Chinese leader Biden and other serious fun with Artificial Intelligence

There seem to be a number of Artificial Intelligence enthusiasts among our Cube comrades, so it’s time we had a serious discussion on how to turn it into fun. Above is how Midjourney AI imagined Cho Bai-Din (© Ivan the Stakhanovets).

And this is how AI thinks Biden sniffs Kamala Harris whenever they happen to be alone. The expression on her face is far from artificial - or, for that matter, intelligent.

This is how Biden reacted when he found out that a lowly AI bot made fun of him. It was brutal.

Here’s Nancy Pelosi burying evidence with a shovel. Half-way through, she begins to resemble Commissarka Pinkie.

This is Barack Obama as a protagonist of a 19th century family drama.

This is Greta Thunberg and her trusty Polly Bear researching how many minutes the planet has left before it burns in a carbon dioxide inferno.

This is how, on suggestion of Kim Jon Fun, AI did the reenactment of Ted Kennedy drowning Mary Jo Kopechne in Chappaquiddick.

This is what AI imagined “Covfefe” looks like.

And finally, as a bonus, a public service announcement from the World Health Organization, brought to you by Artificial Intelligence.

Indeed, human hands appear to be the most challenging aspect for AI to accurately depict. It often miscalculates the number of fingers, their length and width, the number of phalanges, etc. It's no surprise that classical painters charged a premium for portraits that featured hands.

In some family portraits, each individual displays only one hand. This particular family must have been extravagantly wealthy, as everyone here flaunts two hands each.

I imagine if some particularly wealthy family wanted to brandish their status, they would order a portrait with three or more hands each.

tmo2531-M-1-2x.webp

It doesn't always take A.I. to screw up hands. The mosaic portrait of Jesus on the ceiling of the Baptistry of San Giovanni in Florence, Italy is an example. 

two right hands.jpg

Note that Jesus has two right hands. During my viewing, I was told the reason for it is that God—being perfect—must have two right hands. I guess they didn't think much of lefties in 13th century Italy.

AI probably can't grasp the concept of the opposable thumb. It's told humans have five fingers, so it draws five fingers, as on Pelosi's shovel and in other instances. And then there's the opposable thumb that becomes the sixth finger. But since it's not called a "finger," and humans have five fingers, placing five fingers around the shovel is technically correct.

Someone should tell AI that humans have not five, but FOUR FINGERS and a THUMB on each hand. That should fix things.

This must be the result of English-language programming. For example, in Slavic languages, the thumb is called "the big finger." Five fingers minus the Big Finger leaves us four. AI would've drawn better hands if were to think as a Slav.

Red Square wrote:
3/26/2023, 1:26 pm
In Slavic languages, the thumb is called "the big finger." Five fingers minus the Big Finger leaves us four. AI would've drawn better hands if were to think as a Slav.

Gorilla A.I. does a better job, hands down.
BD4708.jpg

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
3/26/2023, 12:49 pm
It doesn't always take A.I. to screw up hands. The mosaic portrait of Jesus on the ceiling of the Baptistry of San Giovanni in Florence, Italy is an example. 

Note that Jesus has two right hands. During my viewing, I was told the reason for it is that God—being perfect—must have two right hands. I guess they didn't think much of lefties in 13th century Italy.

If human logic that stipulated Jesus had no left hand, is the same human logic encoded in today's AI not coded correctly for depicting the human hand... it makes Colonel O's gorilla handle make a lot of sense.

forelocktug,
'pelipsky

Dall-E can be tricky.  I did Maxine Waters as a screaming banshee, but only got her regular photos back.  

Maxine.jpg

What is Justin Trudeau's Chinese Name? @BloomsCereus

Don't forget the six fingered men. How does AI depict them?

Count Rogan.jpg

Clara Illbustyourballs Zetkin wrote:
3/27/2023, 7:22 am
Don't forget the six fingered men. How does AI depict them?
f6394545.jpg

We get to use AI images at a steep, six-finger discount.

So we shouldn't complain too much.

Red Square wrote:
3/26/2023, 11:52 pm

The obvious first attempt is Choo Stin Tru-Do, but it may need some soy sauce more work...

