1. Pennies don’t fall from heaven – they have to be earned here on earth.
2. No one would remember the Good Samaritan if he’d only had good intentions; he had money as well.
3. Economics are the method; the object is to change the heart and soul.
4. My policies are based not on some economics theory, but on things I and millions like me were brought up with: an honest day’s work for an honest day’s pay; live within your means; put by a nest egg for a rainy day; pay your bills on time; support the police.
5. Defeat? I do not recognise the meaning of the word.
6. I, personally, have always voted for the death penalty because I believe that people who go out prepared to take the lives of other people forfeit their own right to live. I believe that the death penalty should be used only very rarely, but I believe that no-one should go out certain that no matter how cruel, how vicious, how hideous their murder, they themselves will not suffer the death penalty.
7. Socialists cry “Power to the people”, and raise the clenched fist as they say it. We all know what they really mean—power over people, power to the State.
8. There’s no such thing as society.
9. A man may climb Everest for himself, but at the summit he plants his country’s flag.
10. (to Conservative backbench MP John Whittingdale) The trouble with you, John, is that your spine does not reach your brain.
11. For every idealistic peacemaker willing to renounce his self-defence in favour of a weapons-free world, there is at least one warmaker anxious to exploit the other’s good intentions.
12. Constitutions have to be written on hearts, not just paper.
13. If you want something said, ask a man. If you want something done, ask a woman.
14. To me, consensus seems to be the process of abandoning all beliefs, principles, values and policies. So it is something in which no one believes and to which no one objects.
15. To wear your heart on your sleeve isn’t a very good plan; you should wear it inside, where it functions best.
16. Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren’t.
17. I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end.
18. If you want to cut your own throat, don’t come to me for a bandage.
19. There can be no liberty unless there is economic liberty.
20. I usually make up my mind about a man in ten seconds, and I very rarely change it.
21. It pays to know the enemy – not least because at some time you may have the opportunity to turn him into a friend.
22. It is not the creation of wealth that is wrong, but the love of money for its own sake.
23. I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left.
24. Popular capitalism is nothing less than a crusade to enfranchise the many in the economic life of the nation.
25. Imagine a Labour canvasser talking on the doorstep to those East German families when they settle in on freedom’s side of the wall. “You want to keep more of the money you earn? I’m afraid that’s very selfish. We shall want to tax that away. You want to own shares in your firm? We can’t have that. The state has to own your firm. You want to choose where to send your children to school? That’s very divisive. You’ll send your child where we tell you.”
We created a special category in our Zazzle store just for this design. Available on shirts, posters, mugs, bags, and postcards.
This original design signed by the artist, Oleg Atbashian, has been selected as a campaign logo and is being used for fundraising for the Margaret Thatcher statue in her birthplace, Grantham, England.
darskiR.I.P. indeed... she and Ronnie are back together again. So it's safe to do that rapture thingy now. We will all be safe.
Multiple Kajillion dittos, dearest Darski! The way things are nowadays, I wish I were with them. But, my time is not up yet. So, I have to persist and persevere!Long live honest people! They are the most royal amongst us! And, the most truly loyal.
I admire her, not so much as a woman (as prigs/progs say I should) but as a human being. She is a shining example of love for the human race and what a human being can be. For the true good of all.
May God take you into His arms and flutter your remains on the rest of us poor, stupid, Earthlings. Love you, Maggie girl! I really love you! RIP X!
2) I heard the author of a bio of Thatcher being interviewed on "Between the Covers", a podcast about books on National Review Online. She said the most amusing thing she had learned was that Britain was in such bad shape before Thatcher was elected that the Soviets had stopped trading with them because British stuff was "poorly made" and "never arrived on time."
Split screen: Margaret Thatcher, IRON. Meryl Streep, ALUMINUM SIDING.
Based on Robert Fine's past idea.
El Presidenteiron-Flag-great-britain-13511748-1920-1200 copy.jpgVS.
Kudos for this post. Many, many kudos! So true!
As a long-time Pistols fan, this made my day :)