Victory for Ukrainian Revolution

Maidan_1.jpg

Ukrainian revolution has won today and it's very emotional for me, since that is where I was born and raised. 82 protesters are dead, the president is running, government thieves are being hunted down and brought to justice, communist party headquarters ransacked, and all remaining statues of Lenin and other communist leaders torn down all over Ukraine.

I spent all day watching live feed from the victory rally on Independence Square, or Maidan (pronounced as My-DONE) in Kiev, wishing I were there. In fact, this is the first time in almost 20 years that I've been in the US that I wanted to be back in Ukraine and celebrate. So many memories, so much to say. So excuse me if I don't write more now. Perhaps, later.

Maidan_Comparison.jpg

Maidan_2.jpg

Maidan_Fists.jpg

Ukraine_Lenin_Statues.jpg

Thank You for allowing us fans of The People's Cube to share in your pride and joy. The desire for freedom is a powerful thing.

A great quote from Thomas Jefferson sums up it up quite nicely.
What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? - Thomas Jefferson

The resistance that is happening in your country is exciting and inspiring. To see a distant people shake off tyranny while at the same time seeing people within my own country embrace tyranny makes me a bit sad, fearful, and jealous.

What does it say for America when a son of the Ukraine has to teach Americans the value of freedom and the costs of tyranny? Perhaps tyranny is something we must have to experience ourselves in order to appreciate what its like to not be in its grasp.

Oleg- I'm so happy for you, though I know challenging times lie ahead for Ukraine. The resistance was uplifting to behold. Some have criticized the activists as merely fighting over which master to serve without any consideration for the bloody history of domination exerted by Russia over Ukraine. These same people sit on their hands as tyrants take hold of their country. I say to them at least the Unkrainians fight. Even if despots return they will always have to think twice because of this uprising.

The lives lost in revolution are becoming fewer and fewer. I believe that technology is advancing at such a rapid pace that the primacy of the individual man cannot be resisted by the State for much longer. Ibelieve that we will face challenges before too long here in the United States and what has happened in Ukraine has encouraged me.

I pray for the people of Ukraine that Putin doesn't presume there is a power vacuum and try something stupid.

I have been keeping the Ukraine people in my prayers. Joyous Day!

I have been wondering for days, Comrade Red Square, about what your take is on the events in Ukraine. I even thought today about posting a request for you to enlighten us.

Thank you for posting this, and I for one hope to hear more from you about your homeland in the future.

I am especially interested in your opinion of Yulia. I have always liked her, but I think that's only because she is pretty. Inside, is she good, or evil? I am curious.

ImageThis is a victory for freedom. My heartfelt congratulations to those in the Ukraine. Let us hope those that love freedom here are as steadfast and committed to its cause.Oleg, your work here is helping more than you know. My thoughts and prayers are with those in the Ukraine and the families of the martyrs. I will close with words said November 19, 1863 after a victory. This is some of the short but memorable speach which I believe can be applied here also:But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

[img]images/clipart/Prog_On.gif[/img]And let us not forget to heap our praise and party approved platitudes on Dear Leader and comrade Foreign Minister John Fraud Kerry for their ability to see and understand the problem, their foresightedness in envisioning a solution to the problem and their leadership in implementing this solution to the problem in the Ukraine.

[img]images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img]Another blow has been struck. The fire of freedom sometimes smolders but they somehow can never seem to extinguish it completely. Our prayers be with the people of the Ukraine. Let their martyrs have not fallen in vain

ProgKnockedOver.jpg
Freedom.

And the Ukrainian people are finally tasting it, even as America slips deeper into communism.

I can only imagine - or maybe I can't, really - what Oleg must be feeling.

I, also, pray that Putin will keep his hands off of the Ukraine in the days to come, and that those who are there will have started a revolution for true freedom in their country which will never end. The price of liberty IS eternal vigilance. But they're off to a wonderful start.

FREEEEEDOMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!

yuri trotynov wrote:ImageAnd let us not forget to heap our praise and party approved platitudes on Dear Leader and comrade Foreign Minister John Fraud Kerry for their ability to see and understand the problem, their foresightedness in envisioning a solution to the problem and their leadership in implementing this solution to the problem in the Ukraine.
Image Love how US State Controlled Media glorifies Dear Leader Obama's efforts of proposing a unity government in the Ukraine. If only FDR could've proposed a unity governemnt for Germany in 1930s, all that nastiness in the 1940s could've been avoided. I can't embed the CBS video, so you'll have to go to link to hear official state propaganda glorifying our Dear Leader throwing the Ukrainians under the bus of Putin's puppet. Is there an anti-American dictator Obama hasn't sucked up to?

So happy for this victory in Ukraine. I hope it will be lasting, and I hope the Venezuelan opposition can do the same.

Just found this - I love pictures over words...

24 February 2014

UKRAINE: Liberty's Victory- in Pictures

The Ukrainians got rid of a corrupt, delusional tyrant?

There are several other links in the article that go to pictures of the ex-dictator's mansion, that will be made into The People's Museum on Corruption.

The last link in the article may give us a pictorial view of the history of the revolution, which may show us what we are in for as we approach the glorious fulfillment of our own revolution of Next Tuesday™.

<OFF:>

At some point the oppressed draw a line and say " no more.". Congratulations, and best wishes for the growth of hard fought liberty.

Congratulations, my family will continue praying for the people of the Ukraine.

Now THAT is a Peoples Revolution. Do you hear the People sing?

[img]images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img]

So I guess, Comrade Square, that you disagree with Alex Jones that the Uktrainian protestors were Soros-funded veterans from the Libyan "revolution" in 2011? (Or at least jihaidist wannabes)?

Not that Alex isn't wrong at least 60% of the time, (and hyperbolic the other 40%) but I flinch everytime I hear Soros may be involved in something.

PROG ON:

Vladimir Ilyitch! How could they????????
Last edited by Kelly Ivanovna/келя ивановна on 2/28/2014, 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason for editing this post: Awww, go find it yourself!

What was the Churchill quote...not the beginning not the end, but the end of the beginning....I'm optimistic, yet see a lot of turmoil ahead.

Kelly Ivanovna/келя ивановна wrote: So I guess, Comrade Square, that you disagree with Alex Jones that the Ukrainian protestors were Soros-funded veterans from the Libyan "revolution" in 2011? (Or at least jihaidist wannabes)?

Image The allegation by conspiracy theorists like Alex Jones that America staged and financed the Ukrainian revolution is false, asinine, and insulting to those brave Ukrainians who fought, died, and toppled their shamelessly corrupt government. It is also insulting to human intelligence.

I increasingly see Alex Jones and his writers as tools of Kremlin propaganda and would appreciate if you don't post any more links to his lunacy on this website.

As for Soros, even a broken clock shows the correct time twice a day. His groups may have done some work in Kiev, but the protests would have happened with or without him. If Soros told you that vitamins are good for you, would you throw all your vitamins into the trash?

The reality is always more complex than a 2-minute clip, but this great short video works well if someone wants a quick answer about who the protesters are and what they stand for.

It is called "People of Ukraine are strong in spirit." The narration is in Russian, and this isn't a contradiction. Many of the protesters in Kiev were Russian-speaking Ukrainians, but there were also Jews, Georgians, Armenians, Lithuanians, and even Azerbaijanians.

The bearded man in the beginning and the end of the clip is Sergey Nikoyan, an ethnic Armenian who was one of the first people killed by the police. Two Georgians died as well - one of them, Dato Kipiani, of multiple gunshot wounds. They were there to help Ukrainians fight for their freedom.

During the victory rally, speakers thanked people of all nationalities who came to help, including those who arrived there from Russia. They wished the next revolution would happen in Moscow, to the cheers of the crowd.

