Biden unveils 2020 slogan: 'Make Depression Great Again'

[img]/images/Biden_Make_Depression_Great_Again.jpg[/img]

PITTSBURGH — Joseph R. Biden Jr. used his first address as a presidential candidate Monday to sketch out his economic plans, vowing to bring back the economic recession and unemployment of the Obama years, and - with any luck - the Great Depression engineered by the greatest Democrat president, Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

"The only great things about America I had seen in my lifetime were the Great Depression and the great presidency of FDR," Mr. Biden told a crowd of union members at a Teamsters hall in Pittsburgh, PA. "The long lines to the soup kitchens had united the nation like never before or after. We were all equal in our misery then."

The former vice president pointed out that the subsequent tax cuts and the cutting of government regulations had plunged the country into the darkness of economic prosperity, where corporate greed and a booming economy made workers woefully independent of government programs.

The 76-year-old Mr. Biden, who is making his third bid for the presidency, offered few specifics about his economic plans, except that his goal as a progressive was to fundamentally transform the country to the way he found it when he was born in 1942. The way to achieve that goal was through taxation, regulation, unionization, wage restrictions, and starting a major world war against Germany and Japan.

"If we want to close the income gap, raising the minimum wage to $15 an hour is not enough. We must also bring down the maximum wage to $15 nationwide. To be equal, everyone must be paid $15 an hour," said Mr. Biden to a few hundred supporters who greeted him with "We Want Joe to make Depression Great Again" chants.

Taking on Mr. Trump directly, Mr. Biden said, "Donald Trump is the only president who has decided not to represent the whole country," accusing Trump of discriminating against the Washington establishment, the foreign gang members, the Democrat leaders, and the intelligence community that had failed to overthrow the sitting president.

"Because of this failure, our only remaining option to defeat Trump is this election. This is why I had to leave my favorite La-Z-Boy chair and talk to the likes of you. We are in a battle for America's soul," Mr. Biden said.

Yet even before he took the stage, Mr. Biden got a sharp reminder that before he can take on the president he must first survive the Democratic primary. His closest competitor, the 77-year-old Senator Bernie Sanders, had also visited Pittsburgh and spoke to union workers, promising to establish a $150 an hour minimum/maximum wage instead of $15, and to take the country back to 1941 instead of 1942.

"We can't have a nominee as radical as Sanders," said an unnamed union official who endorsed Mr. Biden. Democrats will lose, he said, if they put forward a candidate with all these beautiful ideas but with little chance of winning.

[img]/images/FDR_Make_Depression_Great_Again.jpg[/img]

We're living in false prosperity right now just like the Roaring Twenties were false prosperity. It's all going to come crashing down and the Left is going to be there to pick up the pieces. It always takes the Left to pick up the pieces. Joe gets it.

Happy days are here again!

But this time can't we liquidate people too? Please?

Joe should use some of FDR's speeches like they're his own. Nobody will notice, Joe.

$.$. Halliburton wrote:Joe should use some of FDR's speeches like they're his own. Nobody will notice, Joe.
You have taken the words right out of my mouth. Oh dear, I mean....

Didn't WWII bring about the end of the 'great depression'? Not too much unemployment during a World War.

hw5bhqdffov21.jpg

Red Square wrote:
The former vice president pointed out that the subsequent tax cuts and the cutting of government regulations had plunged the country into the darkness of economic prosperity, where corporate greed and a booming economy made workers woefully independent of government programs.

To this darkness of tax cuts and cuts in government regulation, in the name of equality, Cubist must:

Turn on some sunlight shine it all around
Turn on some sunlight shine it all around

Shine it all around, shine it all around

Papa Kalashnikook wrote:Joe is simply "tactile"

We've all known people who violate other people's space. They do it to everyone because they just don't seem to have an awareness of people's space.

Any pictures of Joe being "simply tactile" with males?

Comrade, $.$. Halliburton, here is perhaps the picture you requested, even though I have used this before....

joe.jpg

Comrade Otis wrote:... But this time can't we liquidate people too? Please?
Absolutely!
It's high time to teach those kulaks a lesson. For starters, Umiat (Alaska) will enjoy a revival, to begin end January 2021. (Lists already compiled, stored in deadwood progtech of the glorious 40s. Make Typewritten Carbon Copy Great Again! JOBS J―O―B―S JOBS!)

Genosse Dummkopf wrote:Make Typewritten Carbon Copy Great Again!

Typewriters produce zero carbon emissions!

Margaret wrote:... Typewriters produce zero carbon emissions!
Mostestly korrekt, Margaret.
Already FDR decarbonized typewriting.

And we will not stop here.
We will declimatize types, writers, typewriters, and everything.

___________________( all hail comrade Ramirez! )

• Joe Biden: 'I'm Behind You, America, Free Sniffs!'
  • Bernie Sanders: 'Bend Over And Feel The Bern'
  • Elizabeth Warren: 'We've Got What It Takes To Take What You've Got!'
  • Kamala Harris: 'Who Do I Have To Fuck Around Here To Become President?!'
  • Cory Booker: 'Vote For Us Or We'll Scream At You In Restaurants!'
  • Pete Buttigieg: 'Let Me Make Everything Perfectly Queer!'
  • Beto O'Rourke: 'Free Shit For You! Free Shit For Everyone!'
  • Julian Castro: 'We'll Bankrupt Your Employer So You'll Have 52 Weeks Of Vacation!'
  • Michael Bennet: 'America: We Just Can't Wait To See How It Ends!'
  • John Delaney: 'Everything Will Be Rainbows And Unicorns! Just Like With Obama!'
  • Tulsi Gabbard: 'Constitution If We Get Our Way; Activist Court Order Otherwise!'
  • Kirsten Gillibrand: 'Someday None Of This Will Be Yours!'
  • John Hickenlooper: 'Help Eradicate Capitalism in Our Lifetime!'
  • Jay Inslee: 'Making Everything In This Country Free Except You!'
  • Amy Klobuchar: 'She Skipped Wisconsin, So Will We!'
  • Wayne Messam: 'Vote Democrat And We'll Force Nuns To Pay For Abortions!'
  • Tim Ryan: 'Tired Of Winning? Vote Democrat!'
  • Eric Smalwell: 'There's Still So Much Left To Tax!'
  • Seth Moulteon: 'The Dems: So Cool, We Don't Need ICE!'
  • Marianne Williamson: 'Dozens of CNN Viewers Can't Be Wrong!'
  • Andrew Yang: 'Reducing America's Carbon Footprint, One Job At A Time!'

By GWONT, did Komradette Putout document Creepy Sleepy in one of his preexistence stages ?

Though he was apparently alternatively gendered then, the central attitude was already there. Same true for the standard reaction of those blessed from behind by Creepy's preexistentiality.

Buttigieg = Puttiegig ?

plus...

Mystery item No. 1

BTW, a nice comment on the Chinman - Prog (Sleepy-n-Messiah) - Xxx triangle, by comrades Ramirez and Branco:

* what, Xxx? c'mon... { cues: (stable!) Genius Winner / Mr. Terrific / Iron Man (orange-hot!) / ... }

Hey Joe! Where you goin' with those wrinkled old hands...
Gonna sniff some young lady, fondle her shoulders and lose an election again.