Anonymous Makes Point / Barackzebub Silent

Anonymous.PNG
In a striking move, the hacker group Anonymous has taken control of the United States Sentencing Commission website, in a new campaign called "Operation Last Resort." In addition, via the U.S. government website, Anonymous has distributed encrypted government files and left a statement on the website that de-encryption keys would be publicly released (thus releasing the as-yet unknown information held on the stolen files) if the U.S. government did not comply with Anonymous' ultimatum demands for legal reform.

Anonymous cited the recent suicide of hacktivist Aaron Swartz as a "line that has been crossed." The group issued a statement which includes:

"Warhead – U S – D O J – L E A – 2013 . A E E 256 is primed and armed. It has been quietly distributed to numerous mirrors over the last few days and is available for download from this website now. We encourage all Anonymous to syndicate this file as widely as possible."

ProgOff.jpg
If you haven't already, I highly suggest that you read the linked Anonymous statement above (actually an article that includes their statement). While I don't necessarily approve or disapprove of Anonymous's tactics personally, it's interesting that their statement could conceivably have come out of the mouth of most of the participants here on TheCube™. Give it a read.

ProgOn.jpg
Presidential spokesunit Jay "Carney" Carney was nowhere to be found, and President Barackzebub Hussein Obama was observed playing with his usual cloud of buzzing flies.

ObamaLordOfTheFlies.jpg

"If you do not let my people go, I will send swarms of flies on you and your officials, on your people and into your houses." Exodus 8:21

PROG OFF

Throwing sand into the gears of the State is, by itself, an admirable thing. But 'they' are, purposefully and structurally, enigmatic.

Technology is impacting established and ancient law, the dust will not soon settle.

Meanwhile core Objectivist values are of some referential use.

Information is property and as such is owned and its disposition of right should be at the sole discretion of the owner. The infrastructure, as yet, is not property held 'in common'.

"mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed" OR in other words, someone exercising their own version of "justice" is as imminent a threat to the individual as any constituted government even in decay is

Comrade Expel, I would tend to agree with you, just for the record; what I found most interesting was their statement itself, in particular the portion(s) which refer to the current state of "justice" in the United States. I found little there to disagree with, regardless of my belief or disbelief in their methods.

But flying right along, isn't it interesting that Beelzebub is frequently tied to the sin of pride?

This Anonymous hacking is getting me hot to have all my medical records uploaded to gumint computers and all linked, cross indexed and collated with my financial, voting, home ownership, driving, and color preferences so everybody will know, er, everything and I'll be a perfect little cog in the giant progressive wheel that's Obama's glorious future of happiness and prosperity he has planned, and, and...and it's really just so wonderful and happy and, and...Utopian...It's really Tuesday - isn't it?

crazy 1.jpg

I.M. Craptek wrote:This Anonymous hacking is getting me hot to have all my medical records uploaded to gumint computers and all linked, cross indexed and collated with my financial, voting, home ownership, driving, and color preferences so everybody will know, er, everything and I'll be a perfect little cog in the giant progressive wheel that's Obama's glorious future of happiness and prosperity he has planned, and, and...and it's really just so wonderful and happy and, and...Utopian...It's really Tuesday - isn't it?

crazy 1.jpg
Ah, almost, comrade I. M., almost.

Anomymous criminality, extortion, supporting mobocracy such as "Occupy," etc. do NOT serve the principles embodied in our Constitution. This is nothing less than a megamaniacal form of electronic terrorism. Julian Assange narcicissism on steroids.

Is our system of justice perfect? Of course not. Does it sometimes dispense injustices? Of course it does. Has there EVER been a system invented by humans that is less susceptible to, and with greater safegards against, abuse than ours? If so NAME it. The answer is NONE -- not EVER in human civilization.

It's impossible to design a perfect system. Only narcicissistic utopians can indulge the conceit that they can do so and then advance the wholly spurious claim that they could (or that they would even if they could). The Anonymous mindset is no better than the Stalinist mindset. Whatever means may serve their ends is their test-- not whether particular circumstances may warrant particular means consistent with an objective standard of right versus wrong.

The designers of our system purposely stacked the burden-of-proof/procedural-requirements deck against the government's power to take someone's life or liberty because they (and, I think we) prefer that "ten guilty people go free" rather than "one innocent person" be convicted. Some people would describe such ratio as 100 to 1; others might say 1000 to 1, but no sane person would say 1,000,000 to 1. Thus, the sane people accept the fact that our system cannot guarantee perfection -- i.e., we know that innocent people will go to jail just as we know that a much larger number of guilty people will go free for each innocent person who goes to jail. Thus, each of us necessarily not only runs the risk of being the next victim of the larger number of guilty criminals left free to commit predatory acts on others, but each of us also necessarily runs the risk of being the innocent person sent to jail.

Our system also provides constitutional and procedural mechanisms to undo unjust convictions of innocents, which mechanisms are, of course imperfect, but such imperfections are vastly more tolerable than the consequences of seeking to force the system to respond to mobocracy and/or terroristic threats.

