Smithsonian to preserve the contents of Obama's wallet

Obama_Wallet_Content.jpg
Throughout the decades and centuries, Americans have always been curious about just what the President of the United States carries around in his wallet. Historians at the Smithsonian Museum tell us that George Washington carried some early crude U.S. currency, while Abraham Lincoln carried a $5 Confederate bill. Such scientific facts, they say, provide a valuable insight into each of the Presidents' character and reflect upon historical developments happening in the country at the time.

But when a Smithsonian field rep was tasked to record the contents of President Obama's wallet, he was reportedly disappointed in his findings. Jared Woodman, a field representative for the museum, had a casual lunch with the President as they discussed topics of historical interest regarding the personal lives of Mr. Obama's predecessors, leading up to the task of examining the President's wallet.

"He seemed rather bored or uninterested in talking about the previous presidents," Woodman said during a phone interview early this morning. "The only time we actually had an engaging conversation was when we talked about him and his life. When I asked if I could see his wallet, he lightened up and happily handed it over."

"It was a fine black leather wallet with a silk lining," Woodman continued. "It was crammed full with pieces of paper of various sizes. A closer examination revealed that they were either pictures of himself or newspaper clippings about himself, predominantly from left-leaning news publications. The dozens of pictures ranged from him as an infant up to one taken just the other day."

"It seems that the only reason he even carries a wallet is so he can have those pictures with him at all times," concluded the Smithsonian expert.

Many of White House staff who have served Barack Obama over the years confirm that the more the President's approval ratings were down, the more often he would turn to his wallet and just go through his pictures, one at a time.

"It seemed to comfort him," said one staffer who was tasked with cleaning rooms in the White House. "Very rarely would I ever clean a room while he was in it, but on the occasions that I did he was always going through his wallet and would call me over to look at the pictures with him."

Even though the Smithsonian has later stated that the contents of Obama's wallet wasn't nearly as interesting as they had hoped, they are still working to replicate and preserve it as the 'Obama legacy' for future generations.

Some of us hoped to be part of his pictures.

Next they should work on preserving the contents of Hillary's e-mail server.