Notable and Quotable: Nancy Pelosi explains impeachment

Nancy Pelosi's remarks naming the House impeachment managers:

This is a very important day for us. As you know I referenced temporal markers that our founders and our poets and others have used over time to place us in time, to emphasize the importance of time, because everything is about time.

Because everything is about time — how we use it, how we mark it. And today is an important day because today is the day that we name the managers, we go to the floor to pass the resolution to transmit the articles of impeachment to the Senate, and later in the day, when we have our engrossment, that we march those articles of impeachment to the United States Senate.

As I've said, it's always been our founders, when they started, “When in the course of human events it becomes necessary” — when.

Abraham Lincoln – “Four score and seven years ago.”

Thomas Paine, ‘These are the times that try men's souls.'

Again and again, even our poets, Longfellow — “Listen, my children and you will hear/Of the midnight ride of Paul Revere/On the 18th of April 1775/ Hardly a man is now alive/That remembers that famous day and year.”

Time, time, time, is on my side -- Trump.jpg
[/url]Click the picture to see the video.

“Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.” — Woody Allen

“Ack ack ack!” — Martian alien

Comrades Nansky Peloski forgot ....
[center]"Truth is a lie undiscovered"[/center][center]Image[/center][/font]

"Time is of the excrescence." -- Anon.

"It was the feast of times, it was the wurst of times." -- Garfield.

"It's Howdy Doody time!" -- Buffalo Bob.

“To be is to do”—Socrates.

“To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre.

“Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.

This impeachment is an albatross around the necks of democrats forever.

"A whop bop b-luma b-lop bam bom" - Little Richard

All things being equal, fat people use more soap.

"Good!” said the Baron, a-sitting in her hall,
"But Impeachment — Cold Impeachment — is master of them all!"

And so she made rebellion 'gainst the King her liege,
Camped before his citadel and summoned it to siege ...

TheBullshitFlag.png
[/i]

Where's the GAO report on the cost of wasting time when we need it?

just axin'
'pelipsky

Red Square wrote:"A whop bop b-luma b-lop bam bom" - Little Richard

'pelipsky was so inspired by Red Square's comment..the lyrical brilliance of genius...and all these notes and quotes contributions Comrades have added to further Nancy Pelosi's delving deep into the spirit of America to explain why America sucks and needs a new direction as far away from Trumpachev and his glasnost and perestroika as possible.

Well, Karaoke Hooliganism just welled up in 'pelipsky's mythical soul. Hope Comrades like it because we truly live in a Loon Age Daydream.

Jackalopelipsky
Russian Agent of Karaoke
with love, xxx

It's about time and temporal markers that mark time in a timely way which has been our friend because time has revealed evidence that just came up in a timely way even though we've spent years investigating time and running out of time.
In the meantime, Russia has lots of time zones so there's more time to collude and overthrow elections many times over.
Let me use this moment in time to quote some irrelevant poetry: Roses are red, Violets are blue, Blueberries are blue, It's true.
So even our poets are marching over, and not marking time, to bring the, uh, what was I talking about?

Okay, that was just weird. More so because she doesn't have any idea how weird she sounds.

Margaret wrote:Nancy Pelosi's remarks naming the House impeachment managers:

This is a very important day for us. As you know I referenced temporal markers that our founders and our poets and others have used over time to place us in time, to emphasize the importance of time, because everything is about time.

Because everything is about time — how we use it, how we mark it. And today is an important day because today is the day that we name the managers, we go to the floor to pass the resolution to transmit the articles of impeachment to the Senate, and later in the day, when we have our engrossment, that we march those articles of impeachment to the United States Senate.

As I've said, it's always been our founders, when they started, “When in the course of human events it becomes necessary” — when.

Again and again, even our poets, Longfellow — “Listen, my children and you will hear/Of the midnight ride of Paul Revere/On the 18th of April 1775/ Hardly a man is now alive/That remembers that famous day and year.”
Click the picture to see the video.

Comrade Margaret -

I was just about to complement you on a brilliant piece of parody. "It sounds just like Comrade Pelosi," I thought, "only stupider."

Then I clicked on the link.

- SK

Ivan Betinov wrote:All things being equal, fat people use more soap.
I never thought of it that way before.....

Comrade Jenkem wrote:"Purple Monkey Dishwasher" IMPEACH!!!!!
BAHUNGA!!! Juxtapose metaphors!! More Wodka!!Image

Chief Designer wrote:
Margaret wrote:Nancy Pelosi's remarks naming the House impeachment managers:

Click the picture to see the video.

Comrade Margaret -

I was just about to complement you on a brilliant piece of parody. "It sounds just like Comrade Pelosi," I thought, "only stupider."

Then I clicked on the link.

- SK
The only sector of the economy to be negatively impacted by Trump's presidency is amateur satirists. He's driven the left so mad we can't keep pace.

Komissar al-Blogunov wrote:
The only sector of the economy to be negatively impacted by Trump's presidency is amateur satirists. He's driven the left so mad we can't keep pace.

[OFF]

I disagree. I'd say there's about the same amount of good material as there was during the Hussein Regime. The rest of it is like fine wine, it has just been bottled and has not yet reached its' full potential for satire.