Bush Relents to UN Pressure on Detainees

--PC Newswire Service--

In a surprising reversal of policy the Bush administration has announced that it is taking the recent UN investigators report on Guantanamo Bay detainees to heart. As President Bush explained:

"We believe in the United Nations. We feel it should be a strong force for good in the world. Therefore I've decided to act on the United Nations timely report and it's call to close down our Guantanamo Bay prisoner facilities. I'm pleased to tell the American people that I've ordered the military to evaquate the five-hundred prisoners of war we've been holding at our Gitmo facility in Cuba and to move them to better facilities at Turtle Bay, New York. The previous tenants of Turtle Bay, the United Nations, have been told to pack-up and are presently in the process of moving to a new UN headquarters at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba."

Dont get me wrong, I love the UN. But I really dont think they deserve to be placed in a facility where they will receive three square meals a day and warm sunny weather year round. I know it is harsh to say that, but until they get on the ball and help dismantle U.S will and resolve in the world abroad they will have to stay in their cold,smoggy,delopitated retro confines in NY.

The U.N. should be stationed in Antarctica.