Economic Sandy Soon to Make Landfall?

Economic_Hurricane.jpg

[img]/red/images/clipart/Cone_of_Silence/Cone_of_Silence_MrEd.jpg[/img]
Here's reality. The incoming tax hikes to fund Obamacare may coincide with the expiration of the Bush tax cuts. This could be the economic equivalent of Hurricane Sandy rolling into a cold front.

Following up on the provided link, you'll see that some of the first companies to lay off and cut back are providers of medical equipment! How's that for improving health care right out of the box? However, I digress...

I saw a great comment on a friend's Facebook page, "We wouldn't need austerity measures if there wasn't an entitlement mentality." To expand on that, austerity will be felt in two stages if it comes: on the working Americans first, and then the non-working Americans second. The difference is that those who work will at least know what hit them while those who don't will be completely unprepared.

If it comes to that, what would happen next?

How much farther must we go before we hit the rebound point?

Are there enough informed Americans to even know what we've lost over the last two centuries to think of anything other than returning to a welfare state?

What think you, my well informed comrades?

Lest I despair in my circumstances, I praise the LORD for Malachi 3:6 among other Scriptures. All is not lost, and the ultimate end after this life's tribulations is really good.
Here's an encouraging temporal thought: What about the state legislatures? Trying not to get caught up in the emotion and despair of the moment, I still believe the federal government has become irretrievably lost. Democrats rule, Republicans comply (with a few, but not enough happy exceptions). States might try nullification, then, well, if at first you don't secede...

Komissar Blogunov wrote: Are there enough informed Americans to even know what we've lost over the last two centuries to think of anything other than returning to a welfare state?
That there's a big negatory, Comrade Blogunov - what we got here is a convoy of illiterate, dumbed down 'Murkins!

I'm ordering the Rosetta Stone Basic Texan course.

R.O.C.K. in the USSA wrote: That there's a big negatory, Comrade Blogunov - what we got is a convoy of illiterate, dumbed down 'Murkins!

Well Rock, here's THIS for proof-

https://thepeoplescube.com/post150275.html#150275

Komissar Blogunov wrote:Image
I'm ordering the Rosetta Stone Basic Texan course.

and yet basic Costa Rican dialect tapes are FLYING off the shelves here in Texas...

Comrade Scratchanitch, yip PER, that's about the size of that one!

Makes a 'Murkin feel good 'bout bein' a 'Murkin, don't it?