TEARS FOR TED

TEDDY'S DEAD?!!

images.jpg

What will we progressives do now? How will we carry on without our TEDDY?! He was such a shining example of good works and humility. There isn't anyone in Washington...no,the world....who can possibly fill his shoes.

I can't write any more...the tears are streaming down my face.

Progg off: Except for the word progressive,this was an actual post on a liberal blog.

<off>
Fuck his ass raw. Mary Jo was probably at Jesus right hand this morning...watching his sentence to a much warmer climate than the one he left behind. I hope he believed his own propaganda and did not repent. Un-Christian thought crime? Maybe, but hell happens to swine like him.

P.S. Where is comrade One Ping Only? Surely he has found "Oldmobile" today!

Lenin 'n' Things wrote: Progg off: Except for the word progressive,this was an actual post on a liberal blog.

Out of curiosity, what word did they use? It couldn't have been "idiots" although that would have probably been the most apropriate one.

Damn, I wish he saw health care pass. I know we have to fill his shoes, but I don't think anyone has big enough feet.

Image The above comment was also on prog site. Apparently Teddy's big feet weren't big enough to sink him to the bottom of that murky water off the bridge at Chappaquiddick.

Brain cancer, my ass. That's probably for the knuckle-draggers to suck up. I'll bet he died of liver problems. Either that, or there was too much blood in his alcohol stream.

Comment on Twitter, JTLOL...

good one...

“If they're going to talk about Camelot, then we get to talk about The Lady in the Lake.”

Opiate of the People wrote:
Lenin 'n' Things wrote: Progg off: Except for the word progressive,this was an actual post on a liberal blog.

Out of curiosity, what word did they use? It couldn't have been "idiots" although that would have probably been the most apropriate one.

It was: What will we sycophantic,murderer-loving morons do now?

Naw....that's just what went through MY mind when I read it. It read just as I posted it,without the word progressives.

Leninka wrote:Damn, I wish he saw health care pass. I know we have to fill his shoes, but I don't think anyone has big enough feet.

Image The above comment was also on prog site. Apparently Teddy's big feet weren't big enough to sink him to the bottom of that murky water off the bridge at Chappaquiddick.

I saw alot of those types of posts too...my favorite: something about it being a SIN of the highest magnitude(on the part of the Repubs,the un-washed masses etc...) that they kept him from seeing health care reformed. It WAS a MORTAL SIN!! Poor Teddy...if he only could have held on for a couple more months,he would have been able to help them shove it through. He,and all of his fellow travelers, know what is best for us. Those rubes who are trying to prevent gov.-run healthcare just don't have a clue.

Room 101 wrote:Comment on Twitter, JTLOL...

good one...

“If they're going to talk about Camelot, then we get to talk about The Lady in the Lake.”

Perfect. LOL

My husband groaned this morning about having to listen to them talk about "Fucking Camelot" endlessly for weeks to come.

In other news, distilleries around the world are flying the flags at half mast at their corporate HQ's today. The CEO of Chivas Regal is wondering if they will have to close shop. "Senator Kennedy will be sorely missed by all, but 2 hours after we heard the news, we had to lay off 10% of our employees. The man could drink like a fish!" Mary Jo Kopechne would not return our phone calls.

I will not dance on his grave.

But HE WAS Irish, wasn't he? The Irish hold WAKES, don't they? And they play MUSIC at these wakes, don't they? In that case, may I suggest a tune to lighten the mood a little for the heartiest partyer of them all: my take-off on the Doobies' 'Black Water':

http://www.thepeoplescube.com/red/viewtopic.php?t=1959

Lenin 'n' Things wrote: My husband groaned this morning about having to listen to them talk about "Fucking Camelot" endlessly for weeks to come.

Same here, LnT. You'd think I was making him sit through Terms of Endearment instead of the evening newscast. "Do we HAVE to watch this?"

"Yes, dear. It's a nice change of pace from Michael Jackson, and you'll find it's good for your regularity."

They spend the first ten minutes going on about the death itself and his bio in general. Then a commericial break and more Teddy, this time centering on the tragedies that have long stalked the Kennedy clan.

"#%^&*$! Didn't they just SHOW this before the commercial?"

"Of him at Bobby's funeral? Yes, dear, but it's a different camera angle this time. Just hang in there. Around ten to seven, Charlie will say, 'Coming up--the rest of the day's news.' Trust me--he did it with Jacko every night for two weeks."

