Mayor of Seattle bans guns in city parks

POLL: Is Comrade Nickels Doing Enough for The Children(TM)?

Poll ended at 10/18/2009, 12:38 am

Yes. He is almost as perfect as Chairman Obama.
0%
No. He has not yet seized all guns.
8%
One can never do enough for The Children(TM).
31%
He is white, so no matter what, he's still racist.
23%
It's all Bush's Fault(TM).
38%

TOTAL VOTES: 13

Comrades! Chairman Nickels of Seattle Collective has issued a glorious proclamation, which despite the old, outmoded and inflexible state laws to the contrary bans the possession of firearms in various Seattle parks and public buildings.

Mayor-Greg-Nickels.jpg
Chairman Greg Nickels (left)

Chairman Nickels, despite state law that declares Washington State preempts all firearms regulations, a pesky constitution that declares the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense shall not be impaired, and an official opinion from the reactionary Washington State Attorney General's Office that plainly stated a ban on the carry of guns on city property is illegal pressed ahead with his plans. According to The Seattle Times, this plan is to "specifically protect children"

monster-survival6.jpg
Typical Seattle gun owner that wants to eat your children after shooting them.(picture of evil gun owner found by Comrade just_a_car )

I would like to congratulate Comrade Nickels for his brave defiance of established state law, and for playing the most perfect of plays "The Children(TM)" which is one of the most noble plays in the progressive playlist. Comrade Nickels successfully sidesteps facts and real issues by playing solely on fear and emotion, tossing logic out the window in favor of feelings.
<br>Let us all join together and collectively praise Chairman Nickelsfor his brave and progressive stance. After all, guns are a constant danger and threat to The Children(TM). Without them, we would live in a world of perfect safety. And let us forget about the time the Chief of the Seattle Police, now Obama's Drug Czar(TM)had his handgun stolen from his police car. That was Bush's fault.

Chairman Nickels must take the next step and disarm all law enforcement and military personnel. Who needs State law and who needs to follow the Constitution??

Surely NOT True and Enlightened Progressive's!!

Image Criminals will LOVE this new ban!!! There's nothing better than unarmed Sheeple to prey upon!! With all the foreclosures and homeless people, due to the visionary job creation plan of Obama and Congress, this is just another government subsidy to transfer wealth and possibly remove some CO2 emissions.

This is outstanding... I'm so glad Mayor Chuckles has finally proclamated a decree to make the parks safe!

I'm sure he will have the Gun Ban Forcefields up within the month to block all criminals thinking to enter these areas For The Children™.

We should all take heart in knowing his gobbling turkey neck wobbles... and it wobbles FOR THE GOOD OF THE PEOPLE™!

Colonel 7.62 wrote: Chairman Greg Nickels (left)

=Image .

Say I know this dude, thats Comrade Legion! an highly skilled and loyal member of the old People's Progressive Party of Pandemonium! he was damned down to the people's paradise of the chaos realmn back durring our failed attempt to seize devinity from the capitalist swine up in heaven and redistribute it to the workers who truly deserved it.

What is that dude doing in Seatle? I thought I told him to go Copenhagen and eat their children! That way he could avenge the One and pry on the defenseless unarmed Danes in peace, in Seatle someone could have shot him or worse turned him over to the church. Good thing the chairman acted quickly and created a safe zone for him to wait in away from those Catholic homicidal priests and their heavy ordinances.

Hmmm... Comrades i am not sure how to react to this, on the one hand a progressive comrade acted quickly to protect a valuable member of our breatheren from down below, but on the other hand, now I have to go and get him out of there. To be on the safe side I am going to denounce the Chairman as a secret rascist and recomend that he be transfered to the gulags and replaced by a new Seatle Czar under the direct authority of the President.

Hey!

I didn't know Grape Ape was the Chairman of Seattle!?!
Comrades, if you only knew his true intentions, you see Grape Ape loves to steal The Children's Ice Cream(TM)...
This is going to be a whaling whining tragedy comrades!

Red Rooster wrote:Hey!

I didn't know Grape Ape was the Chairman of Seattle!?!

Yes Comrade, for two more months he is chairman, until one of two clones is voted upon in the coming windowdressing elections in November. While he will not appear on the ballot, his tax & spend progressive legacy will assuredly live on through the People's choice of another chairman from the top two do-nothing bag-thumbers candidates promising more Hope'n'ChangeTM. Freedom from firearms may factor into their agendas as well.

However these pictures you share are from long ago. The glorious chairman is known now as the 'Grey Ape'. Just a little FYI.

It's Californians moving to Seattle that is the problem!!!
Seattle used to be a great town.....then they started banning stuff for the good of everybody else.

This is terrible timing comrades. I was planning to go to Seattle and shoot up a playground full of kids just to re-ignite the national debate for more gun control.

Oh well, maybe one of our mind control experts can goad some mind numbed kid into taking a gun to school on Hitler's birthday or something.

Has anyone informed the criminals? I think there must be a serious breakdown in communication since criminals often arm themselves in spite of gun laws. Some extremists actually believe criminals break the law deliberately! Of course, we know better. So, here's the question: have we diverted enough money from superfluous defense spending to fund a program to inform criminals to a) stop breaking the law, and b) stop carrying guns?

I'm imagining the next progressive step is to install metal detectors in all parks, and search all visitors. Due to the uncomfortable fact anyone with a clean criminal record and $60 can get a concealed pistol license in Washington State for the trouble of writing down one's name and address and getting a set of fingerprints, it will be nearly impossible to tell who has a gun and who doesn't. Unless of course one of those reactionary open carriers shows up with a *gasp* visible gun.

Perhaps the best thing would be to simply take children away from their parents and raise them in a supervised group setting with trained professionals. That is the ultimate way to ensure the safety of The Children(TM) is it not? Oh yes, and take away all guns. It's for The Children(TM).

I'm sure every criminal, thug and bad guy in Seattle will fall to their knees, denounce their weapons and peaceably roam the Seattle Parks, and pick up litter.

How about equipping little Johnie with caps and a hammer to take to the park? Really, it's quite satisfying and it would drive progs in the area nuts.