She-Jac: Welfare = Transitional Living Fund

Presidium Member Sheila Jackson Lee (D-The State Below Oklahoma) wants to change the way Amerikans think of welfare.

And to that end, she suggest during a House speech Wednesday, we should start thinking of welfare as a “transitional living fund.”

“Maybe the word welfare should be changed to something of a transitional living fund,” she said in a speech that praised the so-called “Absence of War on Poverty” and government welfare programs. “For that is what it is — for people to be able to live.”

“The safety net has to be something for all of us,” she added.

cc9487bb05.jpg
velvet.jpg
images.jpg
Whackos-Sheila-Jackson-Lee-ROH.jpg
sheila-jackson-lee.jpg
sheila-jackson-lee-is-an-IDIOT-119621022390.jpeg
SheilaJacksonLee.png
circus freaks.jpg
5443241185_sheila_jackson_lee_xlarge.png

She-Jac is a local source of shame pride as she spews nonsense enlightens her Low-Information constituents every time someone accidentally allows her near a microphone.

I can dig it. Know ain't gonna lay no mo' big rap up on you, man. Say hey, sky... subba say I wan' see... Uh-huh. Pray to J did the same-ol', same-ol'! So hey... knock a self a pro, Slick! That gray matter backlot perform us DOWN, I take TCB-in', man!
Hey, you know what dey say: see a broad to get dat booty yak 'em ...leg 'er down a smack 'em yak 'em! COL' got to be! Y'know? Shiiiiit.

SJL.jpg
Sheila is famous for her mastery of the English language, with special attention to the art of lengthy statements devoid of any discernable meaning. For additional examples of our comrade's sophistry see:

Best of Sheila Jackson Lee:

Comrades, changing names of government programs is a time-honored, not to mention timeworn, Party tradition. Oops, did I say “tradition”? I meant to say necessity. That which, if it were of conservative origin, would be referred to as a tradition, is known by the Party of Progress as a necessity. Or a safety net. Or a national treasure. Or a matter of life and death. Or a third rail that will cause untold catastrophe and gory mass death if touched for any reason other than to pile more money on top of it—or just change its name.

Sometimes we must change the names of our necessities, safety nets, national treasures, matters of life and death, and yea, even the untouchable third rail, to remove the stigma placed upon them by the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy. Every time we Progs try to do something to help people and show how much we care—in other words, anytime we do anything at all—the VRWC is right there jeering, sneering, and casting slurs upon our acts of compassion, soiling them, turning something beautiful into something filthy and vile until too many people start thinking that perhaps they'd rather not avail themselves of all the Party, in its benevolence, has to offer; that instead they'd rather try things on their own, to go it alone, to think not of the Collective but what they mistakenly believe is in their own petty, puny little personal “best” interests.

But as Obama would say, that's not who we are as Americans. We are all of us in this together, dammit!

That's when we must change the name of an increasingly unpopular program to make it more attractive to the masses, so they'll feel better about being a part of it and not have those uncontrollable, unnatural urges to try and do anything for themselves.

Food Stamps = Supplemental Nutrition Assistance.

Spending = Investment

Tax Hikes = Increasing revenue

Abortion = Choice

Juvenile Offenders = Children

Poverty, Crime, Disease = Results of Republican policies

Obamacare = When healthcare.gov is running without any glitches and millions have enrolled over a short time and zillions more are finally receiving health care they never had before.

Affordable Care Act, or ACA: When healthcare.gov is down and people receive cancellation notices from their insurance companies.

I could go on, but those are just a few examples.

Transitional Living Fund is a wonderful name, encompassing two pillars of our Progressive values—Change and Funding.

“Transitional” means “Change” which leads to “Progress.” And Progress, in addition to Change and Hope, is what the Party is all about. Progress is the result of constant Change, even of names, and Hope that always is because as long as we have Hope, we not only have reason to Change, but to demand more Funding, because without Funding there can be no Change—and ultimately, no Progress.

Progress, by its very definition, never stops. And that's why Funding doesn't, either!

Soviet Mike Komsomolets wrote:I can dig it. Know ain't gonna lay no mo' big rap up on you, man. Say hey, sky... subba say I wan' see... Uh-huh. Pray to J did the same-ol', same-ol'! So hey... knock a self a pro, Slick! That gray matter backlot perform us DOWN, I take TCB-in', man!
Hey, you know what dey say: see a broad to get dat booty yak 'em ...leg 'er down a smack 'em yak 'em! COL' got to be! Y'know? Shiiiiit.
Golly! He says he had the fish.

Herr Lurkeroffen wrote:
Soviet Mike Komsomolets wrote:I can dig it. Know ain't gonna lay no mo' big rap up on you, man. Say hey, sky... subba say I wan' see... Uh-huh. Pray to J did the same-ol', same-ol'! So hey... knock a self a pro, Slick! That gray matter backlot perform us DOWN, I take TCB-in', man!
Golly! He says he had the fish.
!
Progressive Thanks for the translation Herr Lurkeroffen!