To achieve zero risk of our system of justice failing to prevent an innocent person from being convicted would require our elimination of our system of justice, in which case the form of mobocracy that would evolve in its place would VASTLY increase the risks of people guilty of nothing being killed or incarcerated by others with nothing more than the power to do so (as was the case under Stalinism, Nazism, etc.)

Utopian thinking is a dangerous intoxicant. It already infects the thinking of environentalists, whom I describe as Pantheopians (those who worship nature with utopian zeal). It already infects the thinking of leftists (latter-day Stalinists). It already infect Shariahists. The world is full of fanatics, most of whom pose (as do the Anonymous/Occupy fanatics) as being anti-fanatics.

These people pay lip service and lip service only to the principles they claim to support. It reminds me of the hogwash spewed by the Occupy people in the streets. It's mobocacy. It's the French Revolution. It's a form of self-indulgent fanaticism.

To equate Anonymous/Occupy philosophy with the pro-liberty/anti-totalitarian/anti-mobocracy philosophy exemplified by the Cube's parody of utopian thought is to insult the Cube.

Just my opinion.

--KOOK

Image But wait-- how can there ever be a "prog on" by a KOOK Kommenting Out of Karacter? Isn't that like a double negative? Don't ask such questions, because a KOOK, originally created soley for Kommenting Out of Karacter has often spouted statist propaganda in hopes that someone will undo the sraight jacket and/or allow KOOK outside the Gulag. So, absent a "prog off" one can't be certain what KOOK really thinks and quite often KOOk isn't certain what KOOK thinks -- that's why he's KOOK.

~ PROG Lost in Space ~

Ummm, please bear in mind that I've twice - this is time #3 - stated that I wasn't referring to Anonymous' methods/tactics, but rather to the fact that pretty much everything they said in their missive about the state of "justice" in America and government control was pretty much precisely correct.

R.O.C.K. in the USSA wrote:~ PROG Lost in Space ~

Ummm, please bear in mind that I've twice - this is time #3 - stated that I wasn't referring to Anonymous' methods/tactics, but rather to the fact that pretty much everything they said in their missive about the state of "justice" in America and government control was pretty much precisely correct.

I had (and have) no doubt whatsoever that you condemn the "methods/tactics" of Anonymous. What I was addressing was/is the gist of your additional contention (i.e., that "pretty much everything they said in their missive about the state of 'justice' in America ... was pretty much precisely correct."

Our imperfect system yields thousands of instances of justice for every example of injustice. The state of justice in America today -- though imperfect -- and, in my opinion, is also exhibiting an increasing tendency towards rationalizing statism though the hogwash notion of a "living constitution" (which means a constitutional-interpretation methodology tethered almost exclusively to whatever may be the current political proclivities of the current interpreters) -- is STILL the best system ever devised by humans. And the Anonymous mob's wholesale attack on the system is utter hogwash being advanced by a bunch of utopian radicals whose political goals and motives fall far outside the boundaries of the system of liberty our Constitution established.

I detest the ongoing efforts of many of the elites in the intellectual property community to seek means of enforcement that are antithetical to free speech and fair use. I concede that politically active people of their ilk have eager allies in Obama and his administration who are all too eager to aid the entertainment industry to use intellectual-property-enforcement threats to free speech and fair use (and especially anti-leftist free speech and fair use), but the Anonymous/Occupy crowd has about as much respect for property in general and intellectual property in particular as a pig has for ham and eggs.

The problem is not with the system; it's with the people we've put in charge of the system, and when I say "We" I'm including us by virture of our failure to effectively exercise our own free speech in enough modes and venues to actually inform the ignoranti (not a misspelling) that joined with the hard-core leftists to elect Obama. Our top priority right now should be to devise and use as many methods as possible to attract the attention of those ignoranti who currently learn whatever little they know about civics by their swimming in the popular culture. If we can't do that, America will continue what has become an accelerating journey into irrelevance and oblivion and, as Reagan warned, this generation will have lost liberty.

The only solution to our problems (i.e., the need to reverse the ongoing process of our headlong march toward statism) is for us to inform the ignorant, and in order to do so, we must get their attention but not in ways that seem to endorse grossly ridiculous caricatures of our system by people subscribing to political philosphies that they believe entitle them to trample upon, and to trash, the rights of others by extra-legal, if not criminal, means.

If the Anonymous/Occupy crowd were merely engaging in street-theatre to MOCK totalitarians as a form of political satire or parody, that would be a different thing. But those clowns aren't clowns of the satirist/parodist variety-- they're clowns of the dangerous variety-- i.e., self-deluding narcicists with their own totalitarian, utopian mindset. And they're propagandistically savvy enough to seek to identify themselves as opponents of things even normal people would oppose.

--KOOK

Comrades,

Enough thinking. Please! End the bickering! This is exactly what the unilateralist multinational interventionalist running dog Rethuglikkkans what us to do. Here - have a sip of this...