Climate Expert Demands: "Prove Us Wrong or Stand Down"

People's science expert and tax-free yacht skipper John Kerry recently issued a stern challenge to climate-change holocaust deniers and other tools of Big Oil:

"Prove Us Wrong or Stand Down*"

Speaking to Congress for nearly 55 minutes on the subject (which I'm sure just flew by because he is so fascinating and such a great speaker), Commander Kerry employed the time-honored principle of modern peer-reviewed people's science which states when the government and popular celebrities believe something is true, the burden of proof is on those who disagree to prove otherwise.

In addition, even though the principles of modern peer-reviewed people's science do not require it, Captain Kerry provided his own irrefutable evidence of climate change to the dozing hushed audience:

All you need to do is look out your window. …For the first time in memory, the Augusta National azaleas bloomed and wilted before the first golfers teed off at this year's Masters.
This discovery is already revolutionizing the way scientific research is conducted as scientists all over the world have already begun discarding lab equipment, notes, journals and other trappings of tired old empirical method in favor of staring out windows at plants to validate their hypotheses.

Supporters of AGW theory note President Obama himself has made over 100 fact-finding trips to golf courses attempting to validate for himself the accuracy of azalea-confirmed cliimate change. Aides expect him to report his findings shortly before basketball season begins.

Vice Admiral Kerry continued:

Climate change is one of two or three of the most serious threats our country now faces, if not the most serious, and the silence that has enveloped a once robust debate is staggering for its irresponsibility.
Experts such as those at the U.N. and World Wildlife Federation agree, we cannot have a serious debate about climate change as long as one side refuses to admit it exists! It is impossible to explain things to people who refuse to shut up and listen when we talk.

We in the Party are also baffled by the fools of the world who refuse to believe in modern ideas such Keynesian economics, scientific Marxism, climate change and other state-approved facts. We've explained this to them over and over and over again: these are all things that should be true, therefore they must be. It seems so obvious, like anti-poverty programs curing poverty. What could go wrong? What more do we have to do to convince them?

Admiral Kerry finally concluded his thoroughly insightful remarks:

“Frankly, those who look for any excuse to continue challenging the science have a fundamental responsibility that they have never fulfilled: Prove us wrong or stand down. …And by the way—good luck in the effort!”
Yes, good luck, deniers... We have Al Gore, Fleet Admiral Kerry, Ed Begley, numerous hockey sticks and azaleas on our side. What do you have? The science is settled. Presidents Gore and Kerry say so.

*"Prove us wrong or stand down" is yacht-speak for "Shut Up!"
Last edited by Opiate of the People on 6/20/2012, 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason for editing this post: Added Kerry to English translation

Interestingly, azaleas and golf course grass are two of the many natural herbs and flowers that are used in the production of Arab Spring™ Morgue Freshener. And - shocking though it may seem to the non-scientifically-minded and other teabaggers - wilted azaleas produce a much nicer and better concealing fragrance than fresh azaleas!

AS.jpg

What part of "Because we said so" and "Sit down and shut up" don't these teabagging deniers understand? Our scientists should dust off the old ECT lab equipment and give them a "convincing" demonstration.

How can you possibly have a discussion if the other side refuses to agree with your position in every detail and admit that they are just dirty, dirty liars paid by the Koch brothers?

"Prove Us Wrong or Stand Down"

OK

time-magazine-april-1977.jpg

Crisis averted...be thankful...now go sit in the corner.

So what did I win?

Well played! Imagine using published media to prove a point! Who'd have thunk it possible?

Even if I were allowed to look out my window, I wouldn't see this place called Augusta? This must be a glorious place where members of the politburo and and the elites of academia meet to and consider seriously the best interests of the proletariat.

If Comrade Non-person believes that he can divinate through the azaleas at this place called Augusta, who am I to question it? I must believe he and others are working diligently to avoid any cataclysmic interruption to the beet harvest. So long as I get my beet and vodka ration, I have to accept those who according to their means run the country are fulfilling my needs.

I cannot believe that my esteemed comrades are missing Comrade Kerry's point: assert without evidence, demand to be shown to be wrong, then claim victory.

