Neil Young demands Breyer removal

Singer/songwriter Neil Young continued his efforts this week to remove the undesirables from their ranks. His latest effort, following his more than successful campaign to cancel himself from Spotify, was the demand that Justice Stephen Breyer be removed from the Supreme Court or face the utter wrath of Mr. Young's outrage.

Young demanded that if Justice Breyer was not replaced on the court prior to Republicans gaining control in the 2022 midterms, he would draw up a cease and desist order for all Democrat Senators, Representatives, and SC Justices from playing his long forgotten tunes in their Volvos while traveling to and from their intern affairs, lobbyist meetings, Botox appointments, and group Yoga sessions.

"Either remove Breyer or remove me." stated Mr. Young.

Young's efforts quickly paid off again as within 24 hours of his latest demand Justice Breyer was purged from his lifetime appointment, thus sparing Breyer's friends and colleagues the utter shame of never getting to listen to the out of pitch 1960's yodeller again.

Mr. Young's efforts to be continued...

loon.jpg

Most Equally Esteemed Komrads,

THIS is the only performance by Komrad Young that I have ever been able to stomach. Is that wrong?

Not intimidated in the Current Truth ™,

Red Salmon

Red Salmon wrote:THIS is the only performance by Komrad Young that I have ever been able to stomach. Is that wrong? Red Salmon
Prog_Off.png

No Comrade, you are not wrong. Music is a matter of personal taste where one man's meat is another man's poison.

Neil Young failed spectacularly in his gambit to leverage his music against a voice he disagrees with and he showed himself a hypocrite in the process, too. But I don't condemn him: he is an old man and old men often become touchy and cantankerous as they age.

I am disappointed by the reactions of some talking heads today who took this as an opportunity to trash Neil Young's music in an unfair, overblown manner, even suggesting that Young is not much of a talent compared to Crosby, Stills and Nash.

Bullshit.

Those moth-fingered alcoholic has-beens couldn't sell an album without him and faded into obscurity when he stopped showing up to bail them out.

I taught myself guitar with Young's sheet music and know his music well. He is imaginative, nuanced and a virtuoso with guitar and piano. His talent is considerable and lasted long enough to inspire the Grunge movement three decades after his debut in the 1960s.

Although I defend his music and even sympathize with his assertion that Spotify audio quality is sub-standard, I can't and won't defend his use of narcissistic bravado to force others to censor what he doesn't like.

Censorship is un-American...by now, Canadians should know that.

"I guess Neil Young didn't remember ...
Southern men don't need him around, anyhow."

NO! I'll confess. Anything. Anything but that...

Waterboard me. Please! Just waterboard me. If you're going to indulge in cruel and unusual punishment, at least make it enjoyable.

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
1/27/2022, 7:08 pm

Those moth-fingered alcoholic has-beens [CS&N] couldn't sell an album without him and faded into obscurity when he stopped showing up to bail them out.

. . . . .

Although I defend his music and even sympathize with his assertion that Spotify audio quality is sub-standard, I can't and won't defend his use of narcissistic bravado to force others to censor what he doesn't like.
I fully and sincerely agree with your above sentiment, Komrade Kolonel.  I once saw a CS&N show reviewed as "Crosby, Stills, Nash & Yawn."

As my son* put it, "When he announced that he was removing his songs from Spotify, tens-of-thousands of Neil Young fans said, 'What's Spotify?'" -- *Jaan J. Wippich, budding comedian.

I am taking my revenge by listening to my Neil Young albums on my turntable, AND THERE'S NOTHING HE CAN DO TO STOP ME!!!!!  HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

from my mother's cave's basement,
sincerely your
Komrade Grendelssohnovovich

Grendelssohnovovich wrote:
2/7/2022, 10:22 pm
I am taking my revenge by listening to my Neil Young albums on my turntable, AND THERE'S NOTHING HE CAN DO TO STOP ME!!!!!  HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

external-content.duckduckgo.jpg