Teacher: I don't teach Newton because he's white

[img]/images/Newton_Dead_White_Male.jpg[/img]

Naomi Friedan, who teaches science in a Sacramento high school, has published a guest article in The Washington Post, arguing that her students shouldn't learn about Isaac Newton because he's a dead, white male with questionable political views.

According to the teacher, she feels uncomfortable teaching Newton's laws of motion, universal gravitation, optics, and calculus because her minority students shouldn't be expected to study inventions of a "a long-dead, British guy" (Friedan herself is white). And while Newton is widely recognized as one of the most influential scientists of all time and as a key figure in the scientific revolution, Friedan says he only is regarded that way because "some white men" ordained it and he can easily be replaced.

"Why not teach the scientific beliefs out of Africa, which includes an equally relevant oral tradition about the movements of celestial bodies?" she suggests. "Why not teach about the refraction of light based on oral storytelling from Latin America, about the speed of sound as imagined by the wise men of Samoa, or about the Earth being a pie resting on the back of an elephant or a serpent, as depicted in the folklore of Southeast Asia? Many, many of our students come from these traditions where people don't even believe in gravitation or that the sky is not held up by really tall pillars at the corners of the Earth. Perhaps we no longer have the time to study the Western canon that so many of us know and hold dear."

Friedan bolsters her case for dumping Sir Isaac by saying that minority students, who dominate her classroom, deserve to study their own cultures rather than being exposed to "Eurocentrism." At the same time, she believes that white students should be mandated to explore cultures other than their own.

"It is our imperative duty to open up white students to a world of diverse, mind-boggling scientific beliefs that they may never encounter anywhere else in their lives," she says. "Take, for example, the wonderful world of Cargo Cult theories. They changed my life and my entire outlook, and I want to share that wealth with my students."

Despite holding a science degree and describing herself as a voracious online researcher, Friedan's desire to purge the dusty old Isaac Newton from her classroom is partly based on her own difficulties understanding his theories. She confesses that she has a "personal disinterest in analyzing theories developed in the dark times of rampant colonialism and capitalist exploitation of the workers."

"Many Native Americans believed that the world rested on the shell of a giant turtle, and who are we to invade their land and tell them that the Earth is round?" says Friedan. "Where was Isaac Newton during that shameful period of our history? He was busy becoming president of the Royal Society. Was he afraid to jeopardize his career by speaking up against the imperialist oppression of minorities, or did he benefit from his government's colonialist policies? Whatever the case, none of his theories include a single word about social justice or economic equality. It's only fair that in the 21st century we make amends and expel this dead, white, imperialist, and cowardly male from our science textbooks."

While The Washington Post admits that Friedan's view "is shared by a lot of people in and out of education," the piece has stirred a fiery and mostly hostile response, prompting the paper to publish a rebuttal from another science teacher, who argues that it's absurd to throw Newton into the trash simply because he's dead, white, male, and may have supported British colonialism.

"Ethnically diverse students don't tip over and fall due to the effects of gravity?" the rebuttal asks rhetorically. "Or their low-rider cars with hydraulic suspension don't move according to Newtonian mechanics? Or their cell phone cameras do not use lenses that refract light? Or will the new Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens, which they can't wait to download on their computers, not expose them to the concept of spherical planets and heliocentric solar systems? Don't they deserve to be prepared and not act surprised at the absence of a giant space turtle holding the world on its back?"

In the spirit of fairness, The Post editorial attempted to find middle ground between these two equally valid views by saying that "living in the 21st century as enlightened and open-minded individuals, we duly condemn Newton's backward, Eurocentric politics, but to dismiss his scientific discoveries on the grounds that life in Europe 300 years ago wasn't as diverse and not as open to post-modern cultural, artistic, and sexual experimentation is to dismiss every important scientific discovery made by Africans, First Americans, Polynesians, Muslims, and for that matter, everything that wasn't discovered in whatever time defined as 'NOW.'"

Komrades!This person must be immediately sent to a re-education camp to be forcefully indoctrinated that being a dead white European male is not necessarily a bad thing!

See Dear Departed Komrades: Marx, Lenin, Trotsky, Stalin, Malenkov, Krushchev, etc...