I am the reincarnation of Stalin. Prove that I'm not or stand down. Since you've had to stand down, report to the Blue Dolphin prison. Where you will share a cell of 50 square feet, inside another cell, and you can not lie on your bed more than a few hours a day. A stool is provided for your comfort. [ This is actually true about the Blue Dolphin. ]

Comrade Kerry,
Is such a humble man, the title he took was not captain, but "Admiral of the Ocean Seas". Just to save you confusion over who he thinks he is!

To deny man-made global warming is to deny two Fundamental Truths: 1) that every individual is a burden on the collective, and 2) that economic prosperity will be the downfall of advanced civilization. Trees are the enemy of the forest! How fortunate we are to have leaders such as Kerry. Their ability to reconcile contradictions is an inspiration to us all!

Loaf, the graphics are merely Soviet Institutional. What's wrong with that? You have seen of course the graphics which Dear President Kardashian used in 2008.

Red is Tribute, you are a newbie here and I'm a Made Prog. In fact the Madeest of the Progs. For I, and pardon while I cough while swelling my chest after a lifetime of smoking Cuban cigars, am Father Prog Theocritus, and I pull reality out of my ass every morning.

Because I'm a made prog. See how that goes?

Do not worry about inconsistencies. There is nothing to fret over. There are no crimes, only criminals. Repeat after me. There are no crimes, only criminals.

Tovarichi wrote:Well played! Imagine using published media to prove a point! Who'd have thunk it possible?

I wish I had some old public school text books from the 70's...it may help cure the mass amnesia my colleagues have mysteriously developed.

Did anyone notice the other interesting thing about New Paradigm's April 1977 Time cover?

14244.jpg
Here it is in case you missed it: over the TIME masthead, in white letters on black background, the statement: "Beyond Detente: Why We Can't Beat The Soviets"

Of course, less than 15 years later the whole USSR mess would collapse in a broken heap like a Greek government bond.

Someone remind me... why the hell did we ever listen to these morons?

Opiate - to understand this, you need to learn to Think Globally™.

This graph also explains why the Middle East stinks. Our answer: Arab Spring air freshener.

Opiate, I am shocked, SHOCKED, to read your disrespect of that paradigm of proggery, Time. Every year I'm so pleased to hear that they survived when they do their Person of the Year thing. It's like CNN. The Little Train That Could.

After all, with Margaret Carlson, who is the perfect prog since nothing she's ever said was right, as bad as Eleanor Clift and Froma Harrup. what could be wrong?

Except that she's always wrong. And Richard Lacayo too. No brains, all attitude.

No ethics, just taste.

I love it.

Comrade Square - People's science expert Gore also knows we must "Think Globally, Act Locally" when fighting global warming.... at least, that's what he tells the high-priced womyn climate advisors who come to his hotel rooms when he's on the road at important climate conferences.

Father Prog, CNN has found the path to success... US audiences do not matter when the world loves them.

[A]s a business, CNN is on track to net nearly $600 million in operating profit this year, a record high, which means that in the statistic that matters most, the network is anything but “ailing.”
So how does CNN make so much money with such lousy ratings? Oddly enough, the secret is its oft-derided non-partisan perspective and its international presence. In May, Jeff Bewkes, the CEO of Time Warner, CNN's parent company, told shareholders the $600 million figure was linked to its international success. Though often under-appreciated in the States, CNN International, has its tentacles everywhere, as the Financial Times' Emily Steel and Andrew Edgecliffe-Johnson reported last month. “Its global network CNN International, available in more than 265 million households across more than 200 countries, has reported record growth in audience and ad revenues this year,” they reported. And if you're looking for where it compensates for its meager primetime ratings, look no further than this stat: “CNN International accounts for 20 percent of CNN's global revenue, a spokeswoman says, or twice the contribution from US primetime ads,” they reported. “About half of CNN Worldwide's revenues come from fees from cable and satellite distributors, which research firm SNL Kagan estimates will hit $17 billion in the US alone this year, up 9.3 percent from 2011.”

https://pjmedia.com/eddriscoll/2012/06/ ... h-profits/

Now, if they can only think up a way to make Time magazine more appealing before they have to sell it to some idiot rich prog for a dollar as a hobby/tax write-off.