More groaning and muttering and cursing. "Oh God . . . who cares? . . . God . . . think I'm gonna puke . . . who cares . . . oh please . . . what a bunch of crap . . . DO YOU THINK THEY'D DO THIS IF HE WERE A REPUBLICAN?"

One thing I noticed amid the spousal unit's constant grumbling: I think it was ABC's David Muir rattling off Ted's life story--this is hard to describe, but he kept referring to "the Senator"--"The Senator this", "The Senator that", the way one would refer to the Pope or the Queen, without adding a proper personal name because at least in the case of the latter two, it's not needed. There's only one Pope, and while there are several reigning queens at present, usually when you hear "the Queen" one thinks of the Queen of England. But I felt he was using "The Senator" in much the same way, as if there's only one senator--or only one who's ever mattered. Words mean things, and sometimes how they're used can mean certain things, too.

Or something. I don't know if I'm making sense here.

Stalin for Time wrote: Either that, or there was too much blood in his alcohol stream.

LOL! I guess they're flying the flag at half-mast today at the Chivas Regal distillery. To steal a line from Monty Python, Teddy and Great Britain were two of their best customers.

My uncle sent me this... An antidote to the lachrymose babble that will be pouring forth from the MSM Crap Machine.

Subject: Facts"----about "Ted Kennedy"............... not such a " great man" as the Media would lead us to believe...

''Facts"----about "Ted Kennedy"...............

As soon as cancer was detected, I noticed the immediate attempt at the canonization of old Teddy Kennedy by the mainstream media. They are saying what a "great American" he is. I say, let's get a couple things clear & not twist the facts to change the real history.

1. He was caught cheating at Harvard when he attended it. He was expelled twice, once for cheating on a test, and once for paying a classmate to cheat for him.

2. While expelled, Kennedy enlisted in the Army, but mistakenly signed up for four years instead of two. Oops! The man can't count to four! His father, Joseph P. Kennedy, former U.S. Ambassador to England (a step up from bootlegging liquor into the US from Canada during prohibition), pulled the necessary strings to have his enlistment shortened to two years, and to ensure that he served in Europe, not Korea, where a war was raging. No preferential treatment for him, eh? (Like he charged that President Bush received).

3. Kennedy was assigned to Paris, never advanced beyond the rank of Private, and returned to Harvard upon being discharged. Imagine a person of his "education" NEVER advancing past the rank of Private!

4. While attending law school at the University of Virginia, he was cited for reckless driving four times, including once when he was clocked driving 90 miles per hour in a residential neighborhood with his headlights off after dark! Yet his Virginia driver's license was never revoked. Coincidentally, he passed the bar exam in 1959. Amazing!

5. In 1964, he was seriously injured in a plane crash, and hospitalized for several months. Test results done by the hospital at the time he was admitted had shown he was legally intoxicated. The results of those tests remained a "state secret" until in the 1980's when the report was unsealed. Didn't hear about that from the unbiased media, did we?

6. On July 19, 1969, Kennedy attended a party on Chappaquiddick Island in Massachusetts . At about 11:00 PM, he borrowed his chauffeur's keys to his Oldsmobile limousine, and offered to give a ride home to Mary Jo Kopechne, a campaign worker. Leaving the island via an unlit bridge with no guard rail, Kennedy steered the car off the bridge and flipped into Poucha Pond. He left Mary Jo Kopechne INSIDE THE CAR to fend for herself and she drowned trying to get out!

He swam to shore and walked back to the party, passing several houses and a fire station. Two friends then returned with him to the scene of the accident. According to their later testimony, they=2 0told him what he already knew - that he was required by law to immediately report the accident to the authorities. Instead, Kennedy made his way to his hotel, called his lawyer, and went to sleep! Kennedy called the police the next morning and by then the wreck had already been discovered. Before dying, Kopechne had scratched at the upholstered floor above her head in the upside-down car!
The Kennedy family began "calling in favors", ensuring that any inquiry would be contained. Her corpse was whisked out-of-state to her family, before an autopsy could be conducted!
Further details are uncertain, but after the accident Kennedy "says" he repeatedly dove under the water trying to rescue Kopechne and he didn't call police because he was in a state of shock. It is widely assumed Kennedy was drunk, and he held off calling police in hopes that his family could fix the problem overnight.
Since the accident, Kennedy's "political enemies" have referred to him as the distinguished Senator from Chappaquiddick. On a "plea bargain", he pled guilty to leaving the scene of an accident, and was given a SUSPENDED SENTENCE OF TWO MONTHS.
Kopechne's family received a small payout from the Kennedy's insurance policy,20and never sued. There was later an effort to have her body exhumed and autopsied, but her family successfully fought against this in court, and Kennedy's family paid their attorney's bills... a "token of friendship"?
7. Kennedy has held his Senate seat for more than forty years, but considering his longevity, his accomplishments are scant. He authored or argued for legislation that ensured a variety of civil rights, increased the minimum wage in 1981, made access to health care easier for the indigent, and funded Meals on Wheels for fixed-income seniors and is widely known as the "standard-bearer for liberalism". In his very first Senate role, he was the floor manager for the bill that turned U.S. immigration policy upside down and opened the floodgate for immigrants from third world countries!

