Diversity rocks the Rockettes with addition of Muslim dancer

[img]/images/Rockettes_Muslim_Dancer.jpg[/img]

New York, NY--The Rockettes have announced their intention to comply with the recent Supreme Court's ruling that exemptions must be made for employees whose religious obligations may conflict with employer dress code policies.

Handed down earlier this year, the Supreme Court verdict required Abercrombie and Fitch to make a religious exemption for an employee who wished to wear Muslim garb in the form of a hijab, despite the fact that the company's policy explicitly prohibits the wearing of any headwear not sold by the chain of fashion outlets.

That case centered on an employee who did not wear the religious head-covering to her job interview with the store's manager. The Rockettes did not give an official explanation, but sources close to the organization say that this case is different because the employee was already a Rockette for several years before recently converting to Islam. The SCOTUS ruling against A&F makes it a criminal offense to prevent the dancer from wearing clothing required by her faith on the job.

An unnamed Broadway critic writing for a notable publication admires her progressive courage, saying off the record, "I envision a day when all of the Rockettes will have the courage to follow this bold act of modesty. This can-can dancer has really challenged the status-quo and brought decency back to the stage."

But critics of the SCOTUS ruling are asking, "Where do we draw the line? Will we now be forced to allow tribal medicine men and satanic high priests to wear their religious costumes at their day jobs as bankers, lawyers, wedding planners, funeral directors, or government service employees?"

Comrade KP! This will be a most interesting display of true diversity. How wonderful it will be to negate the graphic display of actual women's bodies showing joy and actual reality of the feminine form.

It would be most interesting if the Rockettes actually performed a routine clothed in black burquas. Perhaps this would be a lesson to all. Nah. Don't think so.

Nonetheless, let's do the Rockettes in Burqua-mode. Cool.

Awesome!

It would be great if someone had a picture of this. A blur of black, if that's possible.

Black shuts out all light. However, I just know there is a way!

Yes, Comrade Kell! That's perfect! Perfect monotony, the collectivists ideal. Thanks for giving us all a glimpse into the future! Awesome!

Konservative_Punk wrote:
Religious Rockette.jpg
But critics of the SCOTUS ruling are asking, "Where do we draw the line? For example, are we now forced to allow tribal medicine men and satanic high priests to wear their religious costumes while acting in their capacity as bankers, lawyers, and government service employees?

You mean they don't already do this? I thought the religious costume of Satanic High Priests is a suit and tie, occasionally covered by a black robe. Am I mistaken?

Kapitan Kangaroo Kourt wrote:
Konservative_Punk wrote:
Religious Rockette.jpg
But critics of the SCOTUS ruling are asking, "Where do we draw the line? For example, are we now forced to allow tribal medicine men and satanic high priests to wear their religious costumes while acting in their capacity as bankers, lawyers, and government service employees?

You mean they don't already do this? I thought the religious costume of Satanic High Priests is a suit and tie, occasionally covered by a black robe. Am I mistaken?

I stand corrected comrade KKK. You know, it had crossed my mind that the female justices lack only a head covering to achieve full compliance with the new standard of respect and admiration (even Hillary wears a head-covering in certain company).

Konservative_Punk wrote:
Konservative_Punk wrote:
Religious Rockette.jpg

I stand corrected comrade KKK. You know, it had crossed my mind that the female justices lack only a head covering to achieve full compliance with the new standard of respect and admiration [highlight=#ffff00](even Hillary wears a head-covering in certain company)[/highlight].

Well, that's just because she didn't take the time to wash her hair, that's all. Pfft!

I shall add this to my list of "143 Reasons I Shall Never Visit NYC."

Lev Termen wrote:I shall add this to my list of "143 Reasons I Shall Never Visit NYC."

Komrade Termen, you are misguided! Diversity is the best, although Diversity of thought is to be shunned and denounced. I hope you have ordered a reeducation course or are taking one.

The only reason I will ever go to NYC is for work or to see Phantom of the Opera and Les Miserable on Broadway. And I'll bring food and drink and sleep in my vehicle to support their economy as little as possible.

Comrade Stierlitz wrote:
Lev Termen wrote:I shall add this to my list of "143 Reasons I Shall Never Visit NYC."

Komrade Termen, you are misguided! Diversity is the best, although Diversity of thought is to be shunned and denounced. I hope you have ordered a reeducation course or are taking one.

The only reason I will ever go to NYC is for work or to see Phantom of the Opera and Les Miserable on Broadway. And I'll bring food and drink and sleep in my vehicle to support their economy as little as possible.

Just make certain your food is halal and low-sodium, and that your beverage is no larger than sixteen ounces. You may smoke anything except tobacco, and leave your sidearm at home. You may also be required to purchase a parking permit.

Konservative_Punk wrote:Just make certain your food is halal and low-sodium, and that your beverage is no larger than sixteen ounces. You may smoke anything except tobacco, and leave your sidearm at home. You may also be required to purchase a parking permit.

Komrade, I have two sidearms, a left one and a right one. I use the right one to write with and the left one to strap my watch on. I drive with both of them. Do I have to chop them off to enter NYC or do I have to obtain a Concealed Carry permit?

Comrade Stierlitz wrote:
Konservative_Punk wrote:Just make certain your food is halal and low-sodium, and that your beverage is no larger than sixteen ounces. You may smoke anything except tobacco, and leave your sidearm at home. You may also be required to purchase a parking permit.

Komrade, I have two sidearms, a left one and a right one. I use the right one to write with and the left one to strap my watch on. I drive with both of them. Do I have to chop them off to enter NYC or do I have to obtain a Concealed Carry permit?

Depends on what you wish to carry. You will need a permit to carry the aforementioned contraband within the city limits... Carrying a shovel makes you equal to your comrades, don't leave home without it!

OK, I'll do it.

Here's the Rockette's in black:

Rockettes_Muslim_Dancer Black copy.jpg

I mean, seriously, is that not a beautiful item? - Jerry Carvel, Carvel Ice Cream.

Just in case you need a break from the usual dark advertising, there's this:

By the way, all these women are deaf.

Yeah, this is cool. Enjoy!

Comrade Stierlitz wrote:

The only reason I will ever go to NYC is for work or to see Phantom of the Opera and Les Miserable on Broadway. And I'll bring food and drink [highlight=#ffff00]and sleep in my vehicle[/highlight] to support their economy as little as possible.

Big shot! "My vehicle." Get down off your high horse and sleep in a doorway like the rest of us?

Captain Craptek wrote:Big shot! "My vehicle." Get down off your high horse and sleep in a doorway like the rest of us?

Well, look who's all high and mighty. If you were a True Prole ™ , you would know that a doorway IS my vehicle. You can hook them to cars on the motorway or trains on the railway for a Redistributed Ride ™ or you can go down hills on them sled-style.

mi
Comrades, I must admit... Though I'm somewhat desensitized to the ladies in the standard rockets' attire, the girl's outlines under the dark cloth have given me -- to borrow an expression from the era of Clinton's (William) scandal investigations -- a refreshing feeling of solidity.

Konservative_Punk wrote:
Religious Rockette.jpg

[highlight=#ffff00]You mean they don't already do this?[/highlight] I thought the religious costume of Satanic High Priests is a suit and tie, occasionally covered by a black robe. Am I mistaken?

Life imitates The People's Cube:

Hindu woman fired from US military for 'witchcraft'

Konservative_Punk wrote: Life imitates The People's Cube:

Hindu woman fired from US military for 'witchcraft'

Perhaps that site is the Indian version of the Cube... Or the Onion. I can't imagine anyone in uniform actually saying things like that. Despite media's insistence that the armed services are close-minded bigots, "anything goes" is the name of the game. Hinduism is tame compared to a lot of what goes on.

I'm wondering if this means that the military should refrain from engaging in war against people of "different" religions in order to prove how tolerant we are.

mi
Kapitan Kangaroo Kourt wrote:I'm wondering if this means that the military should refrain from engaging in war against people of "different" religions in order to prove how tolerant we are.
Of course! Attacking Christianity is Ok, however...

Unfortunately a strain of dissent is percolating with ISIS. Hopefully they will be able to contain this small uprising

Allah willing, this small uprising will be soon crushed.
diversity.jpg