Ivanka Trump boycott fizzles out

Obama-Conway.jpg
Nordstrom stores - among others - recently stopped carrying Ivanka Trump's wares. They claim that this decision is not at all politically motivated, but strictly a result of lagging sales.

Nordstrom swears their Ivanka Trump dump has nothing to do with a boycott campaign waged by a random marketing consultant, under the hashtag #GrabYourWallet.

The timing that Ivanka's sales lagged, around the same time as the boycott campaign ramped up, is purely coincidental. Apparently, Ivanka's sales only plummeted once her father became close to winning the presidential election, but not a moment before.

Low down and dirty

Geraldo, a former contestant on Celebrity Apprentice in early 2015, claims that Nordstrom was excited about Ivanka's brand:

I think Nordstrom's stabbed Ivanka in the back. I think what they did was really low down and dirty. I was on Celebrity Apprentice... we had to set up a shop to sell Ivanka shoes and Nordstrom's was all over it, they were psyched about being in business with Ivanka. I totally do not buy this excuse that her sales are suffering. They were using Ivanka to set up... the first Nordstrom's in Manhattan... in that new Hudson Yards development over there.
President Trump announced his run for office on June 16, 2015. He subsequently made notorious comments that some called hateful, but that wasn't enough to put a dent into Ivanka's success. During the Republican National Convention in July 2016, the dress that Ivanka wore from her own collection sold out within hours.

It wasn't until October 2016, when the 1995 tape of President Trump making comments about grabbing women surfaced, that random marketing consultants everywhere started getting seriously offended.

It appeared that the only course of action they could think of against President Trump's words was to boycott his daughter by bullying companies that carry her clothes. Leftists like to call this domino effect of bullying "the free market at work."

The boycott campaign has urged customers* to bombard Trump-affiliated companies with hate mail, whether or not they have ever shopped there. Nordstrom is on this list.

(*The word "customer" means that the person could potentially be a customer of Nordstrom, not that they ever were.)

SJW.jpg
~
Bad quality clothes

Boycotters have flooded Nordstrom's Facebook to lend support, saying that Ivanka's clothes are "crap," "tear easily," and are "bad quality."

Nordstrom is a luxury store, known for its quality control. But Nordstrom was only made aware that Ivanka's merchandise is terrible quality after her father became President, and not at any other time over the past six years of her brand's existence.

Why were these complaints not expressed at any time prior?

Sociologists call it "risk creep." Customers can withstand the risk of clothing that tears and is crap, OR a Donald Trump presidency, but not both. Once both of these occur simultaneously, the chance of a boycott increases dramatically.

This diagram explains how customers can handle a certain level of abuse, but not too much:

diagram.jpg
Customers didn't mind that Ivanka's clothes were terrible quality until Ivanka's father became President. Then, the terrible quality, combined with the fact that Donald Trump is President, became too much for them to bear. It was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Kellyanne to gulag; endorsed Ivanka Trump brand

Then, Kellyanne Conway entered the ring, and all hell broke loose.

On February 9, 2017, Conway told a television audience to "go buy Ivanka's stuff."

It's wrong for a political figure to interfere in the free market that we don't believe in, and pick winners and losers. Conway's comments were shameful and against government ethics. But thankfully, we have the following Federal Regulation §2635.702:

An employee shall not use or permit the use of his Government position or title or any authority associated with his public office to endorse any product, service or enterprise.

(This situation is totally different than 26 U. S. C. §5000A, which states that individuals must purchase appropriate health insurance or be sacked with a tax penalty by the IRS.)

Conway, who was "unrepentant" according to CNN, was then "counseled" (re-educated and thrown in gulag) about her Ivanka plug:

Ethics lawyers and Democratic lawmakers quickly called for investigations into Conway's endorsement, and suggested or said outright that she had violated government ethics law.

Democrats know more about ethics than anyone else.

The fizzle is real

Unfortunately, the boycott does not seem to have had an effect on consistent buyers of Ivanka Trump clothing. These alt-right "real" customers appear to be even more motivated by the boycott to support Ivanka, with at least one Facebook group popping up to start a buy-cott.

The buy-cott customers are using the #GrabYourWallet store list to decide which stores to support, instead of boycott. This list provides a handy reference to buy-cotters of where Ivanka Trump clothing can still be found.

The People's Cube went to the nearest mall to see if this buy-cott of Ivanka's merchandise was really happening. A buy-cotter was spotted exiting Saks Off Fifth, with a large bag of Ivanka Trump clothing.

Taylor McKinley told The People's Cube, "I love Ivanka Trump's fashion, and I voted for President Trump. Ivanka's clothing is for people like me: Employed, savvy, fashionable, and thin. It's obvious why Trump haters are unable to wear it. Grab this!" She walked away, shaking her shopping bag defiantly into the air.