Kommissar Uberdave wrote:Komrades!This person must be immediately sent to a re-education camp to be forcefully indoctrinated that being a dead white European male is not necessarily a bad thing!

See Dear Departed Komrades: Marx, Lenin, Trotsky, Stalin, Malenkov, Krushchev, etc...
Dear comrade Uberdave, while I admire your zeal for our collective heritage, I do think that you underestimate the arrogance of our modern Party elite class. You see, to them, the giants you spoke of were only permitted to see a little farther than the collectivist giants who preceded them. Our modern Party regime stands taller still, on the millions of shoulders among the piles of bodies left behind by the early collectivist comrades named above. Therefore, the Current Truth trumps the former truth and the collectivist's understanding of it.

Konservative_Punk wrote:
Kommissar Uberdave wrote:Komrades!This person must be immediately sent to a re-education camp to be forcefully indoctrinated that being a dead white European male is not necessarily a bad thing!

Dear comrade Uberdave, while I admire your zeal for our collective heritage, I do think that you underestimate the arrogance of our modern Party elite class. You see, to them, the giants you spoke of were only permitted to see a little farther than the collectivist giants who preceded them. Our modern Party regime stands taller still, on the millions of shoulders among the piles of bodies left behind by the early collectivist comrades named above. Therefore, the Current Truth trumps the former truth and the collectivist's understanding of it.
Tovarisch Punk! Having not yet received my Super Kommissar Super Suit, it is difficult to detect Kurrent Truth ™ updates from Laika the Space Dog without konstantly adjusting my tinfoil hat.Awaiting Next Tuesday without a super suit can be tedious...

The bringer of our Current Truth Red Square wrote:
Friedan's view "is shared by a lot of people in and out of education,"

But mostly "out".

All white men have ever done is steal from more culturally moral societies anyways. To Hell with Whitey and his "science"!!!

Kommissar Uberdave wrote:
Konservative_Punk wrote:

Tovarisch Punk! Having not yet received my Super Kommissar Super Suit, it is difficult to detect Kurrent Truth ™ updates from Laika the Space Dog without konstantly adjusting my tinfoil hat.Awaiting Next Tuesday without a super suit can be tedious...
Here is a picture of the super-suit in question:...Tell me what you think of it Kommisar. Remember that it is invisible to those who did not deserve to gain promotion to their current position through meritorious achievement. If you like it, I will send it over right away via the People's Courier Drone.

Komrade Uberdave! To compare Imperialist Goon Isaac Newton with First-Among-Equals Komrades Marx, Lenin, Trotsky, Stalin, Malenkov and Krushchev is Counter-Revolutionary. Please report to your nearest Re-Education Center at your earliest convenience.

KAMMERAT_X plus strong feeling comrades,
It is to be accepted that those of the glory of anti-Imperialism and the forebears of equality are posthumously relieved of any oppressive attributes, such as white and are nonracial and thus racily fluid, taking on the aspects of the current double plus equal race as set forth by the Party ™ .
All the plus beloved leadership gain these indulgences as they transcend to the "forever energies ™ " that make the universe exist as there is no higher power than those that are equal.
High praises are to be given to comrade Konservative_Punk for his plus good explanation given before now.

Hail Hillary, the deserving and inevitable

Be seeing you ™

As the newly appointed Commissar of Education, it is my great honor and distinct pleasure to confer upon the People's Director, Red Square, this Honorary Doctorate in Humane Letters from the People's University of Social Outrage and Moral Indignation in Mud Butte, Montana.

Red Square, Beloved Leader, has brought to our attention one of the great tragedies of our Educational Time, the relentless DWEM dominance of education. Red Square has selflessly devoted himself to the betterment of the self through ravaging the selves of those who so richly deserve a good ravaging like this "Newton" fellow.

May I add my personal gratitude for my new appointment as Commissar of Education. Thanks, Red Square for the new position!

Ivan Betinov wrote:As the newly appointed Commissar of Education, it is my great honor and distinct pleasure to confer upon the People's Director, Red Square, this Honorary Doctorate in Humane Letters from the People's University of Social Outrage and Moral Indignation in Mud Butte, Montana.

Red Square, Beloved Leader, has brought to our attention one of the great tragedies of our Educational Time, the relentless DWEM dominance of education. Red Square has selflessly devoted himself to the betterment of the self through ravaging the selves of those who so richly deserve a good ravaging like this "Newton" fellow.