Father Prog Theocritus wrote:Red is Tribute, you are a newbie here and I'm a Made Prog. In fact the Madeest of the Progs. For I, and pardon while I cough while swelling my chest after a lifetime of smoking Cuban cigars, am Father Prog Theocritus, and I pull reality out of my ass every morning.

Papa Theo,

Indeed... I knew something sprang fully-formed from you somewhere on a daily basis... now I know exactly what, and from whence it springs...

Will we have to rename you Father Daedalus? (or maybe just whisper it quietly every other Tuesday?)... It's all so labyrinthine... I've lost my place again...

Mythically yours,
Sis
(if us... "If.. if.. if we... If.. if.. if we... If.. if.. if we..." ... extra points for anyone who gets the really really cryptic reference...)

Father Prog Theocritus wrote: Red is Tribute, you are a newbie here and I'm a Made Prog. In fact the Madeest of the Progs. For I, and pardon while I cough while swelling my chest after a lifetime of smoking Cuban cigars, am Father Prog Theocritus, and I pull reality out of my ass every morning.
Comrade Father, while I understand first hand how difficult it is to keep from fully savoring the essence of exquisite communist smoke, nevertheless the Party recommends that you DO NOT inhale!

Damn. Been way too long since I had a Cuban Montecristo #2...

Saw this today regarding the scientist who started it all, James Lovelock

https://www.torontosun.com/2012/06/22/green-drivel

Green ‘drivel' exposed

The godfather of global warming lowers the boom on climate change hysteria

Lovelock has now come out in favour of natural gas fracking (which environmentalists also oppose), as a low-polluting alternative to coal....

Lovelock blasted greens for treating global warming like a religion....

Lovelock mocks the idea modern economies can be powered by wind turbines.
As he puts it, “so-called ‘sustainable development' … is meaningless drivel … We rushed into renewable energy without any thought. The schemes are largely hopelessly inefficient and unpleasant. I personally can't stand windmills at any price.”

Finally, about claims “the science is settled” on global warming: “One thing that being a scientist has taught me is that you can never be certain about anything. You never know the truth. You can only approach it and hope to get a bit nearer to it each time. You iterate towards the truth. You don't know it.”

Note to Seaman John Kerry.... Prove him wrong or STFU!

Opiate of the People wrote:Image
Did anyone notice the other interesting thing about New Paradigm's April 1977 Time cover?

14244.jpg
Here it is in case you missed it: over the TIME masthead, in white letters on black background, the statement: "Beyond Detente: Why We Can't Beat The Soviets"

Of course, less than 15 years later the whole USSR mess would collapse in a broken heap like a Greek government bond.

Someone remind me... why the hell did we ever listen to these morons?

It's simple really, at this stage of your life you have a million responsibilities. Whenever you have some free time (HA) you will try to enjoy yourself. You don't have the time to explain to your kids what all the scientific experts were telling you years ago.

The beauty of students is that they have no idea what happened years back...and only we can educate them!

Did you guys know that Stalinism wasn't communism?

Did you know that Reagan had ZERO to do with the fall of the USSR?

Did you know the quote is "What have you wrought?" "A DEMOCRACY if you can keep it."

Did you know that Greedo shot at Han Solo first?

Did you know that Hitler never used rhetoric that called for the heads of the 1%?

Image Did you know that if you hired one certified genius for every 16 students in NYC public schools at a salary of 300K... and gave each student $100 per day for lunch it would cost less than what we are currently spending?

Opiate of the People wrote:Image
Saw this today regarding the scientist who started it all, James Lovelock

https://www.torontosun.com/2012/06/22/green-drivel

Green ‘drivel' exposed

The godfather of global warming lowers the boom on climate change hysteria

Well, for f**k's sake... if you quote are most retarded, most left wing, hard toilet paper of a news rags in this city, of course, you're going to find this kind of garbage... This is the only local paper I WILL NEVER subscribe to, because they are a bunch of Israel-hating, left-hugging morons... Our other three local papers actually had balanced, non-biased reporting on Lovelock's comments, one even going so far as to quote him on his belief that many climate 'pundits' aren't actually scientists or climatologist, but political "scientists" and commentators, and no more... and those who are actual scientists are so terrified of losing their government grants that they won't go against the status quo... they're living would go away, along with their reason for existing, and they'd have to justify themselves by doing real science, in effect...

