Page 1 of 1

12/29/2013, 1:56 pm
El Presidente
Our fellow-traveler at the Daily Kos, Denise Oliver Velez, has taken it upon herself to establish the "Racist of the Year" award.


Many of the racists selected fit just as easily into other categories of bigotry—since they are also sexist, homophobic, or target people of other ethnicities or faiths.Instead of nice golden statutes or medals I'm awarding "Hoodies"—not the hoodies worn by many of us as casual outerwear, or the hoodies that became a symbol of the Trayvon Martin murder. Mine are Klan hoodies—the hoods of the outfits worn by members of the Klu Klux Klan as part of their regalia —which are symbolic of racial terrorism, along with cross-burnings and lynchings.

invasion-of-the-body-snatchers-1978.jpg

Wow! Only a person of more equal intellect and cleverness could have dreamed up such an award, comrades. Mrs. Velez is no doubt a person of superior brilliance and wit. She is no doubt well pleased with herself for dreaming up such an original and well articulated concept.

And this years nominees are...

Screen Shot 2013-12-29 at 11.39.54 AM.png

The nominees are of a most hateful bunch and are clearly outed racists, sexists, homophobes, all deserving of the white "Hoodie" award and the title "Racist of the Year". Of course, had the election been done at The People's Cube all nominees would be crowned a "Hoodie" award, as there are no losers or winners at The Cube.

Don't forget to cast your votes, comrades. And, like all voting, be sure to cast your votes early and often.

History of the "Hoodie":

EMBEDDED VIDEO NO LONGER AVAILABLE


12/29/2013, 3:24 pm
Red Walrus

My vote went to the other category. Obviously Bushitler is the ultimate Racist rAAAcist ever. See for yourselves, Comrades.



Image


12/29/2013, 4:02 pm
Red Square
I think the word "racist" has been misspelled. The correct, Party-approved version of the word has three 'A's in it, all upper case:

rAAAcist!


12/29/2013, 4:38 pm
Karl Marx Treatment Center
Collectivism = Tribalism. Self-government = Cosmopolitanism.

Anyone that doesn't belong to the collectivist's tribe is an outsider and will be enslaved or murdered in any fashion they can enslave or murder the people not in their tribe. All she's doing is painting targets on the backs of the outsiders.


12/29/2013, 11:34 pm
Captain Craptek
D. O. Velez.jpg
Comrades,

Field Marshall of the Young Lords Party, Denise Oliver, (now Denise Oliver-Velez) has been discontent for over 43 years. She does not tolerate outside interference in "The rAAAcist Game" and is currently polling us on this important subject. It is our duty to provide the current rankings of rAAAcist figures in the news as determined by The Party. Perhaps the membership of her Central Committee will encourage you to assist her.

By May 1970, the New York section under the leadership of its Central Committee: Felipe Luciano, Chairman; David Perez, Minister of Defense; Juan González, Minister of Education; Pablo Guzmán, Minister of Information; Juan Fi Ortiz, Minister of Finance; and Denise Oliver, Field Marshall, decided to separate the New York chapter from the national Young Lords office in Chicago.

*Extra beet rations will be provided (date to be determined) for those identifying all of Denise's buttons!


12/30/2013, 2:36 am
El Presidente
The DOV fashion line has proven itself to have quite a shelf life.

Monica Lewinsky beret.jpg


12/30/2013, 9:14 am
Commissarka Pinkie
Wow! As a Party member, I'm used to voting multiple times for one Party candidate. But now I get to vote multiple times for multiple people! And then there are the write-in candidates under “Other”—I'm adding every right wing conservative I can think of. Only why do I have to explain it?


12/30/2013, 10:17 am
RedDiaperette
I am thinking of denouncing nominating myself under "other," to demonstrate that I am even proggier than prog in my humility and my recognition that all of us who are not of the appropriate color are by nature rAAAcist.

(Is "tabby" considered appropriate color, by the way? If so, I withdraw nomination.)


12/30/2013, 12:56 pm
Comrade Putout
.
.

martin-bashir.jpg


12/30/2013, 2:41 pm
R.O.C.K. in the USSA
ComradeDenise.jpg
I knew I recognized her, comrades!

It was the summer of '69... ahhh, those were the days, the smell of bomb makings in the air, offing pigs at random...

Oh my, the laughs we had in Bill and Bernadine's basement over Comrade Denise's wacky disguises!

And there was this cute - although obviously not terribly bright - little black kid, Barry something, who we'd have fetch our drinks and smokes...

Sweet memories, comrades!