe. One day. We will all get the SAME Crappy sawdust Hot Pockets.

Ted State wrote:We will all get the SAME Crappy sawdust Hot Pockets.

But what about beet Hot Pockets? I love beet Hot Pockets.

Yes, but I will be the reason that there will be a Hot Pocket shortage.

...consumption should be reduced, especially ... alcohol....

Surely not including The Party's Tonic?

Comrade “Pul”
Tiglath-Pileser III
Over 2753 Years of Organizing Communities

Comrades, we must use less of those bourgeois hydrocarbons, witness the dire effect that CO2 is having on the most vulnerable members of the proletariat:

Tiglath-Pileser wrote:only sawdust & potato hot pockets, Betty

I could've sworn that's what always what was in Hot Pockets from the beginning

Chairman M. S. Punchenko wrote:From The Guardian:

The Guardian wrote: Meat must be rationed to four portions a week, says report on climate change• Study looks at food impact on greenhouse gases
• Return to old-fashioned cooking habits urged

Juliette Jowit
  • The Guardian,
  • Tuesday September 30 2008

People will have to be rationed to four modest portions of meat and one litre of milk a week if the world is to avoid run-away climate change, a major new report warns.

The report, by the Food Climate Research Network, based at the University of Surrey, also says total food consumption should be reduced, especially "low nutritional value" treats such as alcohol, sweets and chocolates.

It urges people to return to habits their mothers or grandmothers would have been familiar with: buying locally in-season products, cooking in bulk and in pots with lids or pressure cookers, avoiding waste and walking to the shops - alongside more modern tips such as using the microwave and internet shopping.

The report goes much further than any previous advice after mounting concern about the impact of the livestock industry on greenhouse gases and rising food prices. It follows a four-year study of the impact of food on climate change and is thought to be the most thorough study of its kind.

<br>Full Article: http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2 ... icalliving

Ration now, Comrades, or else the polar bears will drown! [/list]

/Off/
This is seriously SO hilarious! First reading it I thought it was something one of here wrote, are they serious about this!? LOL!

/Back On/

Maybe this will be one of Obama's first acts in presidency to force upon enlighten us.

Politilemologist wrote: /Off/
This is seriously SO hilarious! First reading it I thought it was something one of here wrote, are they serious about this!? LOL!

/Back On/

Maybe this will be one of Obama's first acts in presidency to force upon enlighten us.

Yes, they are serious. There are lots of studies that show leftists have no sense of humor.

Mmmm, if it's one of President Obama's first acts, it may end up being one of President Obama's last acts. Not suggesting violence will occur, but the impeachment train will get rolling pretty quickly if his crack-pottery turns out to be at or beneath this level. Remember the old Woody Allen movie "Bananas" where the Castro-esque new leader makes his first speech after taking power and starts babbling inanities like "From now on, all children under 16 years of age are now 16 years of age"? Something like that.

Opiate, I do not think that we have to worry about a decrease in the authority of the Chosen One when he is anointed as president. Nothing will lessen his sheen to our glorious brothers on the left, as long as he promises to raise taxes and control everything.

The results of his actions will never be questioned, as they should not be. For it's the intentions that count, not the results. All Party members repeat after dear Commissar Theocritus. <b>It's the intentions, not the results.</b>

We mean well, in the best left-wing manner and so therefore we are virtuous. If a few hundred million people die in the search for a perfect and just society, then so be it because we were looking for a perfect and just society.

And in getting off on telling people what to do.

Commissar, I agree the Empty One will likely always be a hero to the left. I believe his problem will be the the non-ideological voters, the ones who have come to hope he will restore their 401K or save their houses from foreclosure. Obama has basically promised the store to everyone everywhere in order to win votes. He is like Zero Mostel and Gene Wilder in the Producers, who sold 100% of the play to Mrs. Soccer Mom, 90% to Mr. My House Was Foreclosed, 95% to Mr & Mrs We Need Hope, etc, etc. The problem for him, just as for Zero and Gene, is that if the play is a hit (or Obama wins) the investors can't be paid off. This will be a very bitter tonic when these people find out Obama is not magic or even adequate. Yes, he will always have the over-educated professors and the fading media moguls on his side, but the swing voter does not give a shit about good intentions. We could be on the verge of the worst economic times since the 30s and we may have the worst possible man on the job for them. That is a bad mix. I predict that if Obama becomes the 44th President, his poll ratings will be lower than Bush's within a year. This will likely render him at best irrelevant and at worst, out of office altogether.

Unlike McCain, Obama has never faced any real challenges in his life. He whines when he gets tough questions from reporters, what's he going to do when he comes up against the likes of Putin? Probably fold up like an investment bank full of subprime mortgages. The media and the DNC have done the country a terrible disservice by pushing this non-entity into office. His administration will make the loathesome Jimmy Carter's look good in comparison.