There seems to be a coordinated, massive, and aggressive propaganda campaign on the Internet, aiming to slander Ukrainian protesters as fascists, Nazis, anti-Semites, and bloodthirsty criminals. It isn't difficult to guess whom this campaign serves.

In reality, there were all different kinds of people on that square, united by the dream of getting rid of a corrupt, thuggish regime. And while there can be a fringe in every movement, to describe the protesters in Kiev as fascists is absolutely asinine.

Red Square wrote: ... united by the dream of getting rid of a corrupt, thuggish regime.
Poetry. in its purest form.

Red Square wrote:...
There seems to be a coordinated, massive, and aggressive propaganda campaign on the Internet, aiming to slander Ukrainian protesters as fascists, Nazis, anti-Semites, and bloodthirsty criminals. It isn't difficult to guess whom this campaign serves.

ProgKnockedOver.jpg
The countries and characteristics may vary, but the evil is always the same.

In Ukraine, those who believe in individual freedom are called fascists, Nazis, anti-Semites, and bloodthirsty criminals.

In America we're called fascists, Nazis, racists, teabaggers, and haters.

The song remains the same.

Mankind isn't evolving, it never has, and it never will - in spite of that same evil claiming that it has and it is. Mankind IS intrinsically evil, and what we're seeing, all over the world, is that evil being exercised, by the power mongers here and in Ukraine, by the Muslims, by people of all stripes who choose to selfishly steal liberty from others to give power to themselves.

My greatest fear is that if the light that was once America goes fully out, as it seems on the brink of doing, the whole world will be plunged into darkness. With no bright light of freedom - and protection - anywhere, the small lights like Ukraine and others won't last long.

Red Square wrote:
Kelly Ivanovna/келя ивановна wrote: So I guess, Comrade Square, that you disagree with Alex Jones that the Ukrainian protestors were Soros-funded veterans from the Libyan "revolution" in 2011? (Or at least jihaidist wannabes)?

Image The allegation by conspiracy theorists like Alex Jones that America staged and financed the Ukrainian revolution is false, asinine, and insulting to those brave Ukrainians who fought, died, and toppled their shamelessly corrupt government. It is also insulting to human intelligence.

I increasingly see Alex Jones and his writers as tools of Kremlin propaganda and would appreciate if you don't post any more links to his lunacy on this website.

As for Soros, even a broken clock shows the correct time twice a day. His groups may have done some work in Kiev, but the protests would have happened with or without him. If Soros told you that vitamins are good for you, would you throw all your vitamins into the trash?
I completely agree. Alex gets it right on occasion but other times he's completely off the cliff. These is no doubt in my mind that the US would love to have been involved but this was a spontaneous reaction to internal affairs. According to most corruption indexes Ukraine ranked somewhere behind Pakistan and just ahead of the Congo. This doesn't even take into account the brutal domination, genocide and subjugation suffered at the hands of ethnic Russians for the last 300 years. Like any dogmatic individual, Alex is susceptible to seeing everything through his very narrow prism. Plus his business is based on bombastic claims.

Did this revolution start because of a YouTube video too?

Red Square wrote:

My apologies, Boss. clearly I could have worded that differently. I usually assume Jones is making things up or delightfully paranoid; he fills a vacuum for me left by Monty Python and the original Saturday Night Live team, not by any kind of news source. But I had difficulty seeing past allegations of the movement being hijacked, for some reason. I really wanted to know for sure it was 100% bunk, which you have now clarified. Thanks.

Kelly - it's a complicated issue and I've been planning to write about it in earnest. I just wish my day lasted 48 hours instead of 24, I could be doing more then.

Time to hatch up a grand hours-redistribution scheme! Where is the Commissar of Time when I need him?

Red Square wrote:Kelly - it's a complicated issue and I've been planning to write about it in earnest. I just wish my day lasted 48 hours instead of 24, I could be doing more then.