Right now I'm getting the last three daily papers... one because it's a free 3 month trial that I'll cancel next month, and the other two because they're balanced and worth getting.. and as I said, I'd never subscribe to the first, The Toronto Star. It also happens to be the only one of our four local papers that aggressively tries to recruit new subscribers so I get a phone call at least once, if not twice a week from some poor sod sitting in some call centre, just trying to make a living... The conversation usually proceeds something like this:

CALLER: Hello, I'm calling from the Toronto Star. I'd like to offe....

ME: No, thank you.

CALLER (asking apparently required question according to script): It really is a great deal. May I inquire why you're not interested in trying a trial subscription as this reduced rate?

ME: Sure, and please feel free to record my response word for word.

CALLER: Okay!

ME: I won't ever give The Toronto Star a cent of my money because it is a racist, anti-semitic, biased rag that, in my opinion, publishes hate literature.

CALLER: Gobsmacked silence....

ME: You asked, so I assume you record my comment... I'll repeat it for you if you like so you can get it exactly... word for word...

CALLER: Ooookay... go ahead...

(I can hear them typing it out... for a long time I couldn't imagine anyone actually read them because they call twice a week and I repeat this exercise at least twice a month and they still call me... I've even made a point of asking why, when I say the same thing over and over, and my comments are so strident, and they faithfully record what I say, they continue to call me, but they just tell me they work at a call centre... )

ME: Okay... so... you getting all this?

CALLER (typing madly): Mm-hmm...

ME:...because it is a racist, anti-semitic, biased rag that, in my opinion, publishes hate literature. Got that?

CALLER: Uh-huh...

ME: Great! Can I speak to your manager please? It's nothing to do with you and I understand you're just doing your job. I just have a question for them. In fact, I'll tell them how polite and patient you were with me.

CALLER: Okay.... Just a sec...

(Muzak on the line... )

MANAGER: Hello Ms. Sister Massively Opiated. How can I help you today?

ME: Well... first, just to let you know, Mandy (or John, or Francine, or whatever the employee's name was) was very polite and patient and I didn't ask to speak to you to complain about them, so please know that they are an excellent employee.

MANAGER: Well thank you for letting me know that. That's excellent to hear.

ME: I was just wondering, because you guys call me twice a week and at least a couple times a month you record my comments on why I won't even accept a free trial subscription to the Toronto Star, why you keep calling me. So first, I wondered if anyone ever reads my comments?

MANAGER: Well, yes... we pass them along to circulation and management.

ME: Okay... Because I'm pretty strident in my point of view... some might say offensive, even. So I'm wondering if they think that I'll one day capitulate on the basis that I might want to know what my enemy is thinking...

MANAGER: Pardon?

ME: Can you see my comment?

MANAGER: Um... yes...

ME: Can you read it back to me?

MANAGER: Um... Okay... (reads it back to me)...

ME: Well, it's pretty strong, don't you think?

MANAGER: Um.... Yes... I suppose...

ME: But yet, you, and by you, I mean the Toronto Star, still calls me at least twice a week, and at least two or three times a month when you ask me why I don't want a subscription, I make you guys write down this long, opinionated comment, so I'm wondering if they believe that one day I'll say yes to the subscription on the basis that I'll want to know what the enemy is doing... Do they actually read my comment?

MANAGER: I believe so...

ME: So that's what it is then....

MANAGER: I guess. I can't really say. We're just a call centre.

ME: So you don't know if they actually read my comment!

MANAGER: I'm pretty sure they do. They wouldn't waste time having us collect the information if they didn't.

ME: Okay... So that's what it must be. Thanks!

MANAGER: You're welcome.

ME: Well... Have a nice evening.

MANAGER: You too!

ME: Bye.

MANAGER: Bye.