8. Since that time, he has been the prime instigator and author of every expansion of an increase in immigration, up to and including the latest attempt to grant amnesty to illegal aliens! Not to mention the pious grilling he gave the last two Supreme Court nominees, as if he were the standard bearer for the nation in matters of what's right! What a pompous ass!

9. He is known around Washington as a public drunk; loud, boisterous and very disrespectful to ladies. JERK is a better description than "great American". "A blonde in every pond" is his motto.

Let's not allow the spin doctors to make this jerk a hero -- how quickly the American public forgets what his real legacy is. Lets keep this going for truth, justice and the American way!

Commissarka Pinkie wrote:
Lenin 'n' Things wrote: My husband groaned this morning about having to listen to them talk about "Fucking Camelot" endlessly for weeks to come.

Same here, LnT. You'd think I was making him sit through Terms of Endearment instead of the evening newscast. "Do we HAVE to watch this?"

"Yes, dear. It's a nice change of pace from Michael Jackson, and you'll find it's good for your regularity."

They spend the first ten minutes going on about the death itself and his bio in general. Then a commericial break and more Teddy, this time centering on the tragedies that have long stalked the Kennedy clan.

"#%^&*$! Didn't they just SHOW this before the commercial?"

"Of him at Bobby's funeral? Yes, dear, but it's a different camera angle this time. Just hang in there. Around ten to seven, Charlie will say, 'Coming up--the rest of the day's news.' Trust me--he did it with Jacko every night for two weeks."

More groaning and muttering and cursing. "Oh God . . . who cares? . . . God . . . think I'm gonna puke . . . who cares . . . oh please . . . what a bunch of crap . . . DO YOU THINK THEY'D DO THIS IF HE WERE A REPUBLICAN?"

One thing I noticed amid the spousal unit's constant grumbling: I think it was ABC's David Muir rattling off Ted's life story--this is hard to describe, but he kept referring to "the Senator"--"The Senator this", "The Senator that", the way one would refer to the Pope or the Queen, without adding a proper personal name because at least in the case of the latter two, it's not needed. There's only one Pope, and while there are several reigning queens at present, usually when you hear "the Queen" one thinks of the Queen of England. But I felt he was using "The Senator" in much the same way, as if there's only one senator--or only one who's ever mattered. Words mean things, and sometimes how they're used can mean certain things, too.

Or something. I don't know if I'm making sense here.

Comrade Pinkie,

I think you captured the scenario of what went on today in millions of households. Except, in ours, there was intermittent yelling: "that sob insidiously took away more and more of our freedom," "the only difference between him and some Nazi is that he got away with his commie fascism for a lot longer, the fat pig!, "he was a commie, dammit, don't people understand what this means!" And so it went.

Pinkie...my hubby refused to watch any news this evening. He said it was giving him a splitting headache. Poor dear. He is praying that no other degenerates die in the next few weeks.

My Dearest Comrades,

I have been (*sob, sob, BWAHHHHH!*) crying now for 48 hours... it's horrible, absolutely horrible... my heart, my heart, is sinking into an oblivion of despair.... (*sob, sob, BWAHHHHH!*)...

Please comrades, please..... MY CAMELOT!!!! MY CAMELOT!!!! TEDDY DIED!!! WHY!!! WHY!!! WHY!!!..(*sob, sob, BWAHHHHH!*).... please be gentle comrades, I am a fragile flower of despair in the wake of our Dear Teddy's passing....

(*sob, sob, BWAHHHHH!)

Oh My Teddy, Oh My Heart,

Red Rooster

Now, now, Comrade Red Rooster,

There is another Camelot, don't you know? There's Comrade Zero Hussein and his Princess Michelle, and the two little princesses, and all the King's men. And I'm sure it won't be long before a funny, ha ha, clever CD comes out of life at the White House.

Here's a little trip down memory lane. It's an album we all loved and listened to back in the Kennedy Camelot days.