Time to hatch up a grand hours-redistribution scheme! Where is the Commissar of Time when I need him?
and getting more complicated all the time, it would appear. When we find Comrade Time Commissar, we should petition him to slow down the current, outdated 24 hour scheme, too.

I used to tell new soldiers that the reason the US millitary did not go completely metric was because we would need new calendars and watches.

Yes, they bought it... Perhaps Comrade Ivanova can help this idea whose time has returned again!

Tovarichi wrote:I used to tell new soldiers that the reason the US millitary did not go completely metric was because we would need new calendars and watches.

Yes, they bought it... Perhaps Comrade Ivanova can help this idea whose time has returned again!

There is "Internet Time."

Internet Time is a “new” way to tell time, invented and marketed by the Swiss watch company Swatch. The current Internet Time is the same all over the World (no time zones or daylight saving time adjustments).

https://www.swatch.com/zz_en/internettime/

anonemous1 wrote:
Tovarichi wrote:I used to tell new soldiers that the reason the US millitary did not go completely metric was because we would need new calendars and watches.

There is "Internet Time."

Internet Time is a “new” way to tell time, invented and marketed by the Swiss watch company Swatch. The current Internet Time is the same all over the World (no time zones or daylight saving time adjustments).

https://www.swatch.com/zz_en/internettime/

Comrade Mouse,

I've just finished a 6 hour battle with a recalcitrant DSL modem/router combo that nearly caused me a total brain meltdown. All those DNS's, PPPoE's, ppp's, IP's, bridges, MAC, gateway's, subnet masks, addresses, DHCP thingies....it's enough to put a rodent off his nuts! And what's the first thing I find when at last I win the battle? Swatchs' and beat converters that could drive Einstein to the bottle. Thanks a bunch!

Captain Craptek wrote: Comrade Mouse,

I've just finished a 6 hour battle with a recalcitrant DSL modem/router combo that nearly caused me a total brain meltdown. All those DNS's, PPPoE's, ppp's, IP's, bridges, MAC, gateway's, subnet masks, addresses, DHCP thingies....it's enough to put a rodent off his nuts! And what's the first thing I find when at last I win the battle? Swatchs' and beat converters that could drive Einstein to the bottle. Thanks a bunch!

Yesh... ah noes wash you mean...
Drunk-mouse.jpg

hash one on meh...
Drunk-sleeping-mouse.jpg

Comrades, has anyone verified that ALL of Putin's (ahem) local security forces (cough) were speaking Russian?
They may have been infiltrated by an occasional "Austrian"

Red Menace wrote:Image
I pray for the people of Ukraine that Putin doesn't presume there is a power vacuum and try something stupid.
No problems there.........Dear Leader will thwart any of Putin's plans with his qualities of personal bravery and exemplary leadership skills in matters of foreign policy.

Krasnodar wrote:
Red Menace wrote:Image
No problems there.........Dear Leader will thwart any of Putin's plans with his qualities of personal bravery and exemplary leadership skills in matters of foreign policy.
Indeed, Comrade K. - and as I understand it, he has already un-friended Putin on Facebook!

If this Putin >spit< doesn't want to have Comrade Prezzy MompantsOnFire (and Mooochelle) fart in his general direction, he'd better get his act together!

M84
It's times like this that a Comrade could become confused on which dictator savior to support; I don't know what I would do without the Cube to guide my way!

The Obama administration announced today that it will extend a Billion dollars in loan guarantees to the Ukraine. The State of Mississippi immediately invited the Russians to send "local security forces" to Biloxi.

Tovarichi wrote:The Obama administration announced today that it will extend a Billion dollars in loan guarantees to the Ukraine. The State of Mississippi immediately invited the Russians to send "local security forces" to Biloxi.
Image Comrade, I read this while taking a sip of water, and you almost made me spew the water all over my keyboard. Good thing I was leaning away from my desk at the time.