14,000 Letters - A Campaign of Intimidation

I don't know if you've seen the story in the news about the 14,000 letters sent to immigrants in a Californian community.

Investigation Into O.C. Letter Focuses on Congressional Candidate

Within mere minutes of receiving these letters the outraged immigrant community contacted their local Democratic Party watch-dogs.

This episode raises several questions:

1. How did one staffer pay for 14,000 pieces of mail to be produced and mailed?
  2. Why would a staffer use altered letterhead of a group he/she believes in knowing full well that this group would then be "fingered" in a scandal?
  3. Who would do this weeks before an election when they would know full well the outcome of sending 14,000 letters to the immigrant community would be outrage, indignation, and investigations?
I don't know what's going on here but it looks pretty fishy to me. If it wasn't planned it should have been. Perhaps the Party could use this technique to instill outrage across the country in '08?

OK, I could almost see this as little more than a dumbass stunt pulled by a political novice. But I'm NOT willing to concede it because, in politics, things are rarely as they appear. I am always surprised when Republicans do stuff like this (or appear to do stuff like this), not because they are any less corrupt than Democrats but because they stand a much better chance of getting caught. This is an aspect of what I refer to as the "William Jefferson Principle".

I also love that the RNC Bushido code is in full effect here. Did you or someone connected with your campaign do something stupid? Did someone you know, especially another Republican, do something stupid immoral or illegal? Well, fall on your sword and end your career in disgrace! It doesn't matter if your ex-wife's half-brother's business partner's girlfriend's junior high sweetheart's Mom got drunk back in college and referred to a Hispanic fellow student as an a**hole, it still reflects badly on you and you should quit.
Sometimes, the Republican party reminds me of the Judean People's Front Crack Suicide Squad.

Does the situation with Nguyen's campaign sound funny? Heck yeah! Is the reaction to it surprising? Not at all! Come the revolution, there won't be anyone to put up against the wall because they'll have already done it for us.

Comrade Otis wrote:I don't know if you've seen the story in the news about the 14,000 letters sent to immigrants in a Californian community.

Link to: Investigation Into O.C. Letter Focuses on Congressional Candidate

Within mere minutes of receiving these letters the outraged immigrant community contacted their local Democratic Party watch-dogs.

This episode raises several questions:

1.) How did one staffer pay for 14,000 pieces of mail to be produced and mailed?

2.) Why would a staffer use altered letterhead of a group he/she believes in knowing full well that this group would then be "fingered" in a scandal?

3.) Who would do this weeks before an election when they would know full well the outcome of sending 14,000 letters to the immigrant community would be outrage, indignation, and investigations?

I don't know what's going on here but it looks pretty fishy to me. If it wasn't planned it should have been. Perhaps the Party could use this technique to instill outrage across the country in '08?

When I first heard this today, I had the same thought as well. Great way to rub out the RepubliKKKans, dah? The Party in Orange County has really progressed over the years...

The Party works in mysterious ways, it is not safe for us to ask "questions". These "questions" can be very dangerous.... I'm scared, I have to go over there now. I was never here!

Comrades,

Rank amateurs!! The true masters are the Party representatives in Chicago. For example, the President of Cook County (the county in which Chicago is in) election is taking place this year. The Party representative has come out and literally told people, through the glorious Peoples Media, that if you vote for the ReplubliKKKan, abortion will be legal, gangs will have AK-47s, hospitals will close, and pretty much everything just short of saying the sun will darken forever.

Brilliant!! I seriously think that the Party candidate will win, as it has been in the hands of the Party for as long as I can remember.

It has made the struggle so much easier having the media in our control, it saves a lot of time 'backing up' statements that we make. Like we would lie to the people!! If we don't say it, it isn't true!!!

O'Brien

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

The educational systems didn't teach me how to count that high. HELP!!!