May I add my personal gratitude for my new appointment as Commissar of Education. Thanks, Red Square for the new position!
... wait did you just self-identify as the new Commissar of Education? I am not calling your motive into question, I just seem to have missed the memo and invitation to your coronation. I am quite certain that it is probably just delayed due to a high volume of Chedoh fan mail. I am interested to know, not to condemn, but to see just how far this whole self - identification can go. Can one confer upon oneself a position of stature and prestige in this manner? Or am I missing something here?

tharpa wrote:Komrade Uberdave! To compare Imperialist Goon Isaac Newton with First-Among-Equals Komrades Marx, Lenin, Trotsky, Stalin, Malenkov and Krushchev is Counter-Revolutionary. Please report to your nearest Re-Education Center at your earliest convenience.
Tovarisch tharpa! Since I am frequently forced to denounce myself for inkorrekt thoughts and expression, I have taken up residence at the local re-education center with shovel in hand! (This does not detract from my ability to denounce others who are often in need of re-education through liquidation, however)

Comrade Sovremennyy wrote:
The bringer of our Current Truth Red Square wrote:
Friedan's view "is shared by a lot of people in and out of education,"

But mostly "out".
Tovarisch Sovremennyy! We must remember that ejekashun has long been infiltrated by Stalwart Heroes ™ of the 1970's revolution such as Dear Kamrade William (Bill) Ayers, Minister of Government School Propaganda! (Which would make it mostly in)

Comrades Betinov and Punk!

If a man can name himself a woman, a white girl can name herself black, then by Lenin you can name yourself Commissar of Education!

Just as your race and your gender exist only between your ears, so is your commissarial position.

Case in point: among the entire kollektive, Betinov is the only one who obviously has a brain. If you're looking for a definition of the space between the ears, look at Betinov: he is nothing but!

In addition, comrades, the Current Truth is that we must all now strive to be gender-fluid, agenda-fluid, race-fluid, age-fluid, and job-fluid. Fluidity is the new black.

Betinov is immersed in fluid. Is he white or black? Man or woman? Child or adult? It's all fluid. Precious bodily fluid.

Red Square wrote:Comrades Betinov and Punk!

If a man can name himself a woman, a white girl can name herself black, then by Lenin you can name yourself Commissar of Education!

Just as your race and your gender exist only between your ears, so is your commissarial position.

Case in point: among the entire kollektive, Betinov is the only one who obviously has a brain. If you're looking for a definition of the space between the ears, look at Betinov: he is nothing but!

In addition, comrades, the Current Truth is that we must all now strive to be gender-fluid, agenda-fluid, race-fluid, age-fluid, and job-fluid. Fluidity is the new black.

Betinov is immersed in fluid. Is he white or black? Man or woman? Child or adult? It's all fluid. Precious bodily fluid.

Dear Komrade Red Square! Again, you lead the way!Dr. Strangelove[highlight=#f6f6f5]: Based on the findings of the report, my conclusion was that this idea was not a practical deterrent for reasons which at this moment must be all too obvious.[/highlight]

Red Square wrote:Comrades Betinov and Punk!

Dolezal IS black. Warren IS Native American. Bruce IS female. and Urkel IS Fonzie. The science IS settled.

obama _ urkel _ economy FONZIE.jpg

Today I want to feel all smart and stuff.

I identify myself as a brain in a jar. Ivan Beet-inov.Don't judge me. I'm entitled, and I'm a victim.

Red Square wrote:Naomi Friedan, who teaches science in a Sacramento high school, has published a guest article in The Washington Post, arguing that her students shouldn't learn about Isaac Newton because he's a dead, white male with questionable political views.
<PROG OFF>
Brilliant, simply brilliant -- even the teacher's name! Yoo hoo, Mr. Snopes, where are you?

It's also time to do away with the theory of plate tectonics, as Alfred Wegener, the man credited with developing the theory was a white male who was almost certainly a rich 1%er. It should be replaced with a more culturally diverse platform belief such as the one posed by Malaysian scientists.

I hear that instead of jail time, their punishment may be to fly back home on a Malaysian airliner.

