Phil Collins: I Can Feel It Coming In The Air Tonite in Iowa

The Iowa caucuses are tonight. So much is in the balance. This is a simple video that, to me, reflects our concerns about our future. The part where the percussion kicks in will really get to your heart. It certainly did mine.

Well, as long as you can't smell it in the air tonight it's probably OK. Any location downwind of Iowa's many "lagoons" is osmic when the temperature is above freezing.

[OFF]

With what I believe in the world of conspiracy, I'm not too worried about caucuses or nominees or elections. The republicans and democrats are two wings of one party as far as I'm concerned. And the elites and so forth will get their way regardless of the guy that wins, they've got the money, and history teaches that money equals power. I think that the guys that win are just puppets for the larger problem and the larger organization; they're like the parts of a machine, they're all interchangeable and the machine will still do it's thing whether or not you have part A or part B in there. I'll still vote, though, even though I'm 95% sure it means nothing.

And regarding music, I was looking around today, and I found this piece titled "In a Sentimental Mood" by Duke Ellington. It brings an image of the Depression to my mind, and I think that that's where we're headed regardless of what is done. I think that right now we're in a transition from a golden America to a gilded America; it still looks the same on the outside but if you scratch it just a bit it shows the real worthless material underneath. And in 30-50 years it may not even be gilded anymore. But I think that that will only happen when the dollar inevitably drops out and Rome 2.0 turns into a 3rd-world hole. Still, we'll have to see, as I like to say.

bappydon wrote:The video are awesome

Thanks, bappydon, glad you liked our videos, and welcome to The Cube!

Lev Termen wrote:Well, as long as you can't smell it in the air tonight it's probably OK. Any location downwind of Iowa's many "lagoons" is osmic when the temperature is above freezing.

Hey Lev, I clicked your link and left a response!

Stierlitz, Duke has to be one of the most prolific and profound composers ever born. Especially considering what he had to endure while living. He expressed such joy and exuberance in spite of all. Thanks for posting. Love it.