Annual Sailing Vessel Inspection not Affected by Egypt Coup

kerry-gone-sailing.jpg

After the emergence of photographs showing Secretary of State John Kerry on his 76-foot yacht “Isabel” on Nantucket Sound on Thursday, the State Department issued a statement on Friday morning, as to why he was on his sailing yacht Wednesday, the day the Egyptian military staged a coup against democratically-elected Egyptian President Mohamed Morsy.

The statement outlined that Kerry had already preplanned to personally conduct a full inspection of the "Isabel" on Wednesday from stem to stern and to also update the wines served aboard but assured the public that he was in constant phone communication during the entire crises.

The statement said in part:

“Secretary Kerry was inspecting his yacht and dealing with the crisis in Egypt at the same time. He was on the phone with Norwegian Foreign Minister Eade, Qatari Foreign Minister al-Attiyah, Turkish Foreign Minister Davutoglu, Egyptian Constitution Party President ElBaradei Emirati Foreign Minister bin Zayed, Prime Minister Netanyahu and Egyptian Foreign Minister Amr, all who offered him excellent suggestions as to which wines he should use to restock his yacht with.”

JohnKerryKayak.jpg
I have it on good authority that all the usual attendees to the situation room were meeting clandestinely in kayaks - the yacht was just a ruse.

ObamaKayak.jpg

Oh for Stalins' sake, Snoogie!

He just be haven' some fun! What's the harm?

Anything he does personally does not affect him personally! Er, I meant publicly. (Silly me.)