EDIT: Wasn't there an old Cube article on such a thing? I'm pretty sure it had to do with our Islamic brethren being ahead of the times as always.

Comrade Sovremennyy wrote:It's also time to do away with the theory of plate tectonics, as Alfred Wegener, the man credited with developing the theory was a white male who was almost certainly a rich 1%er. It should be replaced with a more culturally diverse platform belief such as the one posed by Malaysian scientists.

I hear that instead of jail time, their punishment may be to fly back home on a Malaysian airliner.
A most equal comment! The story behind the link is a precursor to future living in a post-modern world ruled by cultural relativism.

CANADIAN NUDIST ACCUSED OF CAUSING EARTHQUAKE RESPONDS TO MALAYSIA: ‘F YOUR CULTURE'

The article follows a vigorous exchange of F-bombs between the followers of two most equal progressive cultures.

Can one confer upon oneself a position of stature and prestige in this manner? Or am I missing something here?

Oh no, the position was conferred on me by Red Square himself. See this certificate right here? Hang on, you're smearing the wet ink....

Mine certainly does. If I identify as male, does that make me a dickhead?

Today I want to feel all smart and stuff.

I identify myself as a brain in a jar. Ivan Beet-inov.Don't judge me. I'm entitled, and I'm a victim.

I knew something like this would happen when you changed your name to Ivan a while back.

EDIT: Wasn't there an old Cube article on such a thing? I'm pretty sure it had to do with our Islamic brethren being ahead of the times as always.

Yes. "Anthropogenic Continental Drift: An Incoherent Truth" https://thepeoplescube.com/current-trut ... t1668.html.

The Author, as I recall was absolutely brilliant.

I've just realized that the new culturally diverse scientific theory behind earthquakes provides a perfect explanation for the constant shaking in California, even if it just so happens to lie along a transform plate boundary. After all, with the abundance of nude celebrity photos and other forms of 'indecency', it only makes sense that the spirits would be angered. Either way, it's their own fault.

Ivan Betinov wrote:

Yes. "Anthropogenic Continental Drift: An Incoherent Truth" https://thepeoplescube.com/current-trut ... t1668.html.

The Author, as I recall was absolutely brilliant.
I absolutely concur with your findings Comrade Betinov. I retroactively bestow Four Chedoh's upon your glorious article. I had seen the merch, but had not actually read the article. Brilliant indeed. ...and now comrade, about this Stakhanovets fellow you speak of, would you be so kind as to share with the collective what you know of his former identity? His millions of adoring fans would like a crack at the straight skinny.HEIL HILLARY!

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:Today I want to feel all smart and stuff.

Beetinov or Beatinoff? Slight disambiguation.

I denounce your hate speech !

I now identify myself as a Commisarka with a babushka and a shiny gold shovel..

WHACK!

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:I denounce your hate speech !

I now identify myself as a Commisarka with a babushka and a shiny gold shovel..

WHACK!
[highlight=#ffffff]
[/highlight]Thank you comrade, for correcting my wayward misstep. I know that the Party cares for me because it lovingly keeps me on the straight and narrow path toward Next Tuesday... by force when necessary. And you Ivan are my dear friend for this display of affectionate comraderie. I'll not soon forget what you've done to--for me. HEIL HILLARY!

[color=#C0392B]Ivan the Stakhanovets[/color] was totally dreaming when he wrote:[highlight=#ffff00]Today I want to feel all smart and stuff. [/highlight]

Ivan, my good friend, I took the liberty of making you a new avatar.

You are welcome, sir and/or madam!

ivans-new-avatar.jpg

Well, I don't like Newton because he is anti-reality! Gravity is something we all must eschew! After all, all it does is bring us down. This is unacceptable. We must adhere to the “uplifting” of all humanity, in spite of the evidence conspiring against us, that Gravity should get the hell away from of us!

Pamalinsky cleverly wrote:Well, I don't like Newton because he is anti-reality! Gravity is something we all must eschew! After all, all it does is bring us down. This is unacceptable. We must adhere to the “uplifting” of all humanity, in spite of the evidence conspiring against us, that Gravity should get the hell away from of us!
I see what you did there Pamski. Clever! However I would caution against condemning Sir Isaac too hastily. The man had a head of hair that could rival Saint Dolezal and even our beloved Karl Marx himself (PBUH). Is it not possible that he (who had no wife nor a known female companion of any repute) that he was himself a transracial transsexual, albeit remaining 'in the proverbial armoire'? Something to consider.
HEIL HILLARY!

