Veterans Day is also Kherson Liberation Day

There's nothing like a smashing victory by the good guys to celebrate Veterans Day!

Thanks, Komissar al-Blogunov!

For those who aren't sure how to pronounce Kherson, it sounds like "Her Son." The name comes from the ancient Greek colony of Hersonesos (Χερσόνησος) that once existed in those parts.

Mariupol is also a Greek name. Greeks had lived along the Black Sea shores of what's now Ukraine since the ancient times, and even more settled there after the area had been secured from the Ottoman Turkey in the 18th century.

Today, in the light of Russia's invasion, many various ethnicities inside Ukraine have united into one family and think of themselves as Ukrainians first, and everything else second.

........ as long as it passes the Biden sniff test....

trashmouth wrote:
11/12/2022, 10:40 am
........ as long as it passes the Biden sniff test....
That woman doesn't look in the mood to be passively sniffed.

Red Square wrote:
11/12/2022, 12:16 am
Thanks, Komissar al-Blogunov!

For those who aren't sure how to pronounce Kherson, it sounds like "Her Son." The name comes from the ancient Greek colony of Hersonesos (Χερσόνησος) that once existed in those parts.

Mariupol is also a Greek name. Greeks had lived along the Black Sea shores of what's now Ukraine since the ancient times, and even more settled there after the area had been secured from the Ottoman Turkey in the 18th century.

Today, in the light of Russia's invasion, many various ethnicities inside Ukraine have united into one family and think of themselves as Ukrainians first, and everything else second.
That is cool to know.

That woman doesn't look in the mood to be passively sniffed......Well, when the Democrat party is made up of hillbilly rapists, assorted transgendered fops, and students of perverse studies, old "Joes" sniff test wouldn't allow passivity to stand in the way.....Oh, wait ....I heard a knock at my door, and it looks like they aren't selling Hitler Youth Cookies.....

A great day for Kherson City and a major step towards liberating Ukrainian territory from Russian occupation. The Russians completely destroyed the Antonovskiy Bridge and their adjacent pontoon bridge. They also withdrew their entire Black Sea fleet from Sevastopol (their entire reason for invading and occupying Crimea which means it was entirely, strategically, unnecessary). Apparently, they're really scared of the Ukrainian forces. I've seen reports that the Russian forces will be expelled from Ukraine by mid summer next year. We'll see but that would be a wonderful event. I'd prefer if they just withdrew entirely from Ukraine but that doesn't seem likely. Too many are dead and wounded already. I hate this but I know it's a necessary fight. My hope is that the Russian people will punish those who started this and replace them with leaders that want peace.