Does Houston Know We Have A Problem?

American kids want to be famous on YouTube, and kids in China want to go to space: survey

https://www.businessinsider.com/america ... dium=email

“I’m a 300-pound Black mermaid in America over 35, and hopefully that tells somebody they can do whatever they want to do,” says Monique, whose group sells shirts that read ‘Fat mermaids make waves’ and ‘Gender is fluid under the sea.’ “Sure, on the one hand it is really silly, but I’ve watched it change people’s lives.” …

“When you put your mermaid tail on at the beach or pool, you become a superstar,” says Henault, whose company runs mermaiding schools across Canada and the United States. …

https://vdare.com/posts/when-being-tran ... er-mermaid

It's always a mermaid and seldon a merman.

I'm not sure if this is a merman or a man from Murmansk.
Merman.jpg

And why is the upper half always human?  At least René Magritte saw it differently:
The+Wonders+of+Nature%2C+Rene+Magritte-1578957498.jpg

Most Equally Esteemed Komrads,

PROG OH SO OFF

I have been patient.  Definitive Satire of this very topic aired on March 9, 2005.  South Park Season 9, Episode 1.  The title was Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina.  The official story line from IMDB reads as follows:

"Mr. Garrison gets an operation and becomes a woman; Kyle gets surgery to become black and tall so he can play basketball; Gerald decides he wants to be a dolphin."

The episode concludes with each of the characters having to admit that they didn't change who they are just because they changed appearances.  The defining line was when Mr. Garrison said, "... and I'm just a guy with a mangled penis."  The current Mermaid trend (and yes I expect we will see Mermaidoplasty™ in the near future if it isn't here already) just shows how prescient this episode was.  Gerald as a dolphin is really disturbing. 

There is some rather gruesome real life footage included in this episode, so I hesitate to recommend that anyone actually seek this out to watch for themselves.  Consider yourselves warned. 

OK, PROG AGAIN

Komrads, certainly we can out satire the KKKapitalist South Park!  Other fellow travelers have been attempting to get this episode banned and exiled to the Memory Hole™.  I myself don't require a Mermaidoplasy™ as I already have an ichthyoid identity established, but I support any Komrad who desires to "make the change".

In the Current Truth™,

Red Salmon

But where’s the brainplasty that can take a 300 pound mermaid and physically alter that brain into a Chinese astronaut or physics engineer designing high tech weaponry? That’s the problem Houston doesn’t know it has. Too many merchildren in need of brainplasty instead of current education curriculum turning out social media influencers who can only survive if the Electricity Grid remains operational.