CNN to grill Democrat candidates using Fox News debate style

[img]/images/Debate_GOP_Fox_News.jpg[/img]

Following the ratings success of Fox News in its presentation of the first Republican presidential primary debate, CNN has decided to mirror the GOP debate's formula and tone when it hosts the first of six Democrat Presidential debates on October 13.

Jeff Zucker, president of CNN, tipped his hat to Fox: "I have to admit that they did a fantastic job and really held the candidates' feet to the fire. I saw the numbers like everyone else did, and I want those ratings for CNN."

Fox, a conservative-leaning news outlet, was widely expected to be a friendly forum for GOP presidential candidates, but in a surprising twist, debate moderators Bret Baier, Megyn Kelly and Chris Wallace threw hardballs all night against the ten leading candidates.

In rare praise of the rival news organization, CNN's Brian Stelter lauded the "almost unanimous positive reviews" generated by "Fox's tough debate questions." Other media figures and commentators agreed, describing the moderators in terms such as "tough," "brilliant" and "pitbulls."

"We haven't decided on moderators for the first debate yet," Zucker said, "but it has to be a group that can match the intensity of the people at Fox."

"Where Fox asked Chris Christie about Jersey's nine credit downgrades, I want our people asking Martin O'Malley about the crippling taxes he imposed on Maryland," continued Zucker. "Where Megyn grilled Donald Trump about his statements that women are pigs, I want CNN grilling Bernie Sanders about that 'women fantasize about gang rape' essay he wrote."

"Where Jeb Bush had to defend his support for Common Core and John Kasich had to sweat through a question about his decision to expand Medicaid, Secretary-Senator Clinton should be hammered until we finally get answers about her ties to the Clinton Foundation. Like, 'how many people has the Clinton Foundation lifted from poverty and oppression thanks to your tireless efforts?' The American people deserve to know, and it makes for great television," CNN president said.

"next question to Mrs Clinton: Ma'am, with the controversy of Benghazi, and an e-mail server all over the news, and your successor at the State department feeding the Iranians a nuclear weapons program on a silver platter paid for by US taxpayers with money that should go towards Planned Parenthood, how do you like being a grandmother?"

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:"how do you like being a grandmother?"
I was three seconds from putting that in the post comrade. Am I under surveillance?

Grill candidates!? DEMOCRATIC ones!? Well, whatever CNN says is okay, they ARE American Izvestiya after all...

I'll take mine Medium-Well with a side of Mashed potatoes and gravy. I'll also have the unlimited salad bar.

Kilroy wrote:.... Am I under surveillance?
Always, and in every way imagined

Why no, Comrade. Is there something troubling you that you might need to confess?

No, no, NO!

You've got it all wrong! The way to grill a democrat is with pointed questions about Republicans! For example

Ask Martin O'Malley what he thinks about New Jersey's nine credit downgrades while Chrispy Creme was at the helm.

Ask Bernie Sanders why anyone would support a misogynist like Donald Trump.

These are the questions the American People want answered, not some tawdry, behind the scenes ambush. Those are for the People's Enemies.

trump-2016-600.jpg

Will they attack Hillary like they did Trump?

IT'S ON NOW - ANOTHER PROGRESSIVE THINKER JOINS THE RACE

I do hope the debate will once and for all clear up our MTE's preferences for the best flavor of ice cream.

[color=#C0392B]Red Walrus[/color] inadvertently picked on the wrong hillbilly when he wrote:
IT'S ON NOW - ANOTHER PROGRESSIVE THINKER JOINS THE RACE
Comrade Red Walrus - I would lay low for a while if I were you!

hillbilly-twins-love-red-walrus.jpg

Comrade Putout wrote:.
red-walrus-hideout.jpg

You better look out Putout! Walrus there's giving you some pretty randy looks! Combined with that mating dance, those bushy eyebrows that are standing at attention like a soldier, and that quick-release scarf around his ball and chain, you got a helluva case on your hands! I'd recommend sleeping with a hatchet, a good, absorbent rag, and a jug of chloroform.

Comrade Stierlitz wrote:... I'd recommend sleeping with a hatchet, a good, absorbent rag, and a jug of chloroform.
Isn't that just another Saturday night date for her?

Kilroy wrote:
Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:"how do you like being a grandmother?"
I was three seconds from putting that in the post comrade. Am I under surveillance?
Dear Komrade Killroy. We are ALL under surveillance!

...On a different note, Grilled Democrats, yum!