Minimalist fashion blogger Sophie Greene praised the Ivanka Trump brand for its classic style and affordable pricing. "People follow my blog because they want to look great but not spend a fortune. I used Ivanka's fashions to come up with a minimalist wardrobe that has been very popular among my readers."

minimalist.jpg
*Graphic concept by Lena Photoshopova

Alt-right fake news site Breitbart reports that women are cutting up their Nordstrom cards, refusing to shop at the store unless Ivanka is brought back.

When the tolerant Trump haters figured out that the list landed in the hands of the enemy, they were not happy.

No random marketing consultant could be reached for comment, but another Trump boycotter said, "No, that's not what the free market is! The free market is only when we decide which stores you can shop at."

They insist that the list is proprietary information. It is only to be used as a reference to figure out which stores to riot, smash, and light on fire, until the store removes Ivanka's wares.

Free-market fumble

These free-market-loving leftists (with no sense of irony) are gleeful that three days after Nordstrom pulled Ivanka's clothing, Nordstrom stock increased by 4%. "Proof that Ivanka's goods were dragging down the entire store," they said. "This is the free market that we don't believe in at work."

The boycotters claim that Nordstrom stock was on a steady decline, ever since Ivanka's goods have been sold there (one wonders why the store was so excited to work with her during the project on Celebrity Apprentice.)

Nordstrom-stock.png

But a glance of the stock for an entire year shows that Nordstrom stock appears to fluctuate over time, for reasons unrelated to Ivanka Trump.

When asked for comment, the boycotters said, "Hey, we never said we were stock experts. Actually, stocks are capitalistic and really bad."

confused.jpg

When Nordstrom was asked to provide proof of the history of Ivanka Trump sales, they declined. "We have not and will not share specific sales results numbers related to this brand or any other brand," Nordstrom spokesperson Tara Darrow said in an email.

So, we're just going to believe whatever they tell us, because a company this honest would never make a decision based on politics that could alienate many of their customers.

After Nordstrom dumped Ivanka's goods, the daughter of a prominent Democrat (whose name has not been publicly revealed) was contacted by Nordstrom to create a line of designer Mao suits and potato sacks for the store.

The expectations are high. Celebrities were given a sneak peak. Chelsea Handler posed in front of the White House, carrying her shopping bags of these designer potato sacks.

chelsea-handler.png
But no word yet on if the non-celebrity target demographic could actually afford Nordstrom's new progressive line of clothing, since 92% of them live with their parents.

Another trip down memory lane, this time to 1950! Comrade Truman was General Secretary of the Democrat Party and wrote a letter to a reporter about a review of his daughter's piano playing. Comrades, if such a letter were written today there would be epileptoid spasms of intense leftist outrage. Pants would be filled fore and aft with human waste. TRUM(p) TRUM(man). Coincidence? I think not.
THE WHITE HOUSE

WASHINGTON

Dec. 6, 1950

Mr. Hume:

I've just read your lousy review of Margaret's concert. I've come to the conclusion that you are an "eight ulcer man on four ulcer pay."

It seems to me that you are a frustrated old man who wishes he could have been successful. When you write such poppy-cock as was in the back section of the paper you work for it shows conclusively that you're off the beam and at least four of your ulcers are at work.

Some day I hope to meet you. When that happens you'll need a new nose, a lot of beefsteak for black eyes, and perhaps a supporter below!

Pegler, a gutter snipe, is a gentleman alongside you. I hope you'll accept that statement as a worse insult than a reflection on your ancestry.

H.S.T.
https://www.trumanlibrary.org/trivia/letter.htm

I wonder if press of the day told Truman to "stop writing letters" as they tell Trump to stop Tweeting.

MICHELLE OBAMA CLOTHING LINE:

AVAILABLE AT NORDSTROMS -- AND SALVATION ARMY STORES EVERYWHERE

[attachment=0]Moo clothing line.jpg[/attachment][/i]

Boehner lingerie will be coming to Nordstrom's

[attachment=0]fb115bee77faf2c247e1d0265577099f.jpg[/attachment]

Comrades, it's not fair. The Trumps always get the last laugh.

Ivanka Trump clothing line reports record sales

According to the e-commerce aggregator Lyst, from January to February, Ivanka Trump sales increased 346 percent, Refinery29 writes.

What Boycott? Ivanka Trump Fragrance Hits No. 1 On Amazon

...an Ivanka Trump-branded fragrance is the top seller on the entire site in the women's eau de parfum category.
This cannot be happening. Grabbing Our Wallets was for naught! I need to call my psychiatrist to help get me through this difficult time.

IT.jpeg