Ayn Rand and Iron Man

ayn_man.jpg
From Doctor Zero at Hot AIR
The movie version of Iron Man is one of the most unambiguously libertarian figures in popular culture, a billionaire industrialist playboy who spends much of the new movie telling the government to get bent when it tries to claim his amazing suit of high-tech armor. He's patriotic, loves the military, and views the bad actors of the world from a Reaganite position of moral confidence. In the original movie, he did what Hollywood has been painfully reluctant to do, ever since September 11: he flew over to the Middle East and took out the trash. This Atlas doesn't shrug… he busts out repulsor beams and micro-missiles.

Thanks for the warning Maksim. So Ayn Man is just another Randroid. How could our Hollywood blacklist allow this movie to be produced? The conservatives are learning our tricks. They've deliberately created this super hero to appeal to kids. Sure, kids are shallow and stupid. They may only see the slick action. But deep in their subconscious mind the seeds of rugged individualism and resistance to big government may take root.

Comrades, we need another dancing penguin movie and we need it now! Maybe in 3D. Oh and let's make the penguins blue and put them on a planet that some evil capitalist corporation wants to strip mine. And no more happy endings either. I want the little bastards to come out of the theater crying their eyes out because all the cute blue critters are extinct. I want them to run home and kick their Tea Bagging parents in the shins.

There can always be the ending of the penguin bashing like what is to happen with the poor defenseless little seals. Or maybe they to be put on big ice float and be deadened by starvation because all fish have been deadened from oil spill and even ice float to be surrounded by oil spill and penguin who try to jump off ice float get suffocated by oil spill and they to be floating all covering in black oil slick and bobbing on wave.

That could make for very exciting ending.

Mrs Czarweary

I have a position for you at the Zimbabwean Endowment for the Arts!

I feel with humble pride for our collectives enthusiastically adding to movie Progressive thoughtfulness. (umm, what was I talking about??) Oh, yes, movie with wee seals, covered in capitalist oil slug, coughing and drying, shrieking with agony as their fur coats, hunted by greedy white pigs, are ripped from their struggling bodies! Then, little blue and purple peoples, rush from the planet Echo (a new planet found by Algore) to save the wee baby seals before they are all exterminated out of existence. Then, the seals can join hands.. join fins and sing "we are the new world".
There won't be a dry eye.
Of course, little childrens toys must be sold at Tony's Tofu Shops (is most delectable when ketchup is globed on top!) and Wind Energy Is For Kids factory outlets!

Image< local Tofu Shop owner worker

My answer to Ayn Man - Ayn Woman! Or rather Ayn Lady.

I'm no Maksim.....

thegreatgasoros.jpg
but I felt us men folk should be treated to a bit of spankbank eye candy....

Untitled-3.jpgeye candy.jpg

danke Peoples Vodka

An outstanding image to be sure, S.K. Maksim!

I am currently 1/3 through a PDF copy of 'Shrugged'... for use in counter-thought-crime, of course.

Comrade just_a_car wrote:
I am currently 1/3 through a PDF copy of 'Shrugged'course.

Great! So you should be completing it right before you die of old age! Keep reading fast though, you may be found obsolete by the Death Panels ™ long before then!

Buffoonski, I don't know how we went from Ayn Rand and Iron Man to Elena Kagan. Her lifelong girlfriend companion buddy insists she isn't a lesbian but here's a pic of that "buddy" driving a motorcycle and look who's on the back (watch those hands Elena).

2479279-md-500x332.jpg
(hat tip to the running dog imperialists at iOTW)

First, Comrade Buffoon posts "eye candy" (I knew it was coming and was wondering who would do it first)..................MY EYES, OHHHHHHH

Second, Comrade Whoopie posts "cigar/motorcycle buddy" and ACCCCKKKKKKK............now I'm blind!

Thanks Comrades

Maksim,
As always a great poster!

Grigori E.R. wrote: ...now I'm blind!

Sorry about that comrade, but your mom did warn you that would happen if you kept up your shameful ways.

Comrade Goose wrote:
Comrade just_a_car wrote:
I am currently 1/3 through a PDF copy of 'Shrugged'course.

Great! So you should be completing it right before you die of old age! Keep reading fast though, you may be found obsolete by the Death Panels ™ long before then!
The Comrade will have ample Time to finish studying on what makes Thoughtcriminals tick.

The thoughtcriminal Ayn Rand would be so very proud of Comrades Buffoon and Whoopie! Their reactionary comments against our sister of social justice Elana Kagan expose their anti-prog beliefs which oppose the pure equality of voluntary androgyny as the only logical end of collectivism.

Their only possible redemption is to jointly produce a movie about a lovably chubby, blue lesbian penguin sworn in as a Supreme Court Justice while her adoring companion smiles endearingly. Their undying devotion will be validated by world reaction to compassionate rulings that finally remove all stigma from their love. On their way to Copenhagen to humbly accept the Nobel Piece Prize they are beaten to death by a roving band of evil, wild eyed, bible toting, sign wielding Tea Bagging grannies. The puffy tear stained faces of all the little girl proles begging their mothers to let them be lesbians will vindicate our two Comrades.
Blue_Penguin.jpg

Comrade Whoopie wrote:Buffoonski, I don't know how we went from Ayn Rand and Iron Man to Elena Kagan. Her lifelong girlfriend companion buddy insists she isn't a lesbian but here's a pic of that "buddy" driving a motorcycle and look who's on the back (watch those hands Elena).

2479279-md-500x332.jpg
(hat tip to the running dog imperialists at iOTW)

I know I make this proclamation (when I have no business... well, you know) but I proclaim this two of the most glorious things I've ever seente'ded.

...did I say things?

I hereby denounce myself for calling an image more glorious than righteous Maksim agitprop (in his own thread nonetheless).

Comrade_Androgynov wrote:The thoughtcriminal Ayn Rand would be so very proud of Comrades Buffoon and Whoopie! Their reactionary comments against our sister of social justice Elana Kagan expose their anti-prog beliefs which oppose the pure equality of voluntary androgyny as the only logical end of collectivism.

Comrade, I can't speak for the thought criminal Buffoon, but you totally misunderstood my comments. If anything I was critical of her buddy's attempt to keep their relationship in the closet and the reactionary website iOTW's feeble attempt to out her.

Comrade Whoopie wrote:Comrade, I can't speak for the thought criminal Buffoon, but you totally misunderstood my comments. If anything I was critical of her buddy's attempt to keep their relationship in the closet and the reactionary website iOTW's feeble attempt to out her.
We have decided you will be forgiven...... This time. It is certainly possible that we simply missunderstood you, but you surely understand it is now necessary for the regime to more closely monitor your speech. We of course will do this only for your security and the safety of society! We hope that Buffoon will understand as well.

Lt. just_a_car wrote:I am currently 1/3 through a PDF copy of 'Shrugged'... for use in counter-thought-crime, of course.

Comrade,

We hope you proudly spread the Ayn Rand loves serial killer meme for The Party™.

Hail Obama!