Just to make myself sound more like a complete conspiracy theorist, it's the only reason I can think of that they keep calling, especially since I take up so much of their time, and they try and bang out as many calls as they can, and I've never once said yes... So, it's the only reason I can think of... They actually think that one day I'll want to know what the enemy is thinking, because otherwise, I'm wasting a lot of their resources, over and over... but it won't happen because they are so predictable I don't need to. And because they are so predictable, I wouldn't even accept a free trial subscription from them as it would require me to disinfect the area outside my apartment door in the same fashion as if someone had placed a burning paper bag of dog excrement on it, forcing me to stamp it out for the safety of not only myself but the entire building, yet they still call and they still faithfully type out my comment... I know because at one point I stopped believing they were actually typing out exactly what I was saying because I believed that they couldn't possibly be continuing to call me if someone actually had read my comment, and the manager read my comment back to me word for word... So they actually do record what I ask them to... and the managers always say that someone does, in fact, read the comments of people who turn down their excessively good subscription deals... and yet so aggressive are their subscription campaigns that not once has anyone ever asked me if I'd like to be taken off their calling list, and I've never requested it, because I figure if they call me and make me an offer and ask me why I don't want it, and are wiling to record what I say, I might as well take a few minutes to say it...

I have, however, threatened them with calling the police when they knock on my door every couple weeks, as there's a "No Soliciting, No Canvassing" sign on the front door of the building, and so they're trespassing and I don't answer my door unless I know someone is coming because they've phoned to tell me they are, or I've buzzed them in... and everyone that knows me knows to call and/or buzz first because if I'm having a bad day and having trouble walking, they don't want to disturb me... my friends in the building always call if they want to come by because they know this, and anyone else would buzz... So the only people who knock on my door unannounced are people soliciting or canvassing.... selling papers or trying to sign my up to lock in my hydro rate or religious canvassers, and none are welcome...

In any case, it's a small pleasure to tell anyone from the Toronto Star... even someone working in some call centre... what I think of their excremental publication... You might as well have quoted People's Tribune...

Dear Sister, from time to time salesmen call the office. These days they don't get through; the women are a Praetorian guard and enjoy it. But when people got through, they'd assume that all the Jiffy Lobos are the same. This is not in fact the case. This is the first Jiffy Lobo, and I have a chain of Jiffy Lobos, but people would call and ask for the serial number on the three-phase Roto-Rooter that Dr. Mengele uses to suppress those awful thoughts.

From the serial number they could divine the maker, and then they'd send, unbidden, new ball bearings, grease and other maintenance parts.

I'd ask the salesman, "Does your mother know you lie for a living?" and then hang up.

Another good one is when someone calls, "I'd like to speak to the lady of the household. And no, do NOT let Bruno take one of those calls. You'll be up to your ass in cosmetics and fake stones. "Like a rhinestone gay boy..." does not go down well.

When asked, you reply, "I'd like to speak to my wife too, but she was killed by a drunk last week." Savor the gulping, then hang up.

Sister, please don't be Minotaury about my name; Father Prog is just fine. Only a Cretan would object to that. However, in the middle of the night, when crooned by some silly person, it can have an Icarus sound. However, I don't want my complaints about Bruno to wax too great, lest he get more feathers and I hate feathers.

Oh, STFU. That was HARDER than it looks.

Myself, for several years when being haranged - by phone or at the local capitalist food mart - I've merely replied that "I quit reading Pravda many years ago."

It shuts them up and I walk on, because:

a) (99% of the time) they have no idea what I just said and stand there in a daze trying to figure it out

b) (1% of the time) they understand exactly what I said and realize there's no hope for me

:)

Father Prog Theocritus wrote:Sister, please don't be Minotaury about my name; Father Prog is just fine. Only a Cretan would object to that. However, in the middle of the night, when crooned by some silly person, it can have an Icarus sound. However, I don't want my complaints about Bruno to wax too great, lest he get more feathers and I hate feathers.

Oh, STFU. That was HARDER than it looks.

Indeed!... and it's been a while since we've had a full-on Pun-Fest that few but us could understand. Our ongoing Current Truth Debate using only Quantum Mechanics lingo was so long ago, my Einstein-Bose Condensate has completely evaporated and I'm left feeling like a complete Boson in floppy shoes and a red nose...

Besides, your complaints about Bruno could never wax as much as he does to keep himself that hairless. It's truly awe-inspiring, so shiny and reflective is he that I require a full-on welding mask to look anywhere in his vicinity. The feathers wouldn't be so bothersome, BTW, if he used a little tar.

