Return of the Apple II

Comrades,

Most glorious news! When Chairman Biden takes over and appoints glorious AOC as a high commissar, the Glorious World of Next Tuesday will be upon us!

But do you know what else will be coming? A return to the 1980s, complete with Apple II computers! The museum devoted to my glorious namesake, Vladimir Lenin, still runs on these. And if a museum all about one of the greatest leaders in the world (only to be outdone by Stalin and later Dear Leader Obama) then it is good enough for you too comrades. So, I hope you have enough 5 1/4" disks handy. If not, Chairman Biden will stimulate the Chinese economy by having a new factory for such disks built.

I'm glad I kept my Apple IIc all these years. I bet it will still work when I remove decades worth of dust from it!

If we are really good comrades, why, I bet Chairman Biden will open a Chinese factory to make VCRs and VHS tapes. He might even have a nationalized version of Blockbuster at every re-education camp complete with state-approved media helping you find your place in the glorious collective. They might even edit Star Trek media featuring the Borg to get rid of any plots where the Borg lose.

Oh happy days are here again Comrades!!

Further down in comrade Vlad's link.

Hmmmm...

E029828F-44F8-4218-8C65-C40556018D66.jpeg

Why, could it be that inside those red curtains rests my glorious evil monster namesake? Properly preserved for many generations to come to properly get sick gaze upon?

(re Komrade Vlad's link)

... and on the non-visual, the literary side, this fragment below (emphasis mine) has an otherworldly, multidimensionally hypnotizing (dare I say: abstractly erotic?) quality:
“Originally, they were called ‘ideologico-emotional centers,'” says Boris Vlasov, Deputy Director of Research at Gorki Leninskiye Museum-Reserve, standing in front of a large cube of cranberry-red glass. As he presses a button on a bulky remote, the cube lights up from the inside, revealing moving images surrounded by elaborate props and scenery. Each of the museum's five cubes, which look almost like monoliths from 2001: Space Odyssey, houses a short three-dimensional presentation. Moving mirrors and Pepper's ghost projectors ...

Comrade Vlad Linen wrote:Why, could it be that inside those red curtains rests my glorious evil monster namesake? Properly preserved for many generations to come to properly get sick gaze upon?
Cowabunga! (straight from Gorki Leninskiye) :

(rotundal peepshow?)

You know the next Apple commercial will have them replace the TV which some indoctrinated capitalist has destroyed.

Genosse Dummkopf wrote:(re Komrade Vlad's link)

... and on the non-visual, the literary side, this fragment below (emphasis mine) has an otherworldly, multidimensionally hypnotizing (dare I say: abstractly erotic?) quality:
“Originally, they were called ‘ideologico-emotional centers,'” says Boris Vlasov, Deputy Director of Research at Gorki Leninskiye Museum-Reserve, standing in front of a large cube of cranberry-red glass. As he presses a button on a bulky remote, the cube lights up from the inside, revealing moving images surrounded by elaborate props and scenery. Each of the museum's five cubes, which look almost like monoliths from 2001: Space Odyssey, houses a short three-dimensional presentation. Moving mirrors and Pepper's ghost projectors ...

Comrade Vlad Linen wrote:Why, could it be that inside those red curtains rests my glorious evil monster namesake? Properly preserved for many generations to come to properly get sick gaze upon?
Cowabunga! (straight from Gorki Leninskiye) :

(rotundal peepshow?)

push the remote? Cubes light up?? Cowabunga??

Let's skip Vlad's roduntular peep show and just look out the window.

'pelipsky