California Über Alles

Comrades,

Make no mistake: I feel your pain about YouTube posts, usually (most of which I skip to avoid spousal abuse for laughter and English), but I am more frequently pained by the page load time they create.

That said, let's go back to 1980 when that fascist tool Reagan was embarking on his destruction of the wonderful people's USA inherited from President Jimmy Carter who--thanks be unto Marx and his Engels!--has been preserved, like Lenin and Mao, except in an undead state due to his fossilizing repetition of his own progressive greatness and laurels thereto that keep him pickled in his own juices.

So let's look back to 1980, to the Dead Kennedys punk band led by admitted progressive Jello Biafra, and the progressive--in every sense, including forward-looking--of "California Über Alles." Let me be perfectly clear: It's just the band's logo, so there's no distracting visual content, only audio. Just lie back and let it wash over you, in preparation for the bailout of California. Yes, we can wake up after that bailout tide goes back out and leaves us with Hope™ for China's, Japan's, or someone else's Change™. And now the video...

EMBEDDED VIDEO NO LONGER AVAILABLE

And the lyrics, oh, the lyrics, nearly as relevant today as then:

I am Governor Jerry Brown
My aura smiles
And never frowns
Soon I will be president...

Carter Power will soon go away
I will be Führer one day
I will command all of you
Your kids will meditate in school
Your kids will meditate in school!

[Chorus:]
California Über Alles
California Über Alles
Über Alles California
Über Alles California

Zen fascists will control you
100% natural
You will jog for the master race
And always wear the happy face

Close your eyes, can't happen here
Big Bro' on white horse is near
The hippies won't come back you say
Mellow out or you will pay
Mellow out or you will pay!

[Chorus]

Now it is 1984
Knock-knock at your front door
It's the suede/denim secret police
They have come for your uncool niece (my favorite line)

Come quietly to the camp
You'd look nice as a drawstring lamp
Don't you worry, it's only a shower
For your clothes here's a pretty flower.

DIE on organic poison gas
Serpent's egg's already hatched
You will croak, you little clown
When you mess with President Brown
When you mess with President Brown

[Chorus]

Comrade Tovarich

I am speechless. The World of next Tuesday described in perfect rock rhythm. Amazing how even in those days people recognized the true agenda of the hippies.

How I miss Governor Moonbeam. Medfly Jerry was one of the most progressive of all California governors, until we got the Governator, who proved to be a wonderful Prog in Republican clothing.

On a slightly different subject, is there anything that we can do to save Senator Boxer's seat? She's only ahead 3 points of a generic Rethuglican candidate, and we must save a true prog like Senator Boxer.

She's arrogant ("Call me Senator, not Ma'am. I worked for this. [spending my husband's money]." She's stupid. She's entitled. She's silly. She's foolish. And she's stupid.

See? The perfect prog.

It has a beat that really get's you up and goosestepping (especially after a few cups of strong coffee).

Ah the Dead Kennedys...we used to crank that up in our dorm rooms to drive away the people sitting in the lounge watching General Hospital.

Stacia Gooneybirdova wrote:Ah the Dead Kennedys...we used to crank that up in our dorm rooms to drive away the people sitting in the lounge watching General Hospital.
.....To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully.The more politically active black students.The foreign students.The Chicanos. The Marxist Professors and the structural feminists and punk-rock performance poets.We smoked cigarettes and wore leather jackets. At night, in the dorms, we discussed neocolonialism, Franz Fanon, Eurocentrism, and patriarchy.When we ground out our cigarettes in the hallway carpet or set our stereos so loud that the walls began to shake, we were resisting bourgeois society's stifling constraints. We weren't indifferent or careless or insecure.
We were alienated, but we loved the DKs.

This gave me an uber headache but they do make uber sense. Was comrade Van Jones in the group?

"DIE on organic poison gas
Serpent's egg's already hatched
You will croak, you little clown.."

Certainly were an upbeat little groupof goons, huh?

What a joy. This is one of the bands that helped me through high school indoctrination during the hate filled Ray-gun era. Who could forget such classics as this, or Holiday in Cambodia, and the all time classic Too Drunk to F**k. They are truly musical prodigies.

Comrades,

I am touched that so many of you have been touched. Yet more important is that, being a prog, I will not suffer embarrassing allegations or legal procedures for that touching.

Comrade Zaphro wrote:What a joy. This is one of the bands that helped me through high school indoctrination during the hate filled Ray-gun era.

Praise Lenin, comrade! Even disbanded, they retain followers.

Comrade_Tovarich wrote:
Praise Lenin, comrade! Even disbanded, they retain followers.

i'd be curious to see if jello biafra is perplexed to find himself perhaps more aligned now with the 'right anti-establishment' instead of being just 'anti-establishment left' like back in the old days.

top secret file notes on the DK's: they are one of the few bands in the states to have been raided by the FBI (maybe it was the CIA) and have albums confiscated.

Stacia Gooneybirdova wrote:Ah the Dead Kennedys...we used to crank that up in our dorm rooms to drive away the people sitting in the lounge watching General Hospital.

Comradette Stacia,

Truly, inspired!

Blackmarket Citizen wrote:top secret file notes on the DK's: they are one of the few bands in the states to have been raided by the FBI (maybe it was the CIA) and have albums confiscated.

I believe I recall something about that, although I don't recall why or what. The band members seem to be busy fighting over the rights (and money) and not getting anywhere.

Last I heard of Jello, he was hanging with the CA Green Party a few years ago. Oh, I think he's also done some debating circuit (as the anti-) with some GOPhers.

Zen fascists will control you
100% natural
You will jog for the master race

Truly I look forward to days and nights of running on a treadmill while staring at a wall to meditate. I feel enlightened already.

Leninka, the Obambi Administration will be memorialized in a movie. You've seen <i>The Matrix</i> where people are used for the production of power? Well, that's what Obaby's doing too. But this movie will be called <i>The Hat-trick</i>.

Leninka wrote: You will jog for the master race

Truly I look forward to days and nights of running on a treadmill while staring at a wall to meditate. I feel enlightened already.

Leninka you are most wise. Forced labor clears the mind. As boy I loved to watch Gilligan's Island. Whenever Maryann climbed on that bike and started to pedal, I could feel the electricity.
Definitely a tingle up my leg...and beyond.

Thank you Comrades Theocritus and Whoopie, for your compliments and insights.

And, as you know, Comrade Zero has party approval to be aloft of the masses and those of us in the inner circle. And we must tread ever faster and harder to keep him aloft. After all, it is our duty to build and maintain his legacy as the one who saved the planet and brought all of us free health care.

You do realize don't you that the second he was elected the oceans started to subside? He let us believe that.

All President Awesome Zero has to do is work his look and the planets will change direction around the sun.

His power is so profound, it literally knocked the earth off its axis. And the Haitian earthquake? It's part of a grander plan to rebuild Haiti as an Obamatopia.

Is Haiti where we can put the reich-wingers? They have to be interned, you know.

Of course, like Castro's "Isle of Pines." But it can also be used for setting up indoctrination programs for any children over the age of 11. Really, it ought to be called Obamutopia, not Obamatopia. And there is a built in factor that Comrade Barack should find very pleasing: no whites at the lunch counters in Haiti, now, are there? I suspect, as well, that he would find somewhere on that half of the island a suitable retreat for Reverend Wright and his friends.

Internment? For conservatives? I hope I never live see such a waste of resources. Why house them and feed them when we can use their mass graves to fertilize our beet fields?

I'll ask Mean Mike Malloy the Moaning Moonbat what his preferred method of executing dissenters is today.