Shocking video: Ukrainian police torment arrested activist

Image NOTE: These are the actions of the old pro-Kremlin government that was later toppled by the Maidan protesters.

In a shocking video released today on the Internet, special government police force "Berkut" beat up and humiliate an arrested activist on Grushevsky Street in Ukraine's capital, Kiev. The man, wearing a "Ukrainian cossack" haircut, is severely beaten with bruises and lacerations all over his naked body. The police have stripped him to his socks in 25 degrees F weather, scream insults, and force him to hold a small shovel as they take pictures.

Other videos of clashes and police brutality against the pro-European protesters are circulating the Internet.

My more detailed report was published tonight in PJ Media, will post it on the Cube soon...

PJ_Media.jpg

BREAKING: Shocking Police Brutality in Ukraine; Riots Spreading to Major Cities

This is obviously an Occupy Wall Street protester who thought it was time to Occupy Grushevsky Street in Ukraine capital.

I suspect he may have defecated on Soviet police car without blowing rape whistle.

Strong Communism defeats weak Occupyism.

Maybe New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio could get some pointers on how to handle teabagger protests from watching this video. Better yet, he might scare the reactionaries off the streets entirely by mandating TV stations carry it daily as a PSA! I think I'll give him a call.

My more detailed report was published tonight in PJ Media, will post it on the Cube soon...

Harrumph.[!] The man is clearly wearing socks as he stumbles prances onto the bus. This was either obviously staged to incite duh masses, or someone is getting soft and needs a little re-education.

[img]/images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img]
From what I have been hearing from friends, the government is on the verge of shutting down internet access to Kiev residents in an effort to quell the spread of protest from Kiev to other parts of the country. Very troubling to me.

from a freind in Kiev 01/23/14..."I have just been told that the Government may cut off the Internet on the whole territory of Ukraine because they are afraid that the revolution will spread from Kiev to all parts of Ukraine….. Did you hear they started to kidnap people who are active on the Maydan, take them out of town and beat and torment them there. 3 people were killed on the Maydan and 3 people died after the police's tormenting them. Also, there are rumors that airports in Ukraine may not function either…. No one knows it it's true or not, we will see.

"we are at the airport of Borispol (Kiev) now. Our plane is at 10-15 AM. Thanks Goodness, Internet is not blocked yet. The news here in Ukraine indicates that Civil War is very likely. Generally when this happens the banks stop cash withdrawls, the public utilities fail, airports close, but everything is OK up to now, so I am taking this opportunity to send you message from the airport. We are to arrive in Panaji (Goa) tomorrow at 4 AM by their local time. We do not feel safe."...

I'd probably postpone the trip to Kiev if I were you, unless you're looking for adrenaline rush adventures.

Both Ukrainian and Russian governments actively promote the perception that the protests are organized, instigated, and financed from abroad - mostly from Europe and America. So being an American puts you under suspicion right away. I'm not saying you'll face a Die Hard scenario, but being more like Bruce Willis's character might help.

In quieter times, I have a good buddy from college days who still lives in Kiev. He speaks some English and could be probably fun to hang out with.

Right now he emails me that his other friend, who lives in downtown Kiev, is afraid to go outside because the police can take him for one of the protesters and then he'd be in real trouble. In contrast, my friend lives in one of the new high-rises on the edge of the city and he only learns about the developments from TV and the Internet like the rest of us.

Red Square wrote: In quieter times, I have a good buddy from college days who still lives in Kiev. He speaks some English and could be probably fun to hang out with.
Maybe he would be open to a couple emails from a pinniped in the next week or so? Another person to speak with would come in handy while there!
FORWARD

[img]images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img]When I had my Dnepr a few years ago I bought several parts for it from a lady named Alenka in Ukraine. A very nice lady who seemed like she would be a spitfire. I sure hope she and her daughter are safe.

Capt. Commie wrote:[img]images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img]When I had my Dnepr a few years ago I bought several parts for it from a lady named Alenka in Ukraine.
They name all products Dnepr there. What did you own, a tape recorder, a washing machine, or a motorcycle?

Dnepr is the name of a major river, on which I also grew up. Besides, it's the Russian spelling. The Ukrainian word is Dnipro, and the English is Dnieper.

M84
Image My church in my hometown is Ukrainian Catholic, (Ukrainian-Greek Catholic, technically, but that's another story,) and reports in the newspaper for the Chicago Eparchy has made me wary of the Ukraine's government for years. I remember reading a few years ago about seminarians getting in trouble for protesting and threats being made against the rector. Seems like such small potatoes now...

Whether the Ukraine "sides with" the EU or Russia, seems the people are going to lose =-\

Red Square wrote:
Capt. Commie wrote:[img]images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img]When I had my Dnepr a few years ago I bought several parts for it from a lady named Alenka in Ukraine.
They name all products Dnepr there. What did you own, a tape recorder, a washing machine, or a motorcycle?

Dnepr is the name of a major river, on which I also grew up. Besides, it's the Russian spelling. The Ukrainian word is Dnipro, and the English is Dnieper.
I had a sidecar rig. I sold it to a local kid who was into WWII re-enactment. He plays a Red Army soldier. I bought a Ural sidecar rig after that. I'm a glutton for buying things that constantly need repair.

Oh, so it was a washing machine with one wheel...

Red Square wrote:Both Ukrainian and Russian governments actively promote the perception that the protests are organized, instigated, and financed from a broad....

Sarah Silverman, probably.

The Ukrainian protesters are having their humorous journal on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Shitonosec?fref=ts

In some ways, its content reminds me of the People's Cube, especially the fake headline section.

Unfortunately, most of it will be lost in translation without the knowledge of the cultural context. But this one is probably universal:

Ukraine_Maidan_Star_Wars.jpg

It all makes one glad to live in a peaceful country like our glorious USSA, where the government has everything under control and where there no secrets, due to the patriotic and undying efforts of our NSA, does it not?

Plus, with the police departments all over our country being given surplus military gear, like armored personnel carriers and small arms, plus the building of a civilian security force just as powerful, just as strong, and just as well funded as the military - our glorious Department of Homeland Security - we know that the peace is in no danger of ever being broken.

FORWARD! comrades - and be glad that these disturbing visions of violence from other parts of the world will never be seen here!

Rock,

You sure have a firm grasp on conceptualizing our police state peaceful and completely free and just society. I think it was Comrade Anyer Marx who may have been slightly concerned at one point of being audited, beaten, mildly browbeat , then imprisoned asked to go on a vacation.....what a jokester he is.

FORWARD

Red Square wrote:Oh, so it was a washing machine with one wheel...

Well, actually three wheels. Four if you count the spare on the trunk.

R.O.C.K. in the USSA wrote:Plus, with the police departments all over our country being given surplus military gear, like armored personnel carriers and small arms, plus the building of a civilian security force just as powerful, just as strong, and just as well funded as the military - our glorious Department of Homeland Security - we know that the peace is in no danger of ever being broken.

Comrade R.O.C.K., I think it's safe to say that MOST police departments will be using the surplus gear they are given to combat that civilian security force if/when it comes to that. I sincerely hope and change pray it doesn't come to that.

https://oathkeepers.org/oath/

Rioting in the streets, police brutality, public nudity, all noteworthy; but will Justin Bieber go to rehab with Lindsey Lohan? The People have a right to be told what is important...

Capt. Commie wrote:Comrade R.O.C.K., I think it's safe to say that MOST police departments will be using the surplus gear they are given to combat that civilian security force if/when it comes to that. I sincerely hope and change pray it doesn't come to that.

https://oathkeepers.org/oath/
I severely hope you are right left correct, comrade.