You know, Comrade Conservative_Punk,

I get all my information from reliable sources like, YouTube, Wikipedia, etc. So, don't mess with me, OK?

In this case, I got it from the YouTube link, Crossroads Guitar Festival 2007, John Mayer, who performed his song, Gravity. I happen to own this DVD, which makes me an expert on this.

I always try to not include videos in my posts but, sometimes it just can't be avoided. So, here it is: You can choose to listen, or not. Up to you. I heard this back in 2007 and thought John really cranked! Now I think he is just a jerk looking for fame. (What was I thinking?)

Here ya go:

I don't know from the White Mans myth of physics, but happily the Party values my physical skills, what I cut off, stays cut off. All hail the collective, if you don't they will send me to enthusiastically remove the sick limbs from society.

Good news Comrades! Tovarich Jenner's cat endorses this view completely...

Comrade Wahoo! Many moons pass, much buffalo dung spread, Welcome back!

Commissar Wahoo,

Nicely and concisely played. Good one!

Good to see you again!

"At the same time, she believes that white students should be mandated to explore cultures other than their own."
Cultural appropriation! How dare this white cis employment-privileged member of the oppressor-class enable the cultural appropriation of innocent culture's mythical explanations of so-called "science" by these privileged kulaks! Shouldn't she be teaching her white cis male students not to rape, rather than teaching them to appropriate otherkinds' cultures?

Why does nobody think about the Ewoks? That's what I want to know. Is it relevant? Who cares! It's an important question.

mi
I for one have been rejecting the Pythagorean Theorem for as long as I can remember. Not only is Pythagoras a long-dead White dude, he also owned a slave! Nothing he could tell about any hypotenuse can be true other than by a suspicious accident.

Hey, most esteemed comrade mi,

I'm sure you know about this but, I'm posting it anyway to support your post.

https://www.amazon.com/English-Alphabet-Vol-Second-Edition/dp/1494477971/ref=pd_bxgy_14_img_y

The power of Pi is profound!

I, personally, am a Doh, I personally know Ray, Sol, Lala, TeeHee, Da, and, well, Mi!

Howdy, Comrade Mi! (love your posts)

Here's another one, Comrades,

Dana Dusbiber, a California English Teacher, doing her best to hold the collectivist line and, to show her true faith in her “white privilege” self-hating beingness. Isn't she courageous? I mean, it's almost like self-immolation! What a wonderful, selfless Prog!
I'm sure she will welcome the Islamic dudes she supports, when they come to take her head off!

SHAKESPEARE-1000x600.jpg
I Ain't Teachin' No Damn Shakespeare in my class! Hell no! Says Dusbiber. (My paraphrase, here's the link.)

Pamalinsky wrote:Here's another one, Comrades,

Dana Dusbiber, a California English Teacher, doing her best to hold the collectivist line and, to show her true faith in her “white privilege” self-hating beingness. Isn't she courageous? I mean, it's almost like self-immolation! What a wonderful, selfless Prog!
I'm sure she will welcome the Islamic dudes she supports, when they come to take her head off!

SHAKESPEARE-1000x600.jpg
I Ain't Teachin' No Damn Shakespeare in my class! Hell no! Says Dusbiber. (My paraphrase, here's the link.)

Ahhh! A perfect Party™ member, comrade Pamski. Don't teach The Children™ to understand. Teach them to obey and follow Party™ doctrine and the Current Truth™. It's has a certain beauty that brings tears to my eyes.

[/quote] Ahhh! A perfect Party™ member, comrade Pamski. Don't teach The Children™ to understand. Teach them to obey and follow Party™ doctrine and the Current Truth™. It's has a certain beauty that brings tears to my eyes.[/quote]

Thank you, Comrade KKK. I seem to recall a slogan way back in the day: "Shake Spear, Kick in the Rear!" I wasn't sure what it meant, I just thought it was a funny wordplay thingy. I now know it was just one of the clarion calls guiding us relentlessly toward the NWO collectivism. I am especially proud that it addresses spear chuckers.