Progressive Op-Ed: "AZ, The Racist State"

The bigoted politicians in Arizona need to learn a lesson from the Transportation Security Administration (TSA). Following 911, similar types of racist politicians suggested the TSA should concentrate a disproportionate amount of body searches on a certain group of people, specifically middle eastern and Muslim males. Thankfully the TSA rejected this type of so called "common sense" thinking. The TSA realized that all groups are equal in all respects, and that an elderly white woman could be just as dangerous as a young Muslim male, and so the TSA screens all groups equally.

While the abominable Arizona immigration law "states" that it will not racially profile to validate U.S. citizenship, it is likely the vast majority of those found to be illegal immigrants will no doubt be of Hispanic descent. This is no coincidence. The reactionaries in Arizona automatically assume that nearly all of the 400,000+ illegals in the state are probably Hispanic. Why? Because the state borders on Mexico? Nonsense. It is just as likely for an illegal alien in Arizona to be of Caucasian, Asian, or African ethnicity as it is for them to be Hispanic, yet watch how many Hispanics will be deported compared to other groups.

The urgent question is what should happen in Arizona now? Arizona surely needs some federal legislation to bring them up to the times and away from the inherent racism that is in their blood. As an aside, Arizona was only the 49th state to recognize Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, and that was only under the threat of losing the chance to host Super Bowl 27. A recent suggestion was made by a White House source that Arizona's state legislature could be replaced by members of the San Fransisco City Council, using an emergency executive order. That could be a damn good start!

Some years back I spent a couple weeks in Arid-zona and I was shocked at the lack of diversity. Up in Sedona all I found were snooty white folks.

Down South all the snooty white folks huddle in Scottsdale (Snots Dale). In Phoenix and Tucson it was Mexicans, Mexicans and more Mexicans. The few white folks were Spanish. And every so often you saw a primitive American (redskin injun) staggering around drunk or selling "Indian" jewelry (made in China) by the side of the road.

All I can say is the Mexicans need to be more inclusive.

I have heard that a lot of Oppressed Mexicans are trying to shoot their way straight to Canada because they get better rights there. I suggest that we put a mono rail that runs from Mexico straight to Canada for only a few Pesos per rider. Of course, Canada will have to pay for it.