Comments? Comrades, Some Chinese Chick Is Hitting On Me.

It is said that; "Go your own way and let others say it!" The classical Chinese version is: the apes on both sides can't stop crying, and the boat has passed thousands of mountains.

Arm yourselves, comrades. This is definitely war!

Kapitan Kangaroo Kourt wrote:
9/24/2022, 7:03 am
It is said that; "Go your own way and let others say it!" The classical Chinese version is: the apes on both sides can't stop crying, and the boat has passed thousands of mountains.

Arm yourselves, comrades. This is definitely war!
Comrade, in the absence of context or who you were quoting or why, your post reminds me of another quote by the late Jim Morrison:
"I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer."

I have no more context than you have, Comrade Colonel. That quote was entirely unsolicited. It seems like a threat to me. Your Jim Morrison quote did give me some hope. Perhaps an understanding can be achieved in the future.

I actually thought of Fleetwood Mac's "Go Your Own Way" but maybe "Roadhouse Blues" is more appropriate.

Why, the meaning is quite clear. I’m sure this will help:

https://inf.news/en/culture/b7e9d24470a ... 5cbfd.html

It obviously means don’t drink the water.

Poems and odes are works of art, not academic papers. Academic papers must be rigorous, but literary and artistic creation requires romance. At the same time, people who appreciate literary and artistic works must have romantic feelings themselves, otherwise you might as well just read academic papers.

Or feel like killing yourself.

That just might be the most depressing thing I've ever read, after learning that Matha's Vineyard and Kamala Harris are not synonymous.

I was once drunk on Martha's Vineyard. I was never drunk on Kamala Harris and nobody ever paid me to get off her.

9/24/2022, 6:02 pm

$.$. Halliburton wrote:
9/24/2022, 6:43 pm

Of the most prominent hallmarks of bad poetry and bad art, analytic explanations attached to them on plaques or offered by "deep thinkers" are the worst, often echoing the panicked purchaser's justification for foolishly buying trash that rightfully belongs in the attic, a yard sale or a dumpster. 

The best poetry, art and music captivates the reader, viewer or listener with no explanation required; it moves people all on its own no matter the intents or purposes of the artist, the knowledge of which may sometimes disappoint an observer who was otherwise satisfied by his initial impression.

But all that aside, WTF does any of this have to do with apes, and does this mean we'll get Chinese food delivered at the next Tractor Barn party? (Asking for a friend.)

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
9/24/2022, 7:37 pm
9/24/2022, 6:02 pm

$.$. Halliburton wrote:
9/24/2022, 6:43 pm

Of the most prominent hallmarks of bad poetry and bad art, analytic explanations attached to them on plaques or offered by "deep thinkers" are the worst, often echoing the panicked purchaser's justification for foolishly buying trash that rightfully belongs in the attic, a yard sale or a dumpster. 

The best poetry, art and music captivates the reader, viewer or listener with no explanation required; it moves people all on its own no matter the intents or purposes of the artist, the knowledge of which may sometimes disappoint an observer who was otherwise satisfied by his initial impression.

But all that aside, WTF does any of this have to do with apes, and does this mean we'll get Chinese food delivered at the next Tractor Barn party? (Asking for a friend.)

WTF is a metaphor, Comrade Colonel. Much the same as apes, Chinese food, tractor barn parties and friends.

9/24/2022, 8:00 pm
WTF is a metaphor, Comrade Colonel.
I suppose it is.

Maybe it has something to do with Xi and the rumored military coup taking place in China. The trouble with Chinese poets is they're so inscrutable.

The trouble with a Chinese coup is that 30 minutes after it's over, you want to take over the government again...

That may be so but they have some killer Kung Pao Chicken recipes.