Midjourney seems to be way less restrictive then Dall-E.  That said, I'm still not wording things right.  This next masterpiece is "Hunter Biden with a crack pipe in his mouth giving a laptop to a repair shop employee" on Midjourney

hunter.jpg

An all red rubik's cube with a hammer and sickle soviet symbol in each middle square

DALL-E

cube dalle.jpg

Midjourney

cube mj.jpg

Marx help me, I really need to use my time more wisely. 

Midjourney generated these images on this prompt: red rubik's cube, red on all sides, 3 squares per side, on an office table, sharp overhead light

Cubes_Office.jpg

As for the missing hammer and sickle, I noticed that sometimes it's easier to generate some basic elements and then combine them manually, rather than make AI do exactly what you envision. It's more like a jazz improvisation than playing exact notes from the sheet.

Here's how I combined several elements from MJ for another project I was working on. You'll notice Cho Bai-Din's face from the lede image.

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
3/27/2023, 3:17 pm
TikTok rebranded by A.I.

This is a perfect AI joke. Congrats, Colonel!

If you haven't tried graphic AI, it always improvises with shapes and never gives you the exact copy. It also generates random characters instead of real words, which an artist can then replace.

In this image, the TikTok logo is reshaped, the AI style, into a headphone, while the seemingly random characters read "eavesdrop."

Who said AI kills creativity? It just takes creativity to the next level.

That would certainly help me out, since I don't have good enough software to create something quickly. Seemingly simple images can take me a couple of hours and I usually don't have that much time.

Red Square wrote:
3/26/2023, 11:52 pm

On Twitter people suggested a few names:
  • Jus-tin Kastrosahn
  • Lil Fi Del

The others were from the Suk Wang and Som Dum Fuq family.

I came across this "glass half-full" diagram and decided to update it with A.I. versions in a frame below.

Red Square wrote:
3/29/2023, 3:22 pm
I came across this "glass half-full" diagram and decided to update it with A.I. versions in a frame below.
Even most humans don't understand that whether a glass is half full or half empty depends on whether it is being filled or being emptied. Lacking human intuition, A.I. can—at best—produce only a half-glassed result.

Accordingly, whether an ass is half-empty or half-full depends on whether it is being emptied or being filled. I guess, the former makes you an optimist, while the latter makes you a pessimist. 

Today I asked AI to visualize quantum entanglement. I feel we've entered the sci-fi world I read about as a kid.

Quantum_Entanglement_1.jpg

And then I asked it to visualize Alice Cooper as a Shovel Hero.

This may be the most parodied Stonetoss of all and I finally found a use for it.

ST401b.jpg

I worked hard all day and wanted to do something fun and non-political before going to bed.

Red Square wrote:
4/17/2023, 10:56 pm
I worked hard all day and wanted to do something fun and non-political before going to bed.

Very nice. Reminds me of another famous painting.

gorillamona_custom-0173347a00434bbc3573d4033f83cc2fd9267da5-s1400.jpg

eggroll.jpg

Premier Cho Bai-Din is still frustrated. No egg rolls were served at the White House Easter Egg-Roll...

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
4/18/2023, 6:41 am
Red Square wrote:
4/17/2023, 10:56 pm

Very nice. Reminds me of another famous painting.

What a beauty! And someone on Twitter asked me to do the Dogecoin Mona Lisa, so I thought I'd try.

Mona_Lisa,_Dogecoin_MJ.jpg

And while I was doing that, AI went crazy with it.

Mona_Lisa_Dogecoin_Crazy_Alien.jpg

It obviously took its job very seriously.

Mona_Lisa_Dogecoin_Framed_Portraits.jpg

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
3/26/2023, 12:49 pm

Lefties were not appreciated - the word "sinister" originally meant a left-handed person. OT, but somewhat relevant - Barack Hussein O is a lefty. 

Komrade Katz wrote:
5/23/2023, 5:52 pm
The word "sinister" originally meant a left-handed person. OT, but somewhat relevant - Barack Hussein O is a lefty.
Simon says...

"ONCE THE DEMOCRATS AND THE UNITED NATIONS AND THE WEF AND ECO EXTINCTION AND THE BILDERBERGS AND XI JINPING AND GEORGE SOROS AND BILL GATES AND THE CLINTONS AND JEFF BEZOS AND MARK ZUCKERBERG AND SUNDAR PICHAI AND THE EUROPEAN UNION ARE OUT OF THE WAY,
I SHALL RULE THE WORLD!"

simon_bar_sinister_by_toon1990_dc8b14i-pre.jpg