2/8/2014, 9:40 pm
I've been thinking.
It has been awhile since Oleg came out with Shakedown Socialism.
It is time for a followup.
I have a serious suggestion.
Oleg has an advantage over the rest of us. He has lived in a totalitarian state and has acquired the special skills needed to function in daily life. The rest of us are not so lucky.
I suggest he write a series of short essays, which could be marketed separately, but ultimately would be collected together as a short book. Each essay would give tips to the rest of us so we can quickly gain the skills we will need to get by.
Oleg may not know what skills are lacking, so I think we should all come up with some topics for him to consider. I'll start out by suggesting the following essay topics:
1) "How do I get my washing machine fixed?"
2) "It takes a village (to brainwash a child)"
3) "How to find the black market and buy products and services (without getting burned)"
4) "Ways to suck up to your equal superiors and get special perks"'
5) "How not to attract the attention of the authorities"
It is unfair that Oleg knows more than we do about these things. He needs to either submit to a prefrontal lobotomy or alternatively give us this important instruction so we can all be equal.
It has been awhile since Oleg came out with Shakedown Socialism.
It is time for a followup.
I have a serious suggestion.
Oleg has an advantage over the rest of us. He has lived in a totalitarian state and has acquired the special skills needed to function in daily life. The rest of us are not so lucky.
I suggest he write a series of short essays, which could be marketed separately, but ultimately would be collected together as a short book. Each essay would give tips to the rest of us so we can quickly gain the skills we will need to get by.
Oleg may not know what skills are lacking, so I think we should all come up with some topics for him to consider. I'll start out by suggesting the following essay topics:
1) "How do I get my washing machine fixed?"
2) "It takes a village (to brainwash a child)"
3) "How to find the black market and buy products and services (without getting burned)"
4) "Ways to suck up to your equal superiors and get special perks"'
5) "How not to attract the attention of the authorities"
It is unfair that Oleg knows more than we do about these things. He needs to either submit to a prefrontal lobotomy or alternatively give us this important instruction so we can all be equal.


