My Favorite Progressive Talking Point in Jeopardy

IraqWarChart.jpg
[/url]

Comrades,

I heard a very well versed progressive woman say this very thing to Comrade Red Square in a Houston book store.

"If it weren't for the Iraq War, we would have enough money for health care and other programs and there would be no deficit."

For years, we had it as a solid gold talking point. In my opinion, it was our number one talking point, but now, I'm sad and concerned--we progressives are always sad and concerned, don't you know?

Only now, I came across this very disturbing chart showing the war spending in comparison to all other spending. What! I said. This cannot be. No! No! No! The war spending in this chart appears miniscule. What will we do if the masses get a look at this chart? Keep it to yourself, and don't e-mail this post to anyone.

Oh Leninka, I'm sorry to hear this. First you lost your kitty kat to frostbite and now your favorite talking point.

Tomorrow I'm going to start collecting OPM to start a fund to raise awareness about the heartbreak you've suffered.

Thank you for your sympathy, Comrade Whoopie. I'm afraid we're going to have to come up with a whole new set of talking points.

Comrade Leninka, in order to expose the ignominy of the chart's creator, I wonder if you could please give a source of its origin?

Thank you muchly!

Comrade Eujennya,

It came in an email a long time ago, but I was still able to find a link:

https://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/be ... e-iraq-war

Comrade Whoopie wrote:Oh Leninka, I'm sorry to hear this. First you lost your kitty kat to frostbite and now your favorite talking point.

Tomorrow I'm going to start collecting OPM to start a fund to raise awareness about the heartbreak you've suffered.

I have 2 spare kitty cats. They were really cute as kittens but now they are pissing on everything in the house. A few nights ago, they decided to use the potato box instead of the litter box.

I can ship them to you in a box, or if they get out on the highway, I can ship them flat rate.

Leninka wrote:I was still able to find a link: https://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/be ... e-iraq-war
Washington Examiner wrote:* During Bush's Iraq years, 2003-2008, the federal government spent more on education that it did on the Iraq War. (State and local governments spent about ten times more.)
Does this mean we would have had money for education if we didn't spend it on... education?

Our dear Leninka, I have most successful corrected your problem.

chart.jpg
*please, there is no need to thank me. You may decide to send me a small donation, to my favorite charity (to be designated at a future time. Check, money orders or paypal is accepted).

Leninka, do not worry. The purpose of a talking point is for talking. The average person does not worry about the truth or falsity of a talking point, they simply assume it is true. The reason for this is that most people are not liars and thus they expect that others are not (i.e. they expect others are like them.) Hence, they do not expect anyone, even a stranger, to say something they know not to be true. This is why con games work so well; if you are a honest person, you tend to trust that the well-dressed person telling you about the oil wells he plans to drill next to the Washington Monument is also honest.

So feel free to continue to use Party Talking Points ™ charts and facts be damned! The other day, I told someone whose home had just been foreclosed upon that the reason he lost his job was that GW Bush made a deal with China to force American factories to move there in return for them letting his family keep all the oil the US stole from Iraq. Is this true? Probably not, but who cares? It made him feel a lot better that his problems are not his fault and it will gain us lots of votes in future elections as he repeats it to all his friends and neighbors who may be having similar problems.

Remember, it's not what's true that counts, it's what people think is true! Enjoy.

Prog Off

The other point to make here is that one of the few things we really want the federal government to do is to go kick a$$ on our enemies. So why is the Iraq war always shown as "extra" spending. It should be considered core spending of what the federal government is supposed to do. It's all the extraneous, liberal spending that should be in red.

Comrade Che Nuevo,

Wow, that's a head jerker--yes, the truth always is astounding.

Comrade Opiate,

My problem is with memorization. I do so envy people who can memorize and recite one talking point after another. For me, I must repeat the same one over and over again before I can korrectly spout it as this woman did to Red Square. I was so impressed.

Fraulein,

I take it that no one but me could see the chart. Thank you. It reminds me of a time I came out of a bathroom stall with my dress accidentally tucked into my pantyhose, and a kind young woman told me before I got out of the ladies room.

Comrade Red Square,

Thank you for attaching the link. I take it that was you, oh ruler of all posts. Yes, just think of all the money we would save if we hadn't spent it on education.

Comrade Scratchanitch,

Thank you for your generous offer to share your kitties. Would you be able to send the kitty by UPS ground? I want to make sure that she travels with a union worker, and not that overnight FedEx non-union evil capitalist corporation. Of course, there is a better chance that the kitty might still be alive when she gets here, but on the other hand, it will make me feel better that I supported a union.

Leninka wrote:......

Fraulein,

I take it that no one but me could see the chart. Thank you. It reminds me of a time I came out of a bathroom stall with my dress accidentally tucked into my pantyhose, and a kind young woman told me before I got out of the ladies room.

ah yes, I think this has happened to all the ladies in one fashion or another. Why, I remembering getting my panty hosiery caught in a gentleman's shirt and almost tripping as I exiting the Ladies Toiletry. As I say, these things happen to all.
I hope the newly revised chart will be of assistance and relief. Revision is our middle name, is it not?

Follow the glorious example of the DPRK and budget accordingly:

1. Dear Leader: 50%
2. Dear Leader's Military: 50%
3. The people: Whatever I throw to them that my dog does not eat

Leninka, fear not! Look at the spending in 2007, if you constantly use the line "In 2007, we spent more on the war then on anything else", not only would you be correct, but you'd silence any opposition! You'd just have to hide the other years.

Kim_Jung_Il'n wrote:Follow the glorious example of the DPRK and budget accordingly:

1. Dear Leader: 50%
2. Dear Leader's Military: 50%
3. The people: Whatever I throw to them that my dog does not eat
I would have to disagree on this level. Dear Leader should receive closer to 70% and the evil, killing military peoples .5%. We can agree that they have killed to many Mooslimic freedom fighters already, can we not?

Leninka wrote:
Comrade Opiate,

My problem is with memorization. I do so envy people who can memorize and recite one talking point after another. For me, I must repeat the same one over and over again before I can korrectly spout it as this woman did to Red Square. I was so impressed.

She probably was a trained professional journalist. You cannot hope to sink reach her level without years of extensive brain-washing training.

Opiate of the People wrote:
Leninka wrote:
Comrade Opiate,

She probably was a trained professional journalist. You cannot hope to sink reach her level without years of extensive brain-washing training.
And you yourself, most loyal Comrade Opiate, are well on the way with your television. What better way to wash the brain, I ask?

Comrade Kim_Jung_Il'n,

If only Dear Leader had a military as loyal as yours. Just think where we would be now?

Comrades Frau and Opiate,

I like having a clean brain, and with each Jiffi Lobo it gets even cleaner, only now, I could use a little dirt on Comrade Elliot.

Comrade Elliot,

That is an excellent point. We'll always have 2007. Now if I can only repeat that enough times to commit it to memory. However, this still indicates that your thinking cap in still intact. Either you need a new Jiffi-Lobo immediately, or you ought to be promoted.

Leninka, I thinking Elliott has enough dirty already but is pleased you are thinking of him. I say this only in assessing his bulging protruding eyes and considering that is do to dirt collection. But I could have a faulty assessment.

Leninka and The Frau,
Those eyes are designed to be put into my hypnotic TV messages, something like this.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Waxonator# ... xiuNlqe_mU
Naah, the dirt comes from my feet. Let's just say the stuff I have to tread though ain't exactly clean.

Leninka,
Being as equal as all, I'll take that promotion! I now await the show trial and my inevitable execution for thoughtcrimes.

Thinking itself is a crime, here, Comrade Elliott, as you know, but for now, we'll guard your secret.