War veteran dog gets shot; no Cecil-like outcry follows

Dog_Hero_Major_Mike.jpg
POWELL, WY - Today we hear about a death of a war hero named Major Mike. Mike was a dog.

Hero Bronze Star combat dog who suffered from PTSD is shot and killed by bicyclist in Wyoming who felt he was being threatened

We all care about animals, but for some reason the public outcry is not as big as that following the killing of Cecil the Lion, and this brings me to tears.

The defenseless dog had no weapons to protect himself against the attacker's handgun. It was a planned, calculated, cold-blooded murder. The biker knew where Mike lived, taking a common route that passed the area. Not one saw how the death happened, but the coroner said Mike was shot to the heart.

Mike left a loved one and a family. They would like a contribution for the funeral.

[OFF]

I normally don't like dogs, but for this I'll make an exception. To shoot a service dog, especially one whose harness is clearly marked "SERVICE", is cruel and cold. The fact that this was a serviceman's dog just adds to how despicable the shooting was. And if the bike rider felt threatened, the first thing they'd probably do is ask the serviceman to get Mike a little bit further away, and if he wasn't as far away as they'd like, the bike rider would probably just go on a different path or simply speed up to get away.

I agree that Mike should get a military funeral. And the bike rider should be bright to trial; the circumstances surrounding the shooting point to criminal intent, not self-defense.

Image OMG! I don't know the circumstances of this shooting but, I do know our government has left behind many of these dogs, who served valiantly at the orders of their masters, because it was "too expensive" to bring them home.

Please explain to me what a guy riding a bike is doing with a holstered gun in the first place. Imagine the recoil from such a shot while sitting or riding on a friggin bike.

This stinks. Oh and, yeah, I do love dogs.

Pamalinsky wrote:Image OMG! I don't know the circumstances of this shooting but, I do know our government has left behind many of these dogs, who served valiantly at the orders of their masters, because it was "too expensive" to bring them home.

Please explain to me what a guy riding a bike is doing with a holstered gun in the first place. Imagine the recoil from such a shot while sitting or riding on a friggin bike.

This stinks. Oh and, yeah, I do love dogs.

Pamalinsky, I denounce you. Obviously the Komrade is exercising his Concealed Carry permit which deserves to be taken away but hasn't yet due to other, more revolutionary things that are to be done. As for the second amendment, well, it's part of the State Constitution and the State is supreme. Plus, it gives me the change to give thoughtkriminals what's coming to them!

[OFF]

Usually your wrist takes most of the recoil from a pistol. Ever see how pistols jerk up whenever you see somebody fire one? If the guy was using a rifle it would've been a different story. But the guy must've been a great bike rider and an ever greater marksman if he managed to sight the dog while balancing and steering. Just get on a bike and hold a 1 or 2 pound weight very steady in front of you with an outstretched arm. I couldn't do it.

This is par for the course, comrades. Whenever my goons enter a residence for purposes of black-bagging the occupants for transport onward to Siberia, they're instructed to shoot any dogs they see. These regressive thought criminals are more attached to their dogs than the state, so shooting their dogs not only breaks this tie, but also makes them resist less their trip to Platform 6.

https://www.wnd.com/2014/07/police-take ... 8-minutes/

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:Was Mike a Rethuglikkkan?

Old war veteran, maybe.... Now he is baptised a Democrat after death so he will vote Democrat.

Hammer and Loupe wrote:

Old war veteran, maybe.... Now he is baptised a Democrat after death so he will vote Democrat.

And here's how we will baptise him out of the RethugliKKKan pagan horde and get him into the Holy Soviet Demokratic Church

(skip to 1:03)

[OFF]

Considering how conniving Dems are, they'd probably warp the life story of somebody to make them seem democratic.

And sorry about Maher; he's like most political people I've watched in that I agree with him on some things and disagree on others. In this video he's making fun of the Mormon religion baptising Mitt Romney's dad after death even though Mitt's dad left Mormonism and didn't want to have anything to do with it.

Comrade Stierlitz wrote:
Hammer and Loupe wrote:

And here's how we will baptise him out of the RethugliKKKan pagan horde and get him into the Holy Soviet Demokratic Church

(skip to 1:03)

[OFF]

Considering how conniving Dems are, they'd probably warp the life story of somebody to make them seem democratic.

And sorry about Maher; he's like most political people I've watched in that I agree with him on some things and disagree on others. In this video he's making fun of the Mormon religion baptising Mitt Romney's dad after death even though Mitt's dad left Mormonism and didn't want to have anything to do with it.

I did some research on this, Comrade Stierlitz, and found that it actually was his Father in Law that disengaged from Mormonism, not his dad or grandfather or whatever. I'm not sure that's true either, since I don't trust much from the internet.

Truth is, I don't care which one it is, nor do I care one whit about what Bill Maher thinks or says. He says what will get him ratings. That is his “criteria” for topic choices. Ann Coulter claims he is a good friend of hers. Maybe she just understands his “schtick.” Just like she has hers.

I don't know and I don't care.

What I do know is my own experience with Mormons in my life. They are decent, clean-living, kind people who stick together, support one another, and others. I've not met a Mormon I do not like, well, except for Harry Reid, who, in my opinion, used his fellow Mormons to gain power. I've met Mormons who are embarrassed by Harry Reid.

I do not trust Mitt Romney. My heart sank when he folded in the second debate with Oleander. I knew then, the fix was in.

Now, I'm just in it for the money! (Just kidding!)

Pamalinsky wrote: I did some research on this, Comrade Stierlitz, and found that it actually was his Father in Law that disengaged from Mormonism, not his dad or grandfather or whatever. I'm not sure that's true either, since I don't trust much from the internet.

Truth is, I don't care which one it is, nor do I care one whit about what Bill Maher thinks or says. He says what will get him ratings. That is his “criteria” for topic choices. Ann Coulter claims he is a good friend of hers. Maybe she just understands his “schtick.” Just like she has hers.

I don't know and I don't care.

What I do know is my own experience with Mormons in my life. They are decent, clean-living, kind people who stick together, support one another, and others. I've not met a Mormon I do not like, well, except for Harry Reid, who, in my opinion, used his fellow Mormons to gain power. I've met Mormons who are embarrassed by Harry Reid.

I do not trust Mitt Romney. My heart sank when he folded in the second debate with Oleander. I knew then, the fix was in.

Now, I'm just in it for the money! (Just kidding!)

Pammy, EVERYBODY on TV does what they think will get them good ratings. I don't care what political position you have, I'll be a bit wary of you if you're on TV. And as for Maher's program, when I look it up online I just treat it as a comedy show.

I've never actually met a Mormon, nor have I had one of their infamous door knocks (although the Jehova's Witnesses have come by many times). However, I DID see one at a lawnmower pull a year ago talking with one of his friends or something, and just by looking at him you knew that he would be a professional person to deal with. And I thought it admirable that they have to wear a nice casual suit with a nametag (even with braille, which was interesting) while they're out on their "mission" or whatever it's called.

And as long as you're satisfed with your religion and as long as it doesn't harm anybody else then I don't care about it. You could believe in a holy pancake in the sky that sent a buttermilk biscuit to tell everybody of Pancakeism and as long as you didn't start tossing pancakes and biscuits at everybody I'd be okay with you.

Also, I never knew Harry was a Mormon. Good information. And I'm sure that if I were Mormon I'd be embarrassed by Harry, hell, I'm American and I'm embarrassed by Harry!