2011 Fabulous 50 Blog Awards

2011-fab50-blog-awards-160.jpg

Congratulations to ThePeoplesCube! Winner of "The Daniel Simpson Day Award for Best Graphics"
in Doug Ross's Fabulous Fifty Blog Awards.

Well, it was a three way tie, but a win nevertheless, and TPC is in very good company.

A three-way tie ?

Ya' see, Maxim ?
I told you that we needed to sweeten the deal with a couple of those judges !

Let's face it....... bribes just don't go as far as they used to.

Next year, let's try extortion.

I say that we should turn this into a labour relations concern and then Dear Leader's cohorts at that NRLB will make them pick us.

Oh sure, for those of us that have any equal skills in graphics. What about us hardworking bundles of neurons who couldn't shop a photo with a hundred dollar bill taped to our foreheads? We get no recognition.

BrainPoint.jpg
May I be among the first to say, Comrade Ivan, that you are my very favoretest ever brain in a jar? I hereby officially recognize you!!

The comrades of The People's Cube are interpreting the three way tie as if equality of results are bad. No, comrades! Stop acting like a bunch of competitive capitalist and understand that the three way tie is most appropriate and most progressive. How can a website based on a more equal game cube of all sides being the same color find an equal outcome objectionable? I am ashamed at the competitiveness I am witnessing here. Next thing we know is that our Dear Editor, Red Square, will actually sale his books and his dry goods from the supply store for profit. Sale-Outs!

Besides, El Comrade, we all know that SOME are more equal than others (wink wink, nudge nudge) - and The People's Cube's listing as the third of three equals is a case in point. Besides, as a conservative award (and we all know how backwards conservatives are), the last is actually first. In a fully "equal" way, of course (WWNN).

BTW: It is PUK Award time. Get your nominations and votes in now at IOTW

There are more than a few comrades here at TPC that need their images entered.

Although my failure in last years PUK awards scarred me for life, I'm campaigning again.

Betinov has a point. Some of us can't draw pictures or take other people's pictures and click and drag stuff all over them. Some of us are just better at stringing words together in some kind of order, but what do we get for it? Nothing!

Even the Obama campaign is guilty of this. Their own contests are all about pictures. "Send us a picture of yourself holding up a sign that says, 'I'm in!' and you and a pal could win an all-expense paid trip to eat hot dogs with Barack Obama; plus you and all runners-up will get a lifetime of free e-mails from Obama every day forever!"

Why, the closest they ever came to handing out a writing award was just recently, when they solicited the masses to send in stories about what $40 means to them. Whoever could write the most pathetic sob story would have it included in Obama's speech; that was the prize.

And you must admit, the winning sob stories were pretty pathetic indeed.

If I had an extra $40 per month, I'd be able to donate another $40 per month to the DNC.

I "click and drag stuff" all over pictures, but I haven't had any hot dogs with our Dear Leader Obama lately. And I don't have an extra $ 40 either.

What's up with that ?

I don't mean to stray off Maksim's original topic, but in light of what $40 means to the average shmoe, am I the only one on the planet who remembers this?

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/jul/11/michelle-obama-spend-600-stimulus-check-earrings/

Mrs. Obama said in Pontiac, Michigan, Wednesday that if her husband is elected he will offer more than a “quick fix” on the economy.

“You're getting $600 - what can you do with that? Not to be ungrateful or anything, but maybe it pays down a bill, but it doesn't pay down every bill every month,” she said. “The short-term quick fix kinda stuff sounds good, and it may even feel good that first month when you get that check, and then you go out and you buy a pair of earrings.”