When asked, you reply, "I'd like to speak to my wife too, but she was killed by a drunk last week." Savor the gulping, then hang up.
Believe me, I have actually used this tactic... many times... even including hiccupy hitches in my breathing, warning of a full-on sob-fest (ironical, really, given that there was a time when I actually would have preferred my then-husband dead by some horrible means.... had dreams of getting a knock on the door and finding a police officer standing there, hat in hand, to tell me, regretfully, he'd been hit by a bus... It would have saved me so much emotional agony... but I digress...)... No, this is a tactic I myself do actually use... Just not with the The Toronto Star, since they'd probably ask if I wanted to purchase space for a memorial... It is a very satisfying tactic, though, especially when they try to sell me life insurance...

One thing I have discovered is that religious groups have very poor vocabularies... When they knock on my door and I tell them there are no Solicitors or Canvassers allowed in the building, they instantly tell me they're not selling anything, which is actually funny... but when I tell them they fall under the category of "Canvassers", they often look at me blankly. So often has this happened that I copied the definition of "canvass" our of my Oxford Shorter English dictionary, and stuck it by magnet, to the inside of my front door so that I could read it to them... They often simply stare at me, uncomprehending, even after I've read it to them, which leads me to wonder why I would want to join a religion whose members don't even understand basic English, given that it appears to be the first language of those who knock on my door... So I have a large stack of Bibles (you can never have enough badly translated interpretations of religious texts from the original Ancient Greek or Aramaic, as reference material, I say... and you know how I am about collecting reference material)... and I figure if I take the thing, it means I don't have to try to talk to them and they'll have less left to bother everybody else with.... And you can never have enough doorstops... The only issue I have is if they knock on my door on Friday nights or Saturdays, given I have a mezuzah on it, so they know I'm Jewish... Then they get an earful and my door in their face... if they can't be polite in their proselytizing, why should I be polite in my response to it?

R.O.C.K. in the USSA wrote:Myself, for several years when being haranged - by phone or at the local capitalist food mart - I've merely replied that "I quit reading Pravda many years ago."

It shuts them up and I walk on, because:

a) (99% of the time) they have no idea what I just said and stand there in a daze trying to figure it out

b) (1% of the time) they understand exactly what I said and realize there's no hope for me

:)

Yeah, but this only works if you're out and about someplace, and I rarely get out... We did used to have people handing out copies of Socialist Worker (a communist 'newspaper' that I think started in the UK, but has a Canadian version)... and there are lots of homeless people who try to panhandle by selling a 'paper' about homeless issues... I can't remember what it's called... But I know the 'regulars' in my neighbourhood, who are actually homeless and aren't drunks or drug addicts... just sort of lost... and aside from the occasional dollar or two, I sometimes buy them lunch or dinner, give them clothes, or get them a bag of food for their dogs, if they have them... They're harmless and they defend they're 'territory' from the drunks and crackheads, and are extremely loyal to the neighbourhood... It might sound odd, but there aren't many of them in my area, and so there's a certain detente... There are going to be some homeless, given that I lived in a mixed retail/residential area, and so I'd rather have people who would come to my defense without thinking, and have, than a bunch of druggies who I have to worry about when I go to the bank machine, or would break into my apartment if they got into my building. Sometimes, if it's really cold out, there's one particular guy who we let into the laundry room at night after nobody's in there, and pay for the machines so he can do his laundry and there's a washroom in there where he can wash up... And when one of the 'locals' died a couple years ago, somebody in the building adopted his dog... Like I said, I'd rather have them watch my back, then stab me in it.

This is all very equal, Dearest Sister of Prodigious Opiations - and besides, one never knows when an extra hand or three may be needed in one's beet fields!

I like living in a redneck town, including redneck Mexicans. Most of them are. They're not stupid enough to believe things that progressives believe, and if there was a prowler, they'd all be out with guns.

I heard about an incident in which a neighborhood had been bedeviled by a drive-by shooter. They had an idea who it was. He stopped in again, and got out, and a large Mexican woman got incensed and chased him through the desert, screaming at him in Spanish and trying to kill him.

Richly comic, and I bet he never came back. That sort of thing does the heart good.