The Head Start Big Lie Against Our Children

head start.jpg
Right Wing shills have found a friend in the Department of Health and Human Services and their despicable Head Start Study. Lyndon Johnson is rolling over in his very grave. What will they say next, we are losing the war on poverty?

It is now 45 years later. We spend more than $7 billion providing Head Start to nearly 1 million children each year. And finally there is indisputable evidence about the program's effectiveness, provided by the Department of Health and Human Services: Head Start simply does not work.

According to the Head Start Impact Study, which was quite comprehensive, the positive effects of the program were minimal and vanished by the end of first grade. Head Start graduates performed about the same as students of similar income and social status who were not part of the program. These results were so shocking that the HHS team sat on them for several years, according to Russ Whitehurst of the Brookings Institution, who said, "I guess they were trying to rerun the data to see if they could come up with anything positive. They couldn't."

dont bother me kid.jpg

"I guess they were trying to rerun the data to see if they could come up with anything positive. They couldn't."

Well surely, this is no reason to discontinue the program (or the spending.) After all, 45 years is not enough time for a program to prove its value to the common good. What would become of green energy, electric cars, etc, etc, if we give up on great ideas so quickly, hmmm?

Exactly, we did not evolve from dino snot overnight. All things worth while take time. Besides, if only one single child is saved it's worth it. Which is why we need to kill the little bastards before they break cover. The expense is killing Utopia.

This study was provably flawed by the fact that it did not serve the party line. Flawed studies should not be released. The kulak who released this needs to be found and his beet vodka ration taken away.

It's going to take decades, nay, centuries to even slightly fix the damage caused by Bush. Shouldn't we grant the same time-frame to The Children™?

DECEITFUL LIES!

Dear Leader will get us back on message.

REPUBLICAN CUTS HURT THE CHILDREN.jpg

One thing I appreciate about the Obama administration and Progressives in general is the adaptability of their message.

consistency.jpg

Head Start has been a complete success! Look at all the teachers that it employed! These tax dollars provided thousands of people with living wages!

teacher money.jpg

Tax money given to teachers is spent 400 times. There is no greater economic boost outside of unemployment.

And speaking of Fairness ...